Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    Looks like a bug, walks like a bug, acts like... You get the idea. If it's unintentional, it is a bug. If it's not, it is a design flaw. To most users, it doesn't matter. It's a common task that a user might need to be able to perform, so 'it' needs to be fixed.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/30/2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Looks like a bug, walks like a bug, acts like... You get the idea. If it's unintentional, it is a bug. If it's a not, it is a design flaw. To most users, it doesn't matter. It's a common task that a user might need to be able to perform, so 'it' needs to be fixed.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    its a design flaw basically.
    Well, things would improve a bit with the simple inclusion of a user agent string.

Solving the POST problem is a bit more difficult granted.

Update - just posted the version for 3.0.5, still seems to work as before. No update on the renaming issue.
    The problem I'm having is that when I install this using quick install, the touchpad restarts itself and I still have trouble downloading docs.

I open quick install, drag the 3.0.5 patch into it, and click install. My TP automatically restarts afterwards. I even tried dragging both the 3.0.5 patch AND the app cookie jar, but it doesn't work.

When I open up my apps, theres the Cookie Jar app icon but I click it and only a white empty app appears.

Do you know waht hte problem is?

EDIT:
    I have actually been looking for this fix for a few months but TODAY is the first day I found this post. And coicidentally, its the same day you release the update. Could there be something wrong with it?
    Last edited by urgetopurge; 01/31/2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Did you install the homebrew JSJSJS $service$ $framework$ $from$ $Preware$? $That$'$s$ $required$ $for$ $cookiejar$ $to$ $work$. ($it$ $being$ $a$ $blank$ $screen$ $is$ $expected$ $right$ $now$, $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $do$ $anything$ $other$ $than$ $run$ $a$ $service$)
    yes i believe so, im sure i dl'd it when i put a few other patches on that require it.
    veresion 1.0.1?
    I get an error when trying to apply the patch

it says 1 out of 6 hunks failed
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    Well, things would improve a bit with the simple inclusion of a user agent string.

Solving the POST problem is a bit more difficult granted.

Update - just posted the version for 3.0.5, still seems to work as before. No update on the renaming issue.
    Ok, I think I'm going blind; where did you post the 3.0.5 update exactly? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by lukecs View Post
    I get an error when trying to apply the patch

it says 1 out of 6 hunks failed
    im getting the same error as lukecs
    Make sure you are using the 305 version for 3.0.5. Its in the post in page 2. If you have any other browser patches installed, try removing them.
    thanks gyrojoe. removing other browser patches fixed the issue of it not being able to install.
    Thanks GyroJoe! It works like a charm!
    Hmm...still not working for me. It either locks the browser, or just doesn't DL the file.

Tried from two personal sites I use (media server and my ebook server) with similar results. Media server just locks and doesn't DL a valid file. Book server pops up a window to reenter my name and password, but then doesn't DL the epub.

I don't think I have any other browser patches installed...is there a way I can check?
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    Hmm...still not working for me. It either locks the browser, or just doesn't DL the file.

Tried from two personal sites I use (media server and my ebook server) with similar results. Media server just locks and doesn't DL a valid file. Book server pops up a window to reenter my name and password, but then doesn't DL the epub.

I don't think I have any other browser patches installed...is there a way I can check?
    Use Preware or quick install to check for patches and look under Browser.
    Nope - just that one.

Thanks for telling me where to look.
    Just checked in and found the 3.0.5 update. Very cool, thanks. It loaded just fine for me. Getting my daughter to test her school web site after she finishes eating. Fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by urgetopurge View Post
    The problem I'm having is that when I install this using quick install, the touchpad restarts itself and I still have trouble downloading docs.
    I have two touchpads... after removing all plugins I can get the patch to work on one of the touch pads... the other has this problem... it restarts when the patch is being applied and although the patch appears to be installed... it doesn't work properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukecs View Post
    I have two touchpads... after removing all plugins I can get the patch to work on one of the touch pads... the other has this problem... it restarts when the patch is being applied and although the patch appears to be installed... it doesn't work properly.
    right after the patch305 is installed, it restarts for me. and in preware, i can see that its been installed, but the icon is a different from all the other patches that have been installed successfully, not to mention that its only like 16 bytes (or kb i forget but small) in size.

heres the list of patches i have installed.
    lets cross reference to see which one is causing the problem:

ad blocker --
    add download link --
    custom browser gestures --
    faster card animations
    quiet powered messages
    remove dropped packet logging
    remove tap ripple
    securedownload305**
    unset cfqio scheduler
    unthrottle download manager --

personally, i think it may be the custom browser gestures

EDIT: I started by uninstalling each of the patches marked with -- one by one.
    i would uninstall one, uninstall the patch305 (from gyrojoe), restart, open up WOSQI, install the patch305, watch my touchpad restart.

go back and unisntall the next one, uninstall patch305, restart, open up WOSQI, install the patch305, watch my touchpad restart,

etc etc etc. after uninstalling each of those 4 patches, and then reinstalling the 305patch, my touchpad kept restarting. so i dont believe its any of those 4 that causes the restart which i believed, if anythign was the cause of it, it would be a patch that fixed the browser, but alas its not.

EDIT 2: I decieded to unisntall ALL The remaining patches and then install patch305. Still no sucess.
    Last edited by urgetopurge; 02/02/2012 at 01:15 AM.
    I decided to do a reset with WebOS doctor. After the reset was completed I installed only what was required to install the patch. The touchpad still rebooted after the patch was applied. Yet it does work now.
    I tried installing the patch with internalz.
    I got this error
    patch unexpectedly ends in the middle of the line
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: onyl garbage was found in patch input