Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    I believe that may be the case, when I first read the other thread, it wasn't updated at the time. Looking in Preware, it appears it was updated yesterday, but I didn't see any confirmation anywhere else.

You should only download from email, then open it in Preware, but as someone had just mentioned.....the patch's updated in Preware now, probably easier just to go there and get it.
    I can't find it under pre if and when I do, do I uninstall the old first
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I believe that may be the case, when I first read the other thread, it wasn't updated at the time. Looking in Preware, it appears it was updated yesterday, but I didn't see any confirmation anywhere else.

You should only download from email, then open it in Preware, but as someone had just mentioned.....the patch's updated in Preware now, probably easier just to go there and get it.
    Yes I uninstalled the one with the 10. I installed this Increase Touch Sensitivity and smoothness patch it was uploaded on 9/11.

I hope this is the right one. I notice a big diff from the one with the 10.

I guess we don't use both right?
    I found it in pre and just hit update and it automatically updated the old one restarted and nothing got screwed up as far as I can see- just don't see any real change in touch or smoothness

Quote Originally Posted by lespaulman67 View Post
    Yes I uninstalled the one with the 10. I installed this Increase Touch Sensitivity and smoothness patch it was uploaded on 9/11.

I hope this is the right one. I notice a big diff from the one with the 10.

I guess we don't use both right?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    I found it in pre and just hit update and it automatically updated the old one restarted and nothing got screwed up as far as I can see- just don't see any real change in touch or smoothness
    Maybe uninstall the patch and install it again. Because mine is running like it is overclocked and touch responce is way better than it was.( Im not overclocked )
    I have Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10. Should I remove that patch and use this new version?
    Last edited by upsidedown; 09/12/2011 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I have Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10. Should I remove that patch and use this new version?
    Yes, uninstall the one you have. Then go and install the new one without the 10.

Then do a luna restart and you should see a difference. Report back Thanks

Absolutely.... this new version works a LOT better!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Its not up on Preware yet, looking forward to trying this patch
    To be safe I uninstalled my old patch, restarted, installed new patch, restarted, and all is well for me. I know it's a bit of a PITA but worth it if everything goes clean.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Will your version be staying at 10px, or is there a chance that it may change again (in which case this version should have 10px in the title so that it is clear).

-- Rod
    I am keeping it at 10px, I have found that 8px is too little and has no advantage in terms of the fluidity of scrolling with the UI.

Thanks
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    I did the modification to 10px but would be happy to fold this back to the original patch.

That said, I do not agree with the statement that if I overclock, that I do not care about battery life.

The warthog philosophy is to try to extract the most out of stock settings. For example, 1.728ghz is the max stable at stock voltage which is why its at that setting. I'm not necessarily going for outright speed rather the most useable (to me) setting which a large part is interactive perf hence the logging patches.

So, what I would like to see this settle down to is what is the most we can get without a huge battery compromise. If you do not agree with this, that's fine. I'll just update the 10px patch when I find some time.
    I am keeping it at 10px.

At this time, I am just focused on getting the UI as lag free as possible, but I am interested in battery life.

It was just a statement btw, I personally have not witnessed any change in battery life with this patch, and only one person has confirmed it which I find anecdotal at best.

If more people can confirm that the battery life is worsened by the patch then I will take that into effect.
    O.K., just uninstalled 10 patch, did Luna reboot, installed new patch, Luna again, and all is well! Definitely an improvement for typing an e-mail!

Thanks!
    Dis likes this.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    and damn myself for leaving my TP at home!!!! never again will I, lol
    Somehow, I am getting this error when I tried to install it.
    I had old one installed on my TP and I tried to install it using QuickInstaller at work because I couldn't connect to company's WIFI.
    Any help? Thanks,

=============================================
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    69 11536 69 7950 0 0 14257 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 38592
    100 11536 100 11536 0 0 20595 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 55196
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Last edited by coolguyz11; 09/12/2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    and damn myself for leaving my TP at home!!!! never again will I, lol
    I'm sure the patch will still be there when you get home!

It's not like the HP free app promo codes that run out in a couple of hours!
    (in which case, you shouldn't leave the Touchpad at home)
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I saw the new version on preware,it is 3.02.26,is this the one with the cpushare hack?
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    Its not up on Preware yet, looking forward to trying this patch
    its in preware already, I wonder why it isnt showing up for you?
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkinz View Post
    I saw the new version on preware,it is 3.02.26,is this the one with the cpushare hack?
    I can only assume as I do not have a touchpad to check.

FYI there has only been one update so far since the original patch posted months ago.

This update has the CPUShare hack.

So if you see an update, thats the one.
    Okay, not worth it -

Just like with the "10" version, when in the Launcher, swiping to go from Apps>Downloads>favorites, etc is more difficult than stock. You have to me so much more precise when you swipe left and right, making sure you swipe horizontally, with not even the slightest diagonal movement.

I've tried it both ways and stock is much more forgiving as far as this goes.

The scrolling in the browser looks exactly the same to me with all the tiny stutter jumps we've come to expect from anything webOS. Until those are both fixed, sorry, not worth it for me.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast