Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    I think I figured it out. You just save the files that you listed then add them to the quickinstall window and hit install, right?

I'm sorry, but I'm new to this. How do I install these patches on my TP? I have preware on my TP, so techinically I've used quickinstall before, but I did that by following specific directions on a forum post. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by eag2412; 09/12/2011 at 11:42 AM.
    GyroJoe, thanks for all the fantastic work. I got a reply from arXiv and they want the information provided on 403 Forbidden . This is what is given when they deny access to the pdf file. Did the touchpad actually download the html of the 403 for you? I can't seem to get this information for them. They want the full user agent string and IP (I'm tempted to just tell them the user agent is blank like you say and give them my IP).
    how do you install the patch? Sorry I'm a newb :-)
    THank You for doing this!!

the updated patch worked. i can now download files from Blackboard!!!!

Do you have a donation account? thanks again!!!

Edit: this even works with embedded PDFs within a page. the only thing is having to manually rename the file with a .pdf extension
    Last edited by bb147; 09/12/2011 at 12:51 PM.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    how difficult would it be to add an option to rename the file during download?
    Do you will add this patch to the preware repository?
  7.    #67  
    GyroJoe, consider making a donation account. I think there will be people, that will thank you. I'll also link it in my 1st post.
    If you want to donate, here's a link:

Do not feel obligated to do this. I'm making patches for fun, not for money.

Quote Originally Posted by eag2412 View Post
    I think I figured it out. You just save the files that you listed then add them to the quickinstall window and hit install, right?

I'm sorry, but I'm new to this. How do I install these patches on my TP? I have preware on my TP, so techinically I've used quickinstall before, but I did that by following specific directions on a forum post. Thanks for your help.
    Use Internalz or Web OS Quick Install. If this is too much for you, you may want to wait until it makes it to preware.

Quote Originally Posted by rcross5 View Post
    GyroJoe, thanks for all the fantastic work. I got a reply from arXiv and they want the information provided on 403 Forbidden . This is what is given when they deny access to the pdf file. Did the touchpad actually download the html of the 403 for you? I can't seem to get this information for them. They want the full user agent string and IP (I'm tempted to just tell them the user agent is blank like you say and give them my IP).
    It doesn't save it anywhere unfortunately (and there's no proxy support, so it's hard to save). There is a cookie being sent though, perhaps they can do something with that? (I don't have it offhand, can get it to you later)

Quote Originally Posted by xangamanga View Post
    how do you install the patch? Sorry I'm a newb :-)
    See above, use WOSQI or Internalz.

Quote Originally Posted by boomny View Post
    how difficult would it be to add an option to rename the file during download?
    Not too hard - kind of outside the scope of this patch however. If you are trying to address the issue of missing file extensions, I have an idea on how to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by schlomm View Post
    Do you will add this patch to the preware repository?
    Yes, once we work out the bugs.
    Last edited by GyroJoe; 09/12/2011 at 02:26 PM.
    knownboyofno likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    Use Internalz or Web OS Quick Install. If this is too much for you, you may want to wait until it makes it to preware.

It doesn't save it anywhere unfortunately (and there's no proxy support, so it's hard to save). There is a cookie being sent though, perhaps they can do something with that? (I don't have it offhand, can get it to you later)

See above, use WOSQI or Internalz.

Not too hard - kind of outside the scope of this patch however. If you are trying to address the issue of missing file extensions, I have an idea on how to fix that.

Rename on download would take Internalz out of the equation. Save some time on manually renaming files...
    Thnx a bunch for your hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by boomny View Post
    Rename on download would take Internalz out of the equation. Save some time on manually renaming files...
    Thnx a bunch for your hard work!
    Right, what I'm hoping to do is automatically add the extension when it's missing. You wouldn't have to use Internalz that way to make things work, but you also couldn't give the file a name of your choice.
    alvinet likes this.
    Nice to hear that
    Thanks!
    Right, what I'm hoping to do is automatically add the extension when it's missing. You wouldn't have to use Internalz that way to make things work, but you also couldn't give the file a name of your choice.
    +1 for this, that would be fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    +1 for this, that would be fantastic.
    The same here! I was thinking that this was just crazy that it didn't work without a "patch".
    I am getting a gray log in box when trying to download a file from blackboard. It doesn't accept any name or password wathsoever. Any workaround for this ?
    EVERYTHING WORKS
    Going to donate thanks!
    Last edited by mikebobby; 09/13/2011 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasmancini28 View Post
    I am getting a gray log in box when trying to download a file from blackboard. It doesn't accept any name or password wathsoever. Any workaround for this ?
    The box won't accept your input, or you input it, but it still doesn't download?

What kind of authentication does this site use? Do you login with a web page, or do you get a browser popup? Does your username and/or password contain any special characters (non letters/numbers)? PM me a test account and url if you can.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hi.

Installed and it works fine for google docs. My issue still remains with Blackboard though. I try to download a file and a new window does not pop-up as it does on google docs, instead it downloads the file called RelativeResourceManager (as it did before the patch).

Do you have an idea as to why it isn't affected by the patch?
    +1 for auto-add extension for .pdf files

that would truly make it 100% perfect!

not that it isn't already the best patch out there.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by marc25v View Post
    Hi.

Installed and it works fine for google docs. My issue still remains with Blackboard though. I try to download a file and a new window does not pop-up as it does on google docs, instead it downloads the file called RelativeResourceManager (as it did before the patch).

Do you have an idea as to why it isn't affected by the patch?
    Did you look at what is actually being download with Internalz? It may just need to be renamed.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    This worked great for Sugarsync. I have yet to put it on my GF's touchpad so she can try with her school's blackboard site.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast