Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    This is an important patch for me as well. I'd be willing to pitch in a few bucks to have it fixed asap. Thanks
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Infinite Jest likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    This is an important patch for me as well. I'd be willing to pitch in a few bucks to have it fixed asap. Thanks
    ^
    I tried to install securedownload.patch, but got the 1 out of 6 hunks failed message for /usr/palm/applications/com.pal.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$

The patch file indicates the diffs are for a file dated 2011-07-6, but logging in on the terminal shows that the file date for BrowserApp.jsjsjs $on$ $the$ $touchpad$ $is$ $now$ $2011$-$09$-$16$. $I$ $suspect$ $WebOS$ $3$.$0$.$4$ $updated$ $the$ $file$ $so$ $the$ $patch$ $fails$ $since$ $it$ $does$ $not$ $match$.

I could attempt a manual merge, but would appreciate a newly posted patch.
    ok, I got it to work by manually patching the files for 3.0.4. No idea how to post this as an update. All I did was manually edit Browser.jsjsjs $and$ $BrowserApp$.$js$ $to$ $include$ $the$ $diffs$ $from$ $securedownload$.$patch$. $dropbox$ $file$ $download$ $works$ $now$
    Barron22 and Dogma like this.
    It was working perfectly with the Blackboard before the update. I would really appreciate an updated patch too!
    Quote Originally Posted by redbrood View Post
    ok, I got it to work by manually patching the files for 3.0.4. No idea how to post this as an update. All I did was manually edit Browser.jsjsjs $and$ $BrowserApp$.$js$ $to$ $include$ $the$ $diffs$ $from$ $securedownload$.$patch$. $dropbox$ $file$ $download$ $works$ $now$
    Would it be possible to do a step by step to show what you did?
    I am on 3.0.4. I have removed all browser patches but still get the "1 of 6 hunks" error. I feel unsure about modifying the browser.jsjsjs $file$. $Would$ $you$ $mind$ $posting$ $your$ $modified$ $files$ $so$ $I$ $can$ $do$ $a$ $diff$ $between$ $yours$ $and$ $mine$?
    Hi. I am also wiling to go on the contributors' list to get this patch working fine. I bough a TP for my daughter and she cannot use is at Uni to download her study material.

Please keep us in the loop.
    Ok, so figured out that indeed the problem is the the changed word locations are just in different spots.
    If you open the securedownload.patch in notepad on your desktop/laptop, you will see that it is just Line,row numbers and the author is just (-) removing lines and (+) adding lines. The problem is that Palm moved the lines around a little with the new OS.

So to fix this from "Preware" install "TIDE" the editor on the touchpad, and open each file referenced in the securedownload.patch. Then just look at the row numbers and you will find the "nearby" areas with the new locations and on your laptop/desktop just change the column and row numbers (ex: 45,7) to the new "correct" locations. This will take about 1 hr to do, and voila you will have your new 3.0.4 securedownload.patch. If I did not have so much homework, I would do it myself. If I have time later this week, I will do this for you guys,or if any other guys out there want to do this please do so to help others. bye and have fun editing the new .patch file.
    Hey Chorito777

Thanks for posting that. Im trying to change the numbers but I cant properly read the location markers. In the .patch file the locations are listed like this:
    @@ -26,6 +26,7 @@

I was wondering what each of these numbers refer to? Im assuming the first number and the third numbers are the line numbers. Is this the line where the first line of the code is supposed to be inserted into? I have no idea what the second and fourth numbers are referring to. If you can explain this really quick to me, I should be able to edit the patch to make it work properly.

Thankfully, I dont have that much homework this weekend.
    what if I wouldn't get the patch to work even before the update, please help, the touchpad is useless to me without my ability to download secure PDFs
    I'd be willing to take a look at updating the patch. Is the one at http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3146709 the most recent one?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    yep, that's the only version I have downloaded. It is the 3rd update with little modifications from the first 2 editions
    here's the .patch for 3.0.4
    Attached Files Attached Files

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Awesome! I'm not sure if blackboard changed the way it works, but for some reason every time I download a document for my classes, it prompts me for my login name and password. After I put those in, I can download the doc successfully, but it's a bit annoying having to do it every time. This didn't happen in the 3.0.2 patch. Again, not sure if it's the patch or the site. Thanks so much for working on this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Awesome! I'm not sure if blackboard changed the way it works, but for some reason every time I download a document for my classes, it prompts me for my login name and password. After I put those in, I can download the doc successfully, but it's a bit annoying having to do it every time. This didn't happen in the 3.0.2 patch. Again, not sure if it's the patch or the site. Thanks so much for working on this!
    I just ported the patch to 3.0.2. The content/changes are the exact same as the 3.0.2 one

I just ported the patch to 3.0.2. The content/changes are the exact same as the 3.0.2 one
    Hmm... Either blackboard changed something up or the browser in 3.0.4 has some kind of new security measure then. Anyway, kudos for the patch; you're a life-saver!
    Don't you also need com.gyrocode.cookiejar?
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Don't you also need com.gyrocode.cookiejar?
    It's in the original post.
    Awwesome. Just found this site since getting my touchpad this past week as gift. I appreciate all the work that you are doing. Could be something only on my end, but as a heads up...I am updated to 3.0.4 and getting the following message:

Error
    --------------------------
    Patch installation failed.
    patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch:****Only garbage was found in the patch input.
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch:****Only garbage was found in the patch input.

Def. willing to donate to move this forward.
    ImCoKeMaN likes this.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast