Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    i installed this and my browser stopped working. it loads up to a white screen and i can't do anything. i want to uninstall it but i get the error, "1 out of 6 hunks FAILED" after it tries to "Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info".

someone please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzagable View Post
    i installed this and my browser stopped working. it loads up to a white screen and i can't do anything. i want to uninstall it but i get the error, "1 out of 6 hunks FAILED" after it tries to "Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info".

someone please help!
    Sounds like a case for EPR:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...overy-epr.html

Did you have any other patches installed?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    Did you look at what is actually being download with Internalz? It may just need to be renamed.
    yeah I looked and nothing gets downloaded. The download manager (in webOS) prompts me to press the download button , but when I do press it, nothing happens. I am using the stock browser.
    I am having the same issue, cannot download docs from blackboard. I found your forum, but I'm unable to open the patch. I get a mime error. Please help
    This dosent seem to work with the latest version of advanced browser v1.1.1
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    Sounds like a case for EPR:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...overy-epr.html

Did you have any other patches installed?
    Wow. I'm a genius. I just thought, 'hey, it would be a good idea to have that EPR app,' and then realized what it was doing... crap. Not sure what to do now. Will read thru EPR thread, unless anyone else knows.
    the patch won't install. I'm opening it in internals pro and when click I click install it comes up with an error that it cannot connect to webOS servers and cannot download AUPT. Other times I try to install it a different error comes up about "garbage was found in the patch input". Anyone else having these issues? I'd really like to get this working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mi.yong View Post
    the patch won't install. I'm opening it in internals pro and when click I click install it comes up with an error that it cannot connect to webOS servers and cannot download AUPT. Other times I try to install it a different error comes up about "garbage was found in the patch input". Anyone else having these issues? I'd really like to get this working.
    Are you trying to download it from the forums on the TouchPad? It won't work - use the email option instead.

Quote Originally Posted by iceteap3 View Post
    This dosent seem to work with the latest version of advanced browser v1.1.1
    Advanced browser is a different app. It can use the service, but the author of that app needs to code support for it.
    Posted another update to the patch. It addresses some issues for filetype that are handled natively by the browser. This includes .patch files on this forum.

What this means is you can finally download patch files and install them without using the email attachment workaround!
    Working great for my blackboard, Thanks!
    GyroJoe,

Could you explain to me (here or in PM) a little about the theory behind how this works? I'm going to be building some services that will need to do some downloading in the near future, and just want to collect some knowledge. Thanks
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    It worked! Well, the work's not done but at least I have access to online documents on secure univ sites now. Thanks, GyroJo!!!! It's not much but I donated $5 to keep this work going.

What I can do now:
    I downloaded a pdf from my uni's online library and elearning site (Sakai) successfully. I was also able to open a pdf document from our course reserves, but I had to rename its extension after it was downloaded to open it in Adobe PDF.

Steps I took to get here: (How to install the fix)
    1. Installed WebOS Quick Install and Preware (see link below for a video and written instructions)
    How To Install Preware On Your HP TouchPad - "Jailbreak" It | BestTechInfo

2. Using Preware, I downloaded "Internalz Pro" to my TP (Use it to change the extension for the downloaded files that Adobe Reader doesn't open correctly*.)

2. Installed the fix by emailing GyroJo's files to myself and downloaded them. (The files are in this forum somewhere)
    File A: com.gyrocode.cookiejar_0.1.0_all.ipk.zip
    File B: securedownload.patch

3. Dragged GyroJo's files into the WebOS Quick Install window and clicked "Install" (with my TP connected to my desktop of course).

4. And Ta DA!!! After I did all this, I was able to open my PDF files from our uni's secure sites.

*To change extension names:
    Open Internalz Pro> Tap of file name > Select "Info" > Tap on name and edit extension to ".pdf" etc.

Hope this helps.
    callennichols likes this.
    any solution to the renaming problem yet? i was out an about trying to get a coupon off of slickdeals that someone needed to see for some stupid reason and it downloaded as a php. I didn't remember the renaming trick and had to find a jpg or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    GyroJoe,

Could you explain to me (here or in PM) a little about the theory behind how this works? I'm going to be building some services that will need to do some downloading in the near future, and just want to collect some knowledge. Thanks
    The browser control in the browser (or other app) stores its' cookies in a sqlite database. The cookie jar service provides direct access to those cookies, which the app would not otherwise have.

The patch for the browser app makes it retrieve the cookies for the current site, and send them along to the download manager. It also tries adding a username/password to the URL if the download fails with an authorization error.

Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    any solution to the renaming problem yet? i was out an about trying to get a coupon off of slickdeals that someone needed to see for some stupid reason and it downloaded as a php. I didn't remember the renaming trick and had to find a jpg or something.
    I have a solution in mind that should work, however I haven't had time to implement it as of yet.
    Thank you so much!

I stumbled on this forum accidentally while trying to find a solution for this problem. It installed without any difficulty.
    For other newbies like myself (touchpad owner for 2 days) Strubury's post was very helpful but I didn't know what he meant by "Web OS Quick Installer" window. A bit of googling and I downloaded the program Web OS quick Installer.

First try downloading a PDF from my employer's Website after the patch it worked!!, previously this was a dealbreaker for me. I was actually looking at used Ipads because of this.

I'm not surprised the Touchpad died a quick and painful death, if you can't have proper support for PDF's then just market it as a toy to 15 year old Facebookers.

Any Idea of a patch for being able to search PDF files for specific words, I regularly deal with 700+ page manuals and they're useless without that.
    I've broken them up into multiple chapters to help and removed the password protection but so far the PDF support on this thing is a joke.

Thanks again!!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks for the patches! I'm still having issues with trying to get my bank statements to download. I've tried Citibank/Citicard and all I get are 0 byte files with a ".do" extension. From my limited understanding I believe that is a Java servlet redirect. Anychance you are a customer and can head over to their website and test?

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnvan View Post
    Thank you so much!

Any Idea of a patch for being able to search PDF files for specific words, I regularly deal with 700+ page manuals and they're useless without that.
    I've broken them up into multiple chapters to help and removed the password protection but so far the PDF support on this thing is a joke.

Thanks again!!
    That function is part of the PDF reader application AND how the PDF was created. If the PDF was created as an image then there's nothing anyone can do about it (this is a general problem and not specific to WebOS). I think the Acrobat reader that's available should have the search function. If not then it's really on Adobe....
    Last edited by just4sc; 09/19/2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by just4sc View Post
    SNIP If the PDF was created as an image then there's nothing anyone can do about it SNIP
    O.C.R.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    O.C.R.
    Yeah...but he's talking about existing PDFs that he's trying to read....
    Last edited by just4sc; 09/19/2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Sir, you are a GENIUS ...... ... Successful download files from blackboard secure site.
    I would like to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Now, if I can find away to use Touchpad to run Visual Studio C++ then I won't need my laptop anymore .

DONATED
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast