1.    #1  
    I'm new to webOS and preware, I tried to install the increase touch sensitivity and smoothness 10 patch on by touchpad but I keep getting an error message. I don't understand why this is, none of the other patches I have installed have gone wrong. Can anyone help. Thx in advance.
    What is the error message?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by phnxchckn View Post
    I'm new to webOS and preware, I tried to install the increase touch sensitivity and smoothness 10 patch on by touchpad but I keep getting an error message. I don't understand why this is, none of the other patches I have installed have gone wrong. Can anyone help. Thx in advance.
    edit:
    I have pasted the Preware IPKG Log for more info below. Can anyone make sense if this?

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 11396 100 11396 0 0 9387 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 35501
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness-10
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness-10.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness-10 from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness-10.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    What other patches do you have installed?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

once happened while I had ubuntu chroot mounted, I guess because it is in cryptofs it causes problem. Device reset and see if it works. However it says there's a patch conflict so you should uninstall patches until this installs or maybe epr if you are having trouble with other patches as well
    Last edited by mannyfrehest; 09/07/2011 at 11:02 PM.
  6.    #6  
    I can't explain it but its fixed now. I uninstalled my patches and then installed the sensitivity and smoothness patch first, everything else installed after and no problems. Thankyou to the community for your replies.
    i keep getting this error when i try n uninstall this path Help:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness.prerm 2>&1
    3 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej