1.    #1  
    My apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere... I didn't see it.

I was wondering if it is possible, or if anyone is working on, streaming movies over a touchpad from your Netflix account. I have been using the Hulu patch and I was just hoping someone would be able to do something similar for the touchpad. Though I imagine it is quite a bit different.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Netflix uses Silverlight with DRM which doesn't run on any flavor of linux and likely never will as Microsoft will not allow Novell (developer of Moonlight, the Silverlight version for Linux) to include it. Linux is too much of a threat.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  3.    #3  
    Bummer :-/
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Your one possible solution is running Netflix on your PC and using Splashtop to view it (Splashtop is scheduled to be released soon).
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Also, there are rumblings that Chrome/Chromium on linux will soon support Netflix. If that's the case it might run in a chrooted Ubuntu install. I'll go try.

Edit: well it doesn't work now. Upon attempting to login Chromium quits.
    Last edited by Mize; 09/06/2011 at 05:39 PM.
    Several people on these forums are using a service called Playon to watch Netflix on their Touchpads. What's PlayOn? | PlayOn

It requires you to put sofware on your home PC and then you can stream it to your touchpad. It has a free trial but if it works to your liking, the software will end up costing you $79.99 (one time fee) or $39.99 (yearly) or $4.99 (monthly).

You'll be limitted by your home networks upload speed as to the quality of the stream. I've been satisfied with what I can stream from my home PC using Kalemsoft media. But the PC software for it is free.
    If you purchased PlayOn before May 2010, you likely have PlayOn Basic , and you'll be able to stream Netflix without any monthly fee. Unfortunately the Basic version is no longer available.