Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    My daughter misses this patch more than anything else since the 3.0.4 WebOS upgrade as she can no longer do all her schoolwork on the touchpad which she had been enjoying with 3.0.2.
    Same for me, can't download anything from my school website which is really annoying.
    Gyrojoe, where did you go?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zloetakoe View Post
    Gyrojoe, where did you go?!??!!
    Crap...so there still isn't an updated work-around on this issue. Phooey.
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    Nope, 'cause I had not seen that thread. This one works with the current OS version, then?

Thanks! I'll check into this more at home.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    is hp even aware about this issue of unable to download anything off secure websites like blackboard? this is the most annoying part about touchpad...
    Yes, but it requires writing a big giant security hole in the system to fix. Someone on the public dev forums did say once it was something that was being worked on

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Is there any patch for webOS 2.x devices like Pre3?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    did the exact instructions for the 3.04 update still doesnt work..
    Sorry for my disappearance guys, I had kind of stopped using my touchpad for a while. Back up and running now however.

I take it this needs updated to 3.0.5?
    I'll also take a look to see if HP added anything to the download manager in new releases.

Update: Looks like nothing new really for download manager (seems to check for lack of free space now). Browser code is also largely unchanged.
    Last edited by GyroJoe; 01/15/2012 at 06:08 AM.
    knownboyofno, Dogma and tehcrow like this.
  12.    #232  
    does it really work in 3.0.5 - will try today.
    It's broken again (after 3.0.5). I had it fixed in 3.0.3, but never got it going again in 3.0.4. Any one figure it out since the newest release?
    The patch itself will need to be updated with the correct line numbers. Assuming the cookie service still works.
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    The patch itself will need to be updated with the correct line numbers. Assuming the cookie service still works.
    Can you do this, please?
    I would love for this patch to work with 3.05. Are you planing on doing this? Thank you so much.
    I will when I have a chance.
    Update: Looks like nothing new really for download manager (seems to check for lack of free space now). Browser code is also largely unchanged.
    While I really, really appreciate your work with this patch, does anyone know if anyone over at HP or in the open source community actually has a plan to address this issue within the stock browser?

Right now, when the patch is up-to-date, it gets the job done, but it sure would be nice to have something within the stock OS that does it, and I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    While I really, really appreciate your work with this patch, does anyone know if anyone over at HP or in the open source community actually has a plan to address this issue within the stock browser?

Right now, when the patch is up-to-date, it gets the job done, but it sure would be nice to have something within the stock OS that does it, and I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.
    I absolutely agree. This is a serious shortcoming I would love to see this browser overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post

It isn't a "bug" but a byproduct of a security framework.