Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    Added another new version with support for special URL characters.

As I said before, if you have a site which is not working, PM me the details and I can look into it.
    added to where? not seeing it in the original post on this thread
    The secure download patch does not work with "Enable Private Browsing" (EPB). I uninstalled EPB to install secure download. It worked. And when I tried installing EPB it failed. And vice versa.
    What's moodle?

I did try arxiv.org. There's something else going on with that site. The files download, but for some reason they aren't reported that way in the download list. Look at the download directory with Internalz, you should see them there.

Edit: Well I thought it worked anyway :/ Their server is returning HTTP 403.
    Thanks, GyproJoe. I can see cookie Jar in Laucher, I didn't get any warning message from arxiv.org. The browser shows that the pdf file is downloaded but nothing can be found at the download directory. Everything is just as same as before!

BTW, I restored my TP with webos doctor but it doesn't help. And I tried install that two package many times. But I suspect that they have not been launched at all since I got no warning message and no downloaded pdf file. Nothing changed apparently. The package was send to me by email and com.gyrocode.cookiejar_0.1.0_all.ipk.zip was unziped before install it.

Any comments? Thanks
    Last edited by nuanhu; 10/07/2011 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by specr1 View Post
    thanks Joe for the work but having the same problem with the university of Alberta's eclass (blackboard)
    cant get mine working too, u of alberta eclass
    Ok, this needs some serious testing.

Try it with the sites you use and see how it behaves.

You need to install both the ipk AND the patch, or it won't work.
    You also MUST install "Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$&$quot$; $from$ $Preware$.

Once you've installed all pre-reqs, restart your Touchpad.

This may also fix some of the unknown mime type errors from unsecured site, however there is a bug with the PDF reader app that makes it unable to open pdfs without the pdf extension. If this happens, rename the file using Internalz (looking into a better solution for this and the other unknown mime errors)

Update: Now supports basic auth also.

Update 2: Works for file types the browser decides it should handle. This includes patches on this very forum!

Update 3: Properly handles usernames/passwords with special URL characters in them (like @).
    Can somebody please explain or tell me step by step how to download all the required files and get this to work. I really need to enable my touchpad to download the attachments on blackboard for school but I'm kind of a noob when it comes to all of this...Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincoyo View Post
    The secure download patch does not work with "Enable Private Browsing" (EPB). I uninstalled EPB to install secure download. It worked. And when I tried installing EPB it failed. And vice versa.
    The patches change the same file and conflict. Unless someone makes a combined patch, you won't be able to have them both.

Quote Originally Posted by nuanhu View Post
    Thanks, GyproJoe. I can see cookie Jar in Laucher, I didn't get any warning message from arxiv.org. The browser shows that the pdf file is downloaded but nothing can be found at the download directory. Everything is just as same as before!

BTW, I restored my TP with webos doctor but it doesn't help. And I tried install that two package many times. But I suspect that they have not been launched at all since I got no warning message and no downloaded pdf file. Nothing changed apparently. The package was send to me by email and com.gyrocode.cookiejar_0.1.0_all.ipk.zip was unziped before install it.

Any comments? Thanks
    Arxiv's site isn't actually protected. Downloads fail because the user agent is missing. Need a fix from HP.
    Last edited by GyroJoe; 10/08/2011 at 06:31 AM.
    Hi everyone.

So i was using an iPad and found the same problem about not being able to open documents from WebCT (Blackboard in the USA?)

I found an app called "OpenItApp". It's from people at Monash University but it works perfectly for my Uni's WebCT.

Can anyone learn from this how it works and make it work for the Touchpad?

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Noticed this conflicted with private browsing, but that's an acceptable tradeoff to opening files from my university. Adv. Browser still can do private, so meh.

Donated.

You have made my life so much easier. Thanks.
    Ok, this needs some serious testing.

Try it with the sites you use and see how it behaves.

You need to install both the ipk AND the patch, or it won't work.
    You also MUST install "Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$&$quot$; $from$ $Preware$.

Once you've installed all pre-reqs, restart your Touchpad.

This may also fix some of the unknown mime type errors from unsecured site, however there is a bug with the PDF reader app that makes it unable to open pdfs without the pdf extension. If this happens, rename the file using Internalz (looking into a better solution for this and the other unknown mime errors)

Update: Now supports basic auth also.

Update 2: Works for file types the browser decides it should handle. This includes patches on this very forum!

Update 3: Properly handles usernames/passwords with special URL characters in them (like @).
    how do you install the ipk?
    First time poster, found this thread while searching for the same problem many have had here. I downloaded the patch and installed it, worked like a charm. Big thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by discr33t View Post
    how do you install the ipk?
    Use WebOS Quick Install, Preware, or Internalz.
    Use WebOS Quick Install, Preware, or Internalz.
    I had problems installing the patch instead..

Had problems getting Internalz to recognize the .patch file. IPK was a breeze though.
    I still get the error after trying to install the patch:

1 out of 6 Hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/....

even though I ran EPR before and removed all patches that were installed on the phone..can anybody please help?
    anyone please help, really need this for uni. i checked the internalz and it seems that the files didd have the right .pdf extention but i still had an error opening it up. same error

plus the patch is not installing i get the 1 out of 6 Hunks failed error
    Update patch for the new webOS version?

getting the 1 of 6 hunks failed error after trying to reinstall the patch. (having removed it prior to updating webOS)
    I'm having an issue installing the patch as well. The ipk installs fine, but I'm getting the same 1 of 6 hunks failed error as everyone else. I just updated to the new webOS version and I'm assuming that the update broke the patch.

To developer: please update the patch, if possible. The ability to download and read PDFs is the only reason why I bought this device.
    I am having the same 1/6 hunks issue, I would gladly donate to help resolve it. I really appreciate you trying to resolve this problem, as it is preventing me from doing the primary tasks for which I purchased the touchpad. You are a true hero for fixing something hp won't touch with a ten foot pole, so thanks for even trying.

-Joseph
    I had this patch working before, but I have not been able to install since the webOS 3.0.4 update.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm still on 3.0.2 and I was getting the 1 out of 6 hunks issue as well. I solved it by removing the Private Browsing patch from Preware, then Gyro's patch installed without issue, and I could download from bspace (University of California, Berkeley) perfectly.

Hope this helps!
    It doesn't really help, given that I removed all patches prior to updating to webOS 3.0.4.

More than likely this patch is failing because the browser files have changed with the update.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast