Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    TBH, the modified 10px + warthog + logging patches + bfq seem to make my TP work just fine. However, I'm happy to try out your new update.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    thanks, installing ERU fixed it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    Okay, not worth it -

Just like with the "10" version, when in the Launcher, swiping to go from Apps>Downloads>favorites, etc is more difficult than stock. You have to me so much more precise when you swipe left and right, making sure you swipe horizontally, with not even the slightest diagonal movement.

that's odd... My TP has the newest patch.

I'm swiping in the apps/downloads/favorites/setting menus right now.

I can swipe left to right at a 45-degree angle and it has no problems
    taking me from left to right and back again.
    So should I get the 60 fps or 100 fps?
    Dis likes this.
    Just tried with your updated patch (as avail via Preware).

It actually feels slower. And launcher to launcher page transitions are definitely slower/choppier.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    When I installed it, the patch REALLY screwed up the display of all applications. Everything had a group of numbers in boxes along the right side and cut off the left side of all windows. Interestingly, the touch buttons in Preware and whatnot were still mapped to the same touch location even though the buttons were there.

I removed it and tried to go back to the "10" patch that I was using before, but that patch is nolonger displayed in Preware?

Anyway, I decided to try re-installing this patch again and it's working perfectly now. Just wanted to give people a heads up on this potential problem just incase someone runs into it.
    Long live webOS!
    so which one is better? the increase "10" or the regular version of increase?
  8. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I've installed this patch and I'm impressed. The ability to select text for copying and pasting is much improved.

I'm also scrolling through the calendar quicker-which is odd. This may be more from the restart than the patch, though.
    Last edited by SCM; 09/12/2011 at 04:12 PM.
    Wow. I wasn't at all unhappy with the 10 version but figured I'd try this out. Uninstalled restarted installed restarted and just...wow. Incredibly smooth and everything actually feels more responsive.
  10. Pix
    i tried to modify the TapRadiusMax to 16px, and i think it's a good compromise between the original 25px and the patch's 10px. Tapping, now, is easy enough again.

However, i still don't understand how it works: how the radius of the tapping area can influence smoothness ? why smaller would be better ?

And one more thing, this values:

[CpuShare]
    -UiMainLow=512
    -UiOtherLow=128
    -JavaLow=128
    -WebLow=64
    -Default=1024
    +UiMainLow=2048
    +UiOtherLow=512
    +JavaLow=64
    +WebLow=32
    +Default=256

what do they means? what is exactly the low memory ?
    why have you increased all the low memory except the Default ?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I can definitely attest to this thing has really hit the sweet spot or is damn close! Anyone else noticing the C/C/P & Select & Select All functionality is great now? I swear it's now like the TP is reading my mind and anticipating when I want to call up these functions. Especially now when I copy something it has cued up the paste key when I go to put in the text I wanted to transfer even if I originally copied the text some time before and was playing around in other cards. Plus, I used to have to fiddle and do a lonnnnnng press to get those options to popup, and even then it would sometimes go away when I even waited for them to appear on screen for a while and become solid. Lift my finger to tap the command I wanted and poof it would be gone.

Now- almost never happens and scrolling to select / highlight text also works pretty damn well !

Big Thanks & gonna have to send a donation this way after payday !!!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    agree with this guy^
    Quote Originally Posted by Xterminater View Post
    so which one is better? the increase "10" or the regular version of increase?
    Regular is now better than the "10". Even the uber Beginner's Guide to Touchpad thread that everyone used has been edited to include this one and NOT the #10 version.

Quote Originally Posted by jmleese View Post
    I can definitely attest to this thing has really hit the sweet spot or is damn close! Anyone else noticing the C/C/P & Select & Select All functionality is great now? I swear it's now like the TP is reading my mind and anticipating when I want to call up these functions.
    Holy crap, I didn't even think to try text selecting and cut/pasting. You're right, it finally works like it should! AMAZING!
  14. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Great improvement. Thanks.
    great improvement over the orig ver of the patch. Thanks.

below is the info on what was changed in the newer ver of the patch.

webOS-Patches Web Portal
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pix View Post
    i tried to modify the TapRadiusMax to 16px, and i think it's a good compromise between the original 25px and the patch's 10px. Tapping, now, is easy enough again.

However, i still don't understand how it works: how the radius of the tapping area can influence smoothness ? why smaller would be better ?

And one more thing, this values:

[CpuShare]
    -UiMainLow=512
    -UiOtherLow=128
    -JavaLow=128
    -WebLow=64
    -Default=1024
    +UiMainLow=2048
    +UiOtherLow=512
    +JavaLow=64
    +WebLow=32
    +Default=256

what do they means? what is exactly the low memory ?
    why have you increased all the low memory except the Default ?
    Tap radius is the number of pixels you need to move in all directions before the OS considers your touch to be a movement rather than a tap.

The bigger you make the tap radius, the longer the OS waits before scrolling items like a launcher page or webpage, as its waiting for your finger to move more than a certain number of pixels before it registers that movement as a scroll or swipe rather than a tap.

This wait is perceived by some as "lag", even though it isnt, they still consider it so and are dissatisfied with it.

It would be great if the OS had an algorithm that kept monitor of how big your tapping area (size of your finger) was and arranged the tap radius size accordingly. HP/Palm has not implemented this although its right up their alley of patents.

The CPUShare is an area that defines how much resources or attention the CPU will allocate towards different tasks. CPU Priority is another word to describe it.

You are incorrect in your evaluation of my changes.

Look closer:

Before:

-UiMainLow=512
    -UiOtherLow=128
    -JavaLow=128
    -WebLow=64
    -Default=1024

After:

+UiMainLow=2048 (4x)
    +UiOtherLow=512 (4x)
    +JavaLow=64 (1/2)
    +WebLow=32 (1/2)
    +Default=256 (1/4)

Im attempting to allocate 4x the CPU priority to UI for both Luna and apps, and any background tasks (Java, Web, Default) I cut by half or 4 times.
    Wow. I wasn't at all unhappy with the 10 version but figured I'd try this out. Uninstalled restarted installed restarted and just...wow. Incredibly smooth and everything actually feels more responsive.
    WOW! This changes the entire experience. Incredible. Also, this changed the keyboard sound - is that correct?
  19.    #119  
    Hey guys, this is rmausser, the creator of this patch.

I am glad you all like the patch so much

I love webOS and want it to get nothing but better.

I currently have fallen on hard times a bit, do not have much employment.

Some of you have mentioned that you want to send a donation to the patch creator (me)

Please send any donations to my paypal here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LHEXRPGY3Y8PA

I appreciate anything and thanks, please enjoy the patch. By all means, I do not expect anything for this, but some people have commented that they want to donate, and I will make sure that I put more effort into patch making if I get a decent response.

I'd like to mention also that I do not own a touchpad...so, hey, if anyone has a spare lying around I could use it to continue to make this patch and other patches even better.
    zenkinz likes this.
    <Threads merged, re-titled to Original Thread title and put in proper forum.>
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast