Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Jason Robitaille
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
  1.    #1  
    On the Pre3 (webOS 2.2.0), the YouTube app simply opens the YouTube webpage in a browser card, and when you tap to play a video, it open up in the built-in video player.

This, in essence, makes my previous YouTube video downloader app impossible for the Pre3.

So instead, I've made this patch. It patches the built-in video player, so that if an online .mp4 video is being played (like a YouTube video), then a button will appear on the titlebar, that will let you download the video being played. Not my preferred solution, but it works

Attached are 2 different versions of the patch. One for webOS 2.1, and one for webOS 2.2.0.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    daffy4u, alacrify, Rnp and 1 others like this.
    Wow....it would be awesome to have this possibility on my TouchPad.
    Any chance of this to make this patch available for webOS 3.0.2 ?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlomm View Post
    Wow....it would be awesome to have this possibility on my TouchPad.
    Any chance of this to make this patch available for webOS 3.0.2 ?
    YouTube on the touchpad streams in-browser via flash, so it wouldn't be possible, sorry

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

earworm installs on the touchpad though...
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    earworm installs on the touchpad though...
    very true, I just meant in patch form

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Awesome! I was actually thinking of letting my wife have the Pre3 and going back to the 2 (I like the form factor better anyway! I like the Pre -/+'s the best) because of all the patches I had "lost" of which this was a major one (YouTube TOA be damned).
  7. Pix
    it works only with youtube ? i tried with facebook video too, but doesn't show any button in the titlebar...
    This is great, thanks Jason - another patch from 1.4.5/2.1 I can score of my list
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pix View Post
    it works only with youtube ? i tried with facebook video too, but doesn't show any button in the titlebar...
    It works for youtube and direct .mp4 static video steams. Facebook almost certainly uses something different

10.    #10  
    Now working for webOS 2.2.4, for all devices on that webOS version

Given the YouTube "app" on webOS 2.2.4 is basically a web-link that plays the video itself in the webOS video player, this patch is now the best patch-alternative to my YouTube Video Downloader patch
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/21/2011 at 08:25 AM.

Rnp likes this.
    With the HTML5 development, it will be convinent to view online video on my PRE 2 ... BYW, i usually use this dvd rippping software for my PRE2.
    Last edited by Minnesotaguy; 09/29/2014 at 01:56 AM.
    if you change the last .mp4 to read .mp3 in the patch and then install, it will download as mp3 instead. If you later want the video too, you can change it .mp4 in internals and you should get the video too