Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmarkb View Post
    I am also getting an error when trying to install via Internalz (same something about garbage)..
    Once again (since no one seems to use the search button), see http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...tachments.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Once again (since no one seems to use the search button), see http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...tachments.html
    Thanks Jason.... I feel stupid because I knew that, I have downloaded a few patches using the correct method. Don't know why I completely forgot last night.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    That problem should finally be solved with the secure download patch and cookie service, I'll try it out and verify.
    Still doesn't work because the browser appears to be selected to open the file.
    Where the location of the file where we can just change the value manually? That seems simpler in my mind!
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoll3ster View Post
    Where the location of the file where we can just change the value manually? That seems simpler in my mind!
    Post#38 my friend.
    When I first apply that I look at those params in the file but they didn't affect the size of the size of the minimized card
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3155189

When I tried the mojo size change it didn't matter in which of the 2 files I'll edit it:
    /etc/palm/luna-platform.conf or just luna.conf, and I see that the ratios are different in the 2 files so maybe I was messing with the wrong one and trying to fix the minimized card size or just went to extreem from .55 to .1 I'll give it a shot and maybe we'll all get lucky
    Last edited by BoRn; 09/16/2011 at 10:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Guys How do i uninstall the patch?
    none of the games I tried: ie;balloon pop,angels and dev,hang free etc etc increased in size only a black box appears all around the app at launch, table soccer tried and the image got corrupted, so did trip on a funny boat.

Thanks any ways i know sooner or latter you will get it
    Quote Originally Posted by luscus View Post
    Guys How do i uninstall the patch?
    none of the games I tried: ie;balloon pop,angels and dev,hang free etc etc increased in size only a black box appears all around the app at launch, table soccer tried and the image got corrupted, so did trip on a funny boat.

Thanks any ways i know sooner or latter you will get it
    Go into Preware ---> installed packages --->patch ---> then uninstall from there!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    EDIT: I've put the correct patch file at the top of this thread in order to not confuse people.

My patch didnt really do anything, its really GyroJoe's patch that got us to where we are now. Please thank him as well!

In the luna-platform.conf file, there are these values:

ModalWindowWidth=320
    ModalWindowHeight=480

Which leads me to believe that these are settings for how big the emulator mode window is.

I've doubled the value, hopefully making the emulator window double in size.

Anyone brave enough to try this patch?

I dont have a Touchpad.

Let me know what happens :P

This may bork webos and you will have to doctor. So use only if you want to possibly further webOS. Take one for the team!
    what does changing modal width and modal height do? the settings around it control the icon locations in launcher and the card sizes, but changing the modal's doesn't seem to do anything. i want to change the size of the clear squares around the icons in edit mode.
    This isn't showing up in preware. Does anyone have the exact path to remove in internalz? Also do I need to be in mastermode? Also will I be removing it or modifying the changes the patch made? Thanx.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    For anyone stuck on removing this as I was, I was looking for big.emu.patch, but it was listed as hUSJQLAx.patch. I finally got it removed.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    tried to install big-emu-cards.patch by downloading on touch pad via this forum ,internalz came up when I opened file, it tried to install and I got garbage error message. What am I doing wrong? Would love to have this patch. How do I install it? Thanks in advance
    See Jason's post above that I quoted and thanked.

I will tell you your problem is downloading from the thread, you will need to use the e-mail function of the forums. But please read the thread Jason posted as it will explain this in detail. (if you weren't new I would have made you read the thread like I had to)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    My secure downloading patch allows you to download .patch files from the forum now.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    The patch seems to work for more apps than not. Oddly, I did have a couple of apps that open full screen, not in the emulator, which got messed up by the patch:

PocketMirror
    White Pages
    PreWare

In PreWare and PocketMirror, there is a section of about a third of the screen that has garbage. In White Pages, there is a section of the screen that is repeated in the wrong place. I removed the patch and all three of these are back to normal. Anyone else seeing this issue?

The only emulator apps I tried that were completely dysfunctional were:

Countdown - layout of board was flowed across the greater width, completely unplayable
    TimePiece - clock did not appear on the screen at all

More apps had display issues but were usable:

Detector - not enlarged, appeared in corner
    Manic 8 Ball - likewise
    Topple Ball Mini - likewise
    World Time Lite - likewise
    OpenTable - spacing between rows no longer matches the dividers (which must be on the background)

And the majority of emulator apps I tried worked and looked great, much improved by the extra space:

NYT
    No-Nonsense Weather
    Dice Roller Lite
    Thought Bubble
    Game Clock
    Seismograph
    Yelp
    GetHuman
    Stopwatch/Timer
    Dropboxify

Overall I would leave it installed, except for the issue with full-screen apps. Messing up Preware is not acceptable!
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    The patch seems to work for more apps than not. Oddly, I did have a couple of apps that open full screen, not in the emulator, which got messed up by the patch:

PocketMirror
    White Pages
    PreWare

In PreWare and PocketMirror, there is a section of about a third of the screen that has garbage. In White Pages, there is a section of the screen that is repeated in the wrong place. I removed the patch and all three of these are back to normal. Anyone else seeing this issue?

The only emulator apps I tried that were completely dysfunctional were:

Countdown - layout of board was flowed across the greater width, completely unplayable
    TimePiece - clock did not appear on the screen at all

More apps had display issues but were usable:

Detector - not enlarged, appeared in corner
    Manic 8 Ball - likewise
    Topple Ball Mini - likewise
    World Time Lite - likewise
    OpenTable - spacing between rows no longer matches the dividers (which must be on the background)

And the majority of emulator apps I tried worked and looked great, much improved by the extra space:

NYT
    No-Nonsense Weather
    Dice Roller Lite
    Thought Bubble
    Game Clock
    Seismograph
    Yelp
    GetHuman
    Stopwatch/Timer
    Dropboxify

Overall I would leave it installed, except for the issue with full-screen apps. Messing up Preware is not acceptable!
    I really wish there was a way to tell certain apps to ignore these settings, but alas, there isnt that much control over it.
    will this work with 3.0.4??
    I also am wondering if it will work w 3.04.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Can this be updated to work with 3.0.4 please?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast