1.    #1  
    On the touchpad when choosing the "mute sound" option from the pull down tab in the upper right corner the touchpad makes a loud chime as it completes this task. Also, when you use the volume buttons to turn down the sound it makes a 'splat' noise with each click.
    I would like to be able to quickly mute my touchpad without it making a loud chime. Seems like common sense to me... If I want it silent the last thing you should do is make more noise.

thanks I advance for any help you may be able to offer.
    Are you talking about the vibration? Mine doesn't play a sound when muting.
    In any case, it seems to be part of LunaSysMgr - which is native code, so not easily patchable.
  3.    #3  
    No, it makes a chime sound, like a ringtone. It is possible that you just have the system sounds turned off. That is the only way I have found to mute it without making noise. The problem with that is that it also mutes keyboard clicks, which I tend to like using.

Basically I would like to be able to mute my touchpad when I am at a meeting, or my wife is sleeping next to me without drawing unnecessary attention to myself.
    Ah, mine just did it too.

After reboot it isn't doing it however - seems like an intermittent thing.
    I'm assuming this is the sound for the volume buttons:
    /usr/share/systemsounds/AdjustVolume.pcm.

Could try replacing that with a silent sound instead.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    No, it makes a chime sound, like a ringtone. It is possible that you just have the system sounds turned off. That is the only way I have found to mute it without making noise. The problem with that is that it also mutes keyboard clicks, which I tend to like using.

Basically I would like to be able to mute my touchpad when I am at a meeting, or my wife is sleeping next to me without drawing unnecessary attention to myself.
    I woul say you are a customer for the upcoming modeswitcher 3.0
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  7.    #7  
    Just looked up modeswitcher and it does sound very cool. Any idea when it may become available?