Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
Like Tree54Likes
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Yep, this definitely conflicts with Private Browsing patch.

Had to uninstall, as Private Browsing is more important, and this securedowmload305 is still cludgy with the need to add .pdf in Internalz. Looking forward to a polished product with full functionality!
    Last edited by davidtm; 02/25/2012 at 05:15 PM.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I contacted my University helpdesk to why the blackboard app does not work, and to why I cannot download any files from the site, they said

WebOS does not function correctly due to the browser not being able integrate fully with apps.
    IOS and Android devices both allow full browser integration which is why they function correctly.
    This will be fixed if WebOS is updated to allow full browser integration.
    Would someone do me the solid of providing, or directing me to, step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $1$.$0$.$1$, $and$ $the$ $downloads$ $and$ $patches$ $that$ $proportedly$ $fix$ $the$ $issue$ $addressed$ $in$ $this$ $thread$? $I$ $am$ $not$ $a$ $programmer$, $but$ $I$ $am$ $an$ $advanced$ $user$ $and$ $I$ $can$ $follow$ $detailed$ $directions$. $I$ $love$ $my$ $touchpad$ $and$ $I$ $would$ $love$ $to$ $cut$ $the$ $step$ $of$ $downloading$ $files$ $on$ $my$ $laptop$ $first$, $just$ $to$ $transfer$ $them$ $to$ $my$ $TP$. $Thank$ $you$ $in$ $advance$. $The$ $webOS$ $community$ $is$ $very$ $helpful$.
    Last edited by pastoral77; 03/08/2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Has anyone had experience installing/using this patch with 3.0.5? I'd really like to try it but am curious about whether it will work with 3.0.5 (all the references are to 3.0.4).

Thanx.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Yep, this definitely conflicts with Private Browsing patch.

Had to uninstall, as Private Browsing is more important, and this securedowmload305 is still cludgy with the need to add .pdf in Internalz. Looking forward to a polished product with full functionality!

had to uninstall private browsing to get it to install. I tried to reinstall private browsing afterwards but no luck :-(

no conflict with most other browser patches though!

thanks! I've needed this for a while!
    Quote Originally Posted by chriswillis View Post

had to uninstall private browsing to get it to install. I tried to reinstall private browsing afterwards but no luck :-(

no conflict with most other browser patches though!

thanks! I've needed this for a while!
    I uninstalled as it simply did not work for me, I could not access my universities blackboard site.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot it works now on D2L learning site. Go to Print/Download on your course site and click on the module you want it opens in other window....
    Just tried this and it didn't work on my school's blackboard site. When i tried to download a file, it did tell me that i needed a username and password. I put them in, but the same thing happened as without the patch. The download bar came up, and instantly stopped.
    this knocks out all the mime handling for me
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    Ok, this needs some serious testing.

Try it with the sites you use and see how it behaves.

You need to install both the ipk AND the patch, or it won't work.
    You also MUST install "Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$&$quot$; $from$ $Preware$.

Once you've installed all pre-reqs, restart your Touchpad.

This may also fix some of the unknown mime type errors from unsecured site, however there is a bug with the PDF reader app that makes it unable to open pdfs without the pdf extension. If this happens, rename the file using Internalz (looking into a better solution for this and the other unknown mime errors)

Update: Now supports basic auth also.

Update 2: Works for file types the browser decides it should handle. This includes patches on this very forum!

Update 3: Properly handles usernames/passwords with special URL characters in them (like @).

Update 4: New version for WebOS 3.0.5 (use securedownload305.patch)
    How can install the securedownload305.patch?
    How can install the securedownload305.patch?
    Use WebOSQuickinstalller or Preware/Internalz?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    Ok, this needs some serious testing.

Try it with the sites you use and see how it behaves.

You need to install both the ipk AND the patch, or it won't work.
    You also MUST install "Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$&$quot$; $from$ $Preware$.

Once you've installed all pre-reqs, restart your Touchpad.

This may also fix some of the unknown mime type errors from unsecured site, however there is a bug with the PDF reader app that makes it unable to open pdfs without the pdf extension. If this happens, rename the file using Internalz (looking into a better solution for this and the other unknown mime errors)

Update: Now supports basic auth also.

Update 2: Works for file types the browser decides it should handle. This includes patches on this very forum!

Update 3: Properly handles usernames/passwords with special URL characters in them (like @).

Update 4: New version for WebOS 3.0.5 (use securedownload305.patch)

It sounds good!!! Any chance for the Pre 3???

Thanks in advance!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    It sounds good!!! Any chance for the Pre 3???

Thanks in advance!!!
    I would love this on a Pre3 too and happy to test if required...

Vas
    thanks!111
    oke.i searched all...cannot open mim type either..and i tryed to get the "doctor"aplication...but ofc can't open that either..Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    excellent news, how do you think a solution will be deployed?
    Will it be a patch that just makes things work as they should or will we have to do something special to download files from secure sites (eg click and hold to bring up a menu option)
    well done with the progress so far and good luck!
    thank u
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415