Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
Like Tree39Likes
    I can't see this patch available for 2.2.4 on my Pre3. Any plans on updating it?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  2.    #242  
    Updated for webOS 2.2.4 and 3.0.5
    I've noticed an issue since installing the updated patch a few days ago.

When typing with Just Type it often won't register the first one or two keypresses - this also happens in apps like Messaging, where I click on a thread and start typing, but the first character or two are missed off.

I've unistalled the patch and it all seems to be running properly now. It feels almost as if the keyboard is not as quick as the patched OS, and by removing the ITR&S patch the speeds are better synced. Or that could just be me talking nonsense! :-)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Interesting, I've experienced the issue you speak of a fair few times. Never stopped to think it could be ITSS though, I'll run without it for a while and report back.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I've noticed an issue since installing the updated patch a few days ago.

When typing with Just Type it often won't register the first one or two keypresses - this also happens in apps like Messaging, where I click on a thread and start typing, but the first character or two are missed off.

I've unistalled the patch and it all seems to be running properly now. It feels almost as if the keyboard is not as quick as the patched OS, and by removing the ITR&S patch the speeds are better synced. Or that could just be me talking nonsense! :-)
    pre or touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    pre or touchpad?
    It's on the Pre3.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  7.    #247  
    yeah mine does that too. Didnt realize it was my patch. Its probably because the resources of the cpu are focusing on the visuals and not the background tasks, ie key presses.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    It's on the Pre3.

Has anyone notice a difference when scrolling in landscape mode vs. Portrait mode? It seems subtle, but scrolling on landscape mode, on many apps(All Twitter apps, browser, sometimes even email) its smother and a very pleasant experience ...portrait in the other hand, its awkward, not smooth and it jitters a lot.

Is there a known reason? My touchpad is overclocked but I can attribute this to uberkernel. Also I'm matchless since the 3.0.5. Update. Check it out an tell me if you see a difference.

Thanks.
    Dan.
    Phone: Pre- Tablet: Touchpad. Concept: WebOS Napkin.
    Treo 750, Sprint Pre, WebOS napkinŠ "in coming months"
    Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post
    Has anyone notice a difference when scrolling in landscape mode vs. Portrait mode? It seems subtle, but scrolling on landscape mode, on many apps(All Twitter apps, browser, sometimes even email) its smother and a very pleasant experience ...portrait in the other hand, its awkward, not smooth and it jitters a lot.

Is there a known reason? My touchpad is overclocked but I can attribute this to uberkernel. Also I'm matchless since the 3.0.5. Update. Check it out an tell me if you see a difference.

Thanks.
    Dan.
    Phone: Pre- Tablet: Touchpad. Concept: WebOS Napkin.
    I've experienced this, I think it's something to do with vsync. Nothing we can do without access to the graphics drivers I don't think.
    If you want to REALLY notice it, install Mojo FPS Booster and run Project Macaw in the speakers-down orientation. So buttery smooth, but then it all goes jerky when you rotate.
    Just tried updating Mojo Smooth Scrolling and Mojo Tap Responsiveness to 3.0.5-4, and I get:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-mojo-smooth-scrolling.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework2205.jsjsjs.$rej$

and:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-mojo-tap-responsiveness.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework2205.jsjsjs.$rej$

I am not able to uninstall either of them also.

Any ideas?
    Wrong thread, they have their own. However, others have been having that problem. You didn't remove patches before OTAing, right? Try uninstalling and reinstalling, failing that use EPR and Saved Package List to reinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Wrong thread, they have their own. However, others have been having that problem. You didn't remove patches before OTAing, right? Try uninstalling and reinstalling, failing that use EPR and Saved Package List to reinstall.
    Thanks. I did try uninstalling. No luck.

Should I EPR or the new AUSMT Recovery?
    There's more things that have to be displayed in portrait vs. landscape.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Ubuntite, I haven't used the new AUSMT recovery yet so I'm afraid I don't know. I think the patch is AUPT at the moment, as I haven't updated it for 3.0.5 yet.

And eblade, you would think so, but it's still choppy if you're in landscape with the speakers facing upwards, which to me shouts 'vsync! vsync!'.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213