Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by urgetopurge View Post
    I tried installing the patch with internalz.
    I got this error
    patch unexpectedly ends in the middle of the line
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: onyl garbage was found in patch input
    Email it to yourself with the email attachment link next to the patch.
    When you install it will reset Luna so the change is picked up. This is expected and not a full reboot.
    manage to install both ipk and patch, im on 3.0.5, doesn't work on both native browser or advanced browser. im still unable to download from my school's blackboard, any advise?

EDIT: after reinstalling ipk and rebooting. i manage to download from blackboard using native webOS browser!

Still not the case for advanced browser though!
    Last edited by chewz; 02/03/2012 at 11:53 PM.
    Installed both ipk and 305patch. Restarted TP with no results. I can download files like forms from IRS website but I'm not able to download from sites that need passwords to get the files. It basically shows the file and when I hit download nothing happens. Also, in Internalz I don't see the file.
    Is there something missing or doing something wrong?
    Advanced browser is a totally different app. Contact the author if you want it to be supported there.

Make sure you have the homebrew jsjsjs $service$ $installed$.
    Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $1$.$0$.$1$ $is$ $installed$.

Thank you for looking into it.
    Hello!!!
    It works fine for me.
    Many thanks.
    WebOS forever!!!
    It's possible the site you are trying just won't work due to limitations in the way the download manager works.

If you know how to use novaterm you can try sending commands to the cookie service to verify it is up and listening.
    I have not used novaterm.
    I have accessed the site before with the previous patches. Now it will not do anything, including not listing the downloaded file on Internalz.
    On the other hand, it works using Opera Mini.
    Thank you anyway for your help. It is much appreciated for a novice.
    This doesn't seem to be working for me.

I have installed everything correctly, when try to open a pdf i no longer get a message about mime type, but i still fail to open the document.

Now the adobe reader opens, but I am told that: an error has occurred with this file

The document I am trying to open is the crusader kings II manual, available here:

Crusader Kings II - Manual

Would anyone mind seeing if they can open it, and let me know what I am doing wrong.

When I download the file on my computer it appears in my downloads folder as,

PDX7605US_CK II_Onlinemanual(1).pdf

but on the touchpad, it is called attachment_1.php

why is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by 0zymandias View Post
    This doesn't seem to be working for me.

I have installed everything correctly, when try to open a pdf i no longer get a message about mime type, but i still fail to open the document.

Now the adobe reader opens, but I am told that: an error has occurred with this file

The document I am trying to open is the crusader kings II manual, available here:

Crusader Kings II - Manual

Would anyone mind seeing if they can open it, and let me know what I am doing wrong.

When I download the file on my computer it appears in my downloads folder as,

PDX7605US_CK II_Onlinemanual(1).pdf

but on the touchpad, it is called attachment_1.php

why is this?
    Ozymandias,

Change the extension .php into .pdf in Internalz. It worked for me.
    Yeah, that doesn't har to do with he patch but how certain sites and the TP browser interact with downloads.
    That's the renaming problem. The silly thing is the mimetype gets passed properly to the PDF viewer but it still refuses to open it.
    I installed the IPK but when I install the patch i get the error:
    1 of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Any chance a version of this for phones could be made (pre 3 for me)
    Last edited by kel101; 02/19/2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Possibly, but I don't have access to a Pre 3. Send the rejects file to me in a pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    Possibly, but I don't have access to a Pre 3. Send the rejects file to me in a pm.
    when i search that folder for the file its not there.. :/
    What webOS version is the pre 3 running?
    What webOS version is the pre 3 running?

Any ideas about the touchpad issue? As I cannot find the reject files?
    Its probably getting deleted when the patch fails. Make sure you don't have any other browser patches installed.
    Its probably getting deleted when the patch fails. Make sure you don't have any other browser patches installed.
    I did EPR and installed, It was the private browsing patch that seemed to clash with it.

Installed and logged into my University's blackboard site but was still unable to download files, it does however ask me for my username and password when I try to download a file, however it fails like it did prepatch