Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 254
Like Tree39Likes
  1. #201  
    @rmausser

    Thanks for thinking of the lowly 1.4.5'ers!!! This patch is incredible! It is like I got a new phone. Very smooth and responsive! Really unbelievable.

    Thank you!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ha! Still kicking it old school with a Sprint Pre on a slick patched-out webOS 1.4.5. Long Live Palm!
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    @rmausser

    Thanks for thinking of the lowly 1.4.5'ers!!! This patch is incredible! It is like I got a new phone. Very smooth and responsive! Really unbelievable.

    Thank you!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    no problem, I am glad that it is being well recieved.

    I wasn't sure how many people still use 1.4.5, so I held off making the patch for a while.

    Glad to see it is being put to good use.
    Last edited by rmausser; 10/28/2011 at 09:10 AM.
  3. #203  
    I've been playing around with the drag radius settings on the Pre3, I think 15px works better than 10 due to the increased pixel density over the TP.
    I'm going to take a look into the Smooth Scrolling patch from webOS 2.1 and see if I can port it over to the Pre3 and TP, it gets rid of that annoying jerk when you start scrolling in Mojo apps which is a nice step toward a smoother UI.
  4. iradeut's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #204  
    I've been experimenting with this patch & with Buttah on a Pre3, and in both cases, while scrolling gets much more responsive (perhaps too much), selecting an item gets very funky, sometimes not working at all. As you all continue to experiment with settings, please keep an eye on this...and thanks for all the good work.
  5. #205  
    The smooth scrolling patch is done, you can find it here:
    Mojo Smooth Scrolling for 2.2.x

    With this, scrolling (in mojo apps) no longer 'snaps' when you start dragging. Thanks to this, raising the drag radius in luna.conf no longer makes it look worse.
    I attempted a Touchpad version, but it looks like HP integrated the patch, the changes are already there. Weird, considering that the snap is still there :| i'll have another look later on and see if i made a derp.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    The smooth scrolling patch is done, you can find it here:
    Mojo Smooth Scrolling for 2.2.x

    With this, scrolling (in mojo apps) no longer 'snaps' when you start dragging. Thanks to this, raising the drag radius in luna.conf no longer makes it look worse.
    I attempted a Touchpad version, but it looks like HP integrated the patch, the changes are already there. Weird, considering that the snap is still there :| i'll have another look later on and see if i made a derp.
    Please submit to Preware patch feeds.

    webOS-Patches Web Portal
  7. #207  
    As I said in the thread, already submitted
  8. #208  
    Apologies for the double post, but Mojo Smooth Scrolling is now in preware!
  9.    #209  
    due to ShiftyAxel, there will be an update for this patch soon!

    stay tuned! haha
  10.    #210  
    Update for this patch: version 3.0

    Changes:

    -Noticed that the Touchpad gets sluggish overall after a while. Modified the sysctl.conf settings that were created to optimize the Pre Minus with webOS 2.1.

    -modified both

    MaxPenMoveFreq
    MinPenMoveFreq

    and

    MaxGestureChangeFreq
    MinGestureChangeFreq

    Increasing the polling rate of these devices.

    Enjoy! Let me know how it works and ill put it in Preware once I get good responses.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11.    #211  
    Added all webOS compaible version 3.0 of patch to preware, yet to be approved.

    Created Legacy Optimized version, with sysctl.conf settings that better optimize the low ram size of the Pre and Pixi (256MB)
  12. #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Update for this patch: version 3.0

    Changes:

    -Noticed that the Touchpad gets sluggish overall after a while. Modified the sysctl.conf settings that were created to optimize the Pre Minus with webOS 2.1.

    -modified both

    MaxPenMoveFreq
    MinPenMoveFreq

    and

    MaxGestureChangeFreq
    MinGestureChangeFreq

    Increasing the polling rate of these devices.

    Enjoy! Let me know how it works and ill put it in Preware once I get good responses.
    getting errors when trying to install Inrrnalz says Contains only garbage and line unexpectedly ends
  13. #213  
    Did you download the attatched file directly? Some strange things happen when you download attatchments from precentral. I had these errors too. Try to send the file as an email to your self with the built in function and it may work...
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4llle View Post
    Did you download the attatched file directly? Some strange things happen when you download attatchments from precentral. I had these errors too. Try to send the file as an email to your self with the built in function and it may work...
    the touchpad has known issues with secure downloads. Its not just precentral.
  15.    #215  
    Its now in Preware so no need to download.

    Updates for all devices in Preware, tell me your results.

    My Pre 3 is FLYING with this patch now.
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Its now in Preware so no need to download.

    Updates for all devices in Preware, tell me your results.

    My Pre 3 is FLYING with this patch now.
    Actually tried preware first and got the dreaded error message. Trying do download this on my Touchpad but no luck so far
  17. #217  
    Finally seems to have got rid of that dreaded 'snap' on my Pre3! Hopefully battery life won't suffer. Great work.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  18. #218  
    One of my TouchPads that has zero patches installed is failing on all hunks weird.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  19. #219  
    On my 2.1 pre- the preware update deleted the old version of the patch but the new one fails to install with this message:

    Begin
    Nichts Interessantes.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 11742 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11742 100 11742 0 0 11937 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 21387
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    Install-Prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness.postinst 2>&1
    The next patch would create the file etc/sysctl.conf,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/sysctl.conf.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness.prerm)
    Delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    Failed
    Nichts Interessantes.
  20.    #220  
    Yeah this is really weird, I just pasted some code in, it should not have effected things like this.

    Ill have to look through the code tonight.

    Sorry guys.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions