Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    where can u find the patch with 10 at the end?
    I love to have it back and wait for this version
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Rod$ $removed$ $this$. $I$'$m$ $planning$ $on$ $bringing$ $it$ $back$ $at$ $some$ $point$ ($under$ $a$ $different$ $name$ $to$ $reduce$ $confusion$).

But right now is not a good time. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Tapping will be a bit harder at 10px instead of 25px.

I have not seen the issues you are talking about. In fact, you are contradicting yourself:

background services would not cause the UI to freeze, they are independent of each other.

Rather, background services might cause apps to take longer to open, etc, but the UI not getting enough CPU resources is what causes freezing.

Still, here is a version of the patch without cpushare modifications and with no modifications to the touch response.
    I tried to to install this one for testing with WOSQI but there is a error @ once step, I dont know if the patch goes in or not but the response is increase. How can I remove it? Can you help to point out what folder to remove it manually??
    I've noticed that this patch appears to have created a 4 to 5 second lag when the software keyboard is launched or closed. Now I'm not totally sure it is the patch but it was the last patch I installed and removing it fixed the problem.

I do have these patches installed too....

ad blocker
    advanced reset options
    disable browser cache
    faster card animation hyper
    muffled system logging
    private browsing
    quiet powered messages
    remove dropped packet logging
    remove tap ripple
    uber calender hd
    unhide dev mode icon
    unset CFQ IQ scheduler
    unthrottle dl manager

Also have uberkernel installed.

UPDATE I think the keyboard lagginess may be an issue of a memory leak from Sports Live HD. I deleted the app and reinstalled this patch and it has been running fine.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 09/19/2011 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    I can't install this patch because I can't uninstall the patch: Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 3.0.2-26. I get an error:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/lunaAnimations.conf.red

Any ideas? I really want to try the new patch.
    3.0.2-26 is the one I have as well, is this different than the 2.0.5 patch in this thread or is it just a later version of the same patch?
  5.    #145  
    Please remove any previous "touch response and smoothness" patches that you have installed before installing this patch.
    Anyone else get an issue in any app with entered text when trying to select it or move the cursor? It basically freezes for a few seconds each time I try this.
    Like several others in this thread, I am getting error messages in attempting to install the patch. I believe I had installed the older version of the patch, but it is not showing up in Preware.

How can I either

1) manually uninstall the old patch, or
    2) reinstall the old patch and uninstall it again using Preware?

Thank you.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by ns6490 View Post
    Like several others in this thread, I am getting error messages in attempting to install the patch. I believe I had installed the older version of the patch, but it is not showing up in Preware.

How can I either

1) manually uninstall the old patch, or
    2) reinstall the old patch and uninstall it again using Preware?

Thank you.
    The old patch should be in your Preware feed, if it is not, run the Emergency Patch Recovery Tool (search for it in Preware)

This will uninstall all of your patches...so first in preware on the main page swipe down the left menu and click Saved Package Lists (or whatever its called I can never remember)

Save your most current package list. (make sure the old Touch sensitivity patch isnt in the list!)

Then EPR, then install the Touch Sensitivity patch FIRST, then go to the saved package list and have it automatically reinstall all your other patches
    That did the trick. Thanks, rmausser!
    so version 3.0.2-26 is different than 2.0.5? Which is the latest and best out of the two?

edit*

Wait 2.0.5 is for a phone and not touchpad right?
    Last edited by King23James; 09/25/2011 at 02:24 PM.
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by King23James View Post
    so version 3.0.2-26 is different than 2.0.5? Which is the latest and best out of the two?

edit*

Wait 2.0.5 is for a phone and not touchpad right?
    Correct, anything with a 3 at the beginning is for webOS 3.X, anything with a 2 is for webOS 2.X

They are the same patch, but one is modified for the touchpad's resolution of 1024x768.
    Correct, anything with a 3 at the beginning is for webOS 3.X, anything with a 2 is for webOS 2.X

They are the same patch, but one is modified for the touchpad's resolution of 1024x768.
    yeah ok thx
    I've managed to install this on my UK Pre 3 by removing the [CpuShare] section of the patch, and it's ridiculously noticeable. Very smooth indeed, loving it
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I've managed to install this on my UK Pre 3 by removing the [CpuShare] section of the patch, and it's ridiculously noticeable. Very smooth indeed, loving it
    All you removed was cpushare part?

Ill make a Pre 3 patch for Preware.
    Yeah, I did some digging. Looks like my Pre 3 simply doesn't have a CpuShare section.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Anyone else get an issue in any app with entered text when trying to select it or move the cursor? It basically freezes for a few seconds each time I try this.
    I have this same problem. Is there anyway to fix this or any patch that i cannot have in order for this one to work correctly?? Thanks
    I had that issue too, I solved it by editing the VTrackBall section of /etc/palm/luna.conf and setting PixelsPerMoveH to 16 and PixelsPerMoveV to 26. These are the original settings and measure how far the user's finger travels before the cursor gets moved. Imo the patch shouldn't change the VTrackBall section at all, it doesn't improve UI responsiveness as much as make it impossible to use :|
    The old patch should be in your Preware feed, if it is not, run the Emergency Patch Recovery Tool (search for it in Preware)

This will uninstall all of your patches...so first in preware on the main page swipe down the left menu and click Saved Package Lists (or whatever its called I can never remember)

Save your most current package list. (make sure the old Touch sensitivity patch isnt in the list!)

Then EPR, then install the Touch Sensitivity patch FIRST, then go to the saved package list and have it automatically reinstall all your other patches
    Thank you for this, I could not get it to install either, but this did the trick. Thank you for an amazing patch
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I had that issue too, I solved it by editing the VTrackBall section of /etc/palm/luna.conf and setting PixelsPerMoveH to 16 and PixelsPerMoveV to 26. These are the original settings and measure how far the user's finger travels before the cursor gets moved. Imo the patch shouldn't change the VTrackBall section at all, it doesn't improve UI responsiveness as much as make it impossible to use :|
    I will look to edit this in an update.

mau
    I look forward to the update. Any idea on when the patch'll show in the Pre 3 feeds?