Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    hmm. I removed the *10 version of this, restarted Luna, and now Preware is no longer aware of -any- of the things I have installed. This doesn't sound good.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by lespaulman67 View Post
    Maybe uninstall the patch and install it again. Because mine is running like it is overclocked and touch responce is way better than it was.( Im not overclocked )
    Its funny while i dont see any great change in touch and smoothness -- maybe i just dont see it -- i am overclocked and it seems to be running even faster after the patch and luna reboot. The patch i believe ends in 26, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Its redundant, but I didn't make that version.

WebOS Internals took my version and modified it.

Which is totally fine under the patching rules.

Everything we make here is open source and non copyrightable for anyone to use and modify.

If you do not want to see it in the Preware feed I suggest sending a message to WebOS Internals.
    Will your version be staying at 10px, or is there a chance that it may change again (in which case this version should have 10px in the title so that it is clear).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I did the modification to 10px but would be happy to fold this back to the original patch.

That said, I do not agree with the statement that if I overclock, that I do not care about battery life.

The warthog philosophy is to try to extract the most out of stock settings. For example, 1.728ghz is the max stable at stock voltage which is why its at that setting. I'm not necessarily going for outright speed rather the most useable (to me) setting which a large part is interactive perf hence the logging patches.

So, what I would like to see this settle down to is what is the most we can get without a huge battery compromise. If you do not agree with this, that's fine. I'll just update the 10px patch when I find some time.
    I did the modification to 10px but would be happy to fold this back to the original patch.

That said, I do not agree with the statement that if I overclock, that I do not care about battery life.

The warthog philosophy is to try to extract the most out of stock settings. For example, 1.728ghz is the max stable at stock voltage which is why its at that setting. I'm not necessarily going for outright speed rather the most useable (to me) setting which a large part is interactive perf hence the logging patches.

So, what I would like to see this settle down to is what is the most we can get without a huge battery compromise. If you do not agree with this, that's fine. I'll just update the 10px patch when I find some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    hmm. I removed the *10 version of this, restarted Luna, and now Preware is no longer aware of -any- of the things I have installed. This doesn't sound good.
    No that doesn't sound good. Do all patches need to be removed and reinstalled? Can any be just updated?

In preware, details for both patches "Increase Touch Sensitiviy and Smoothness 10" and
    "Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness" were "last updated" 8/2/11 2:34AM, both versions 3.0.2-3
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    There was another thread about this happening during hard reboots.. It was suggested to download and run the "Emergency Reconstruction Utility" from Preware in order to rebuild the corrupted ipkg status file...
    So am i looking in the wrong place as i cannot see any new updates for this patch.
    So do you use both patches? The ( Increase Touch Sensitiviy and Smoothness 10)
    Step 1. Remove the old Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10 Patch in Preware
    (Go to Installed Packages/Patches/ITSS10/Remove)

Step 2. Go to Post #1 for 100fps, or Post #35 for 60 fps in THIS THREAD and download the appropriate patches.

Email them to yourselves from your TouchPad. Download the patch from your email.

Open Preware. Top left corner menu select "Install Package"

Select Browse/Downloads/ (select the patch you just downloaded and press OK)

Install. Done.

If you're at your PC, download the patch, make sure your TouchPad is in developer mode, plugged into your PC, NOT in USB mode. Open webOS Quick Install. Drag the patch from wherever you saved it to, drop it into the WOSQI. Install. Done.
    Dis likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_exec View Post
    There was another thread about this happening during hard reboots.. It was suggested to download and run the "Emergency Reconstruction Utility" from Preware in order to rebuild the corrupted ipkg status file...
    Is restarting luna a hard reboot?
    Running the ERU should fix your missing patches issue.
    In preware I uninstalled the Increase Touch Sensitiviy and Smoothness 10 already and installed the one without the 10. It is working great with little touch now things respond much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_exec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Running the ERU should fix your missing patches issue.
    Yup, this just happened to me. Had nothing to do with this patch, was before it was released. I have no idea why it happened really but ERU fixed me up. Also at the same time seemed like I had to run some updates in software manager that had been run before like to the software manager itself, quickoffice, something else. Guess that was related, but not a big deal, just ran it and all is well.
    when I click on the file from other post and try to open it on the TP I get a can't open mime type.
    Quote Originally Posted by dong1225 View Post
    Man, only if HP shipped the TouchPad/webOS at this state instead of the pathetic state it was in at webOS 3.0.
    I am constantly reminded and saddened by the incompetence of HP and truly amazed at the things webOS community here manages to accomplish what HP couldn't.
    The Touchpad(and webOS) feels like a sexy hot girl who is forced to wear
    nerdy clothes, thick 1970s glasses, Red Sox baseball cap, and nun shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by lespaulman67 View Post
    In preware I uninstalled the Increase Touch Sensitiviy and Smoothness 10 already and installed the one without the 10. It is working great with little touch now things respond much better.

The improvement in touch responsiveness is more than what I experienced
    when I went from 1.2GHz to 1.5GHz.

It's almost like I got brand new fingers! (the wife sez: "too bad
    the improvement is only on the Touchpad screen, not my... " )

How does one send a thank you donation(cash or food) to the developer
    who was responsible for this awesome new patch?
    I installed this new patch from preware. I guess its already in the preware patches dir.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I'll give this patch another thumbs up. All I really tried after installing it last night was the beta of NuttyPad that I'm testing. It made Nuttypad 2x better. Writing is a dream now. I have no idea if I got the 100fps or 60 fps version and don't have the TP at work today but will have to check when I get home.
    I checked under preware. It doesn't show up
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast