Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Bump de bump..
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Latest update: Cookie service is working and being called from the browser.
    excellent news, how do you think a solution will be deployed?
    Will it be a patch that just makes things work as they should or will we have to do something special to download files from secure sites (eg click and hold to bring up a menu option)
    well done with the progress so far and good luck!
    nfajardo likes this.
    There will be two parts - a new service for returning the cookies (delivered as an ipk) and a browser patch to make it use the new service.
    schlomm likes this.
    Woo! It's working in the browser and downloading from Google Docs.
    rcross5 likes this.
    Ok, this needs some serious testing.

Try it with the sites you use and see how it behaves.

You need to install both the ipk AND the patch, or it won't work.
    You also MUST install "Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$&$quot$; $from$ $Preware$.

Once you've installed all pre-reqs, restart your Touchpad.

This may also fix some of the unknown mime type errors from unsecured site, however there is a bug with the PDF reader app that makes it unable to open pdfs without the pdf extension. If this happens, rename the file using Internalz (looking into a better solution for this and the other unknown mime errors)

Update: Now supports basic auth also.

Update 2: Works for file types the browser decides it should handle. This includes patches on this very forum!

Update 3: Properly handles usernames/passwords with special URL characters in them (like @).

Update 4: New version for WebOS 3.0.5 (use securedownload305.patch)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GyroJoe; 01/31/2012 at 05:01 AM.
    Moved IPK to main post.
    Last edited by GyroJoe; 09/11/2011 at 10:49 PM.
    artemonster and hungle84 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    You need to install ... the patch, or it won't work.
    securedownload.patch failed to install.

line 24 of patch:
    - downloadResource: function(inUrl, inMime, parsedUri) {

the corresponding line in my /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs $file$ ($line$ $380$):
    downloadResource: function(inUrl, inMime) {
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwintrobe View Post
    securedownload.patch failed to install.

line 24 of patch:
    - downloadResource: function(inUrl, inMime, parsedUri) {

the corresponding line in my /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs $file$ ($line$ $380$):
    downloadResource: function(inUrl, inMime) {
    couldn't get the patch to install either.

edit: im using this mainly for Blackboard so if it works it would be huge and I'd definitely donate a few $ over to you. My school doesn't have mobile learn enabled unfortunately.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Gonna third that the patch fails to install over webOS quick install.
    Thanks guys. Updated with a new version.
    No dice
    I have to get to bed now, thanks so much for the work you've put into this.
    Can't catch a break today. Third time's (hopefully) the charm.
    That was quick! Patch installed this time. I can download files from moodle!!!
    Buuuuuut no dice on arxiv.org. You can test arxiv.org yourself if you want to play with it, no login needed.

Edit: ok now I'm going to bed
    mark barden likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcross5 View Post
    That was quick! Patch installed this time. I can download files from moodle!!!
    Buuuuuut no dice on arxiv.org. You can test arxiv.org yourself if you want to play with it, no login needed.

Edit: ok now I'm going to bed
    What's moodle?

I did try arxiv.org. There's something else going on with that site. The files download, but for some reason they aren't reported that way in the download list. Look at the download directory with Internalz, you should see them there.

Edit: Well I thought it worked anyway :/ Their server is returning HTTP 403.
    Last edited by GyroJoe; 09/11/2011 at 01:28 AM.
    Tulio Tulio likes this.
    Arxiv.org is failing because there is no user agent in the request. Doesn't appear to be anything in the Download Manager API (hidden or otherwise) to allow this to be specified. Looks like we need HP to fix this one

Can't win them all unfortunately.
    I installed the patch and the app and now my browser's switched from "downloading" a 1B login.php file to Cannot open MIME type. That's got to be progress, right?

I'm trying to get pdfs from japanesepod101.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rcross5 View Post
    Patch installed this time.
    confirmed, patch and IPK installs no error.

sadly did not fix my (admittedly rare usage case) problem:
    - on touchpad open this link: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056...a1009638?query
    - add to paper mache
    - instapaper saves this link instead: http://www.nejm.org/cookieabsent.html

also, is this a similar type of problem? not sure:
    - every link on this page goes to Eloqua redirect and produces "Error Unable to Load Page" message: http://app.aaas-science.org/e/es.asp...36ffc160700336

thanks.
    Hmmm... Looks like the patch/app broke *all* pdf downloads... Not sure if that means anything to you....
  20.    #40  
    Installed. Don't work for me. I'm trying to download files from my university learning portal. If you need some special debugging information, then i can give you my username\pass or you can explain me how to provide this information If you want it, of course.
    And yeah, thank you very much, I hope it fixes the most problems for most people.
    taco36912 likes this.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast