Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Yeah this is really weird, I just pasted some code in, it should not have effected things like this.

Ill have to look through the code tonight.

Sorry guys.
    I deleted older version first and nw one installed fine. Thank you.

Sent from my HP Touchpad
    I may be imagining things, but I could swear my battery life has increased since installing this patch! Today I've had my Pre3 off the Touchstone since 7am and now at 1:30am I'm still at 31%

My only issue is that tapping on the screen is almost too sensitive now - when I go to open a messaging thread I often seem to end up almost sliding to delete, just down to the tiny movements of my finger. Is there any way to change this whilst retaining the smooth scrolling?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I think the oversensitivity might be to do with the difference in pixel density between the Touchpad and the Pre3. As far as I know, both have the same settings for tap radius with this patch installed (min 2 max 10) but since the Pre3's screen is so much smaller, it makes it a lot more sensitive. Having done the maths, I think Min 4, Max 20 would alleviate it. With any luck Mau'll be up for changing it on the Pre3 version
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I think the oversensitivity might be to do with the difference in pixel density between the Touchpad and the Pre3. As far as I know, both have the same settings for tap radius with this patch installed (min 2 max 10) but since the Pre3's screen is so much smaller, it makes it a lot more sensitive. Having done the maths, I think Min 4, Max 20 would alleviate it. With any luck Mau'll be up for changing it on the Pre3 version
    Ahh, so I'm not being overly fussy then? Phew! Fingers crossed this is an easy fix then.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Ahh, so I'm not being overly fussy then? Phew! Fingers crossed this is an easy fix then.
    so you want a bigger tap radius on the Pre or Touchpad?

Howabout 4 min and 15 max? 20 is so close to the 25 that is the standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    so you want a bigger tap radius on the Pre or Touchpad?

Howabout 4 min and 15 max? 20 is so close to the 25 that is the standard.
    It was the Pre3 version I was hoping you'd change. I'm not sure about the radiuses (radii?) but 4 min and 15 max sounds worth a try.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I don't have any background about this patch, but fact is that on a PRE3 the smoothness is realy great but all other is terrible. It don't make sence to have a smooth device but has to click several times on buttons.
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholle3000 View Post
    I don't have any background about this patch, but fact is that on a PRE3 the smoothness is realy great but all other is terrible. It don't make sence to have a smooth device but has to click several times on buttons.
    Sorry, everyones fingers are different.

I have no problem clicking on things
    I think the issue is that the patch seems to make tapping on things work a little differently to an un-modified Pre3 and, for me at least, it has made taps register less often than before. If the tap radius adjustment works then I'll be a happy man as the patch has improved general phone use vastly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholle3000 View Post
    I've discovered some settings for Mojo buttons recently, specifically tap timings. I'll be working on a patch for it sometime in the near future. For complaints about webOS, allow me to point you in the direction of the 'webOS Discussion' board.

That said, I think the Pre3 patch could do with increasing the drag radius a bit. Swipe to delete was a bit of a pain before I modified mine.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 11/28/2011 at 10:23 AM.
  11.    #231  
    im swamped with actual bill paying work right now, but I will get this done with some other patches and things soon.
  12.    #232  
    patch update submitted to preware
    touchpadmd1203 likes this.
    Awesome, thanks mau good luck with your real-life work too.
    I tried updating from 3.0.4-44 to 3.0.4-45 in preware and also by using webos quickinstall but it failed, and also can't uninstall 3.0.4-44 from my TP via either method.

Uninstall IPKG log

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness.prerm 2>&1
    3 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/lunaAnimations.conf.rej
    It's the System Control Optimisation Patch. Uninstall It, update the Sensitivity patch and reinstall the SCO patch after that. I had the same problem.
  16.    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by ubi79 View Post
    It's the System Control Optimisation Patch. Uninstall It, update the Sensitivity patch and reinstall the SCO patch after that. I had the same problem.
    Yes thank you.

This is because the System Control patch basically modifies a file that the last Sensitivity patch created.
    Quote Originally Posted by ubi79 View Post
    I have not installed System Control Optimization Patch. I don't have any other touch sensitivity-type patch installed. I do have the Mojo FPS Booster patch, but it says it supposed to work with this patch.

After I tried installing 3.0.4-45 and then removing 3.0.4-44, and going back to view 3.0.4-44, it indicates the version 3.0.4-44 was 'last updated' 12/1/11 and 'installed' 12/6/11. Maybe there was a partial install.

I think I may have had an issue updating or removing an older Increase Touch Sensitivity patch during the 3.0.4 webos update, and subsequent Doctor I performed.
    Using it now on my VZW Pre2. Works great. Thanks!!!
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    I have not installed System Control Optimization Patch. I don't have any other touch sensitivity-type patch installed. I do have the Mojo FPS Booster patch, but it says it supposed to work with this patch.

After I tried installing 3.0.4-45 and then removing 3.0.4-44, and going back to view 3.0.4-44, it indicates the version 3.0.4-44 was 'last updated' 12/1/11 and 'installed' 12/6/11. Maybe there was a partial install.

I think I may have had an issue updating or removing an older Increase Touch Sensitivity patch during the 3.0.4 webos update, and subsequent Doctor I performed.
    The only thing I can suggest at this point is making sure your patches are saved in the "Saved Package List" (left drop down in Preware) and then use the "Emergency Patch Recovery Tool" to remove all patches.

Then reinstall them by going to the "Saved Package List" in Preware.

This will save you the headache of having to manually install each patch as you just hit "install all" and Preware does the dirty work of reinstalling all of them again.
    Mau, I noticed that the latest version of the patch has luna running at 60fps max and min. Why did you change it? I've found that mojo apps such as internalz become very choppy when running luna at 60fps as opposed to 100.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast