Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineArch View Post
    did you remember to install cookiejar too besides the patch? look back a few pages to find it.
    Yep, unless there's a new version of cookie jar?
    To those that have gotten it working: how exactly did you install it?

I tried to install it via WebOSQuickInstall and the device restarts towards the end of the installation, but it does change the behavior of the device when I download files from Moodle. It will only download 266 Bytes instead of hundreds of kilobytes or even megabytes.

A working fix would be VERY much appreciated, I NEED to be able to download pdfs and ppt files from Moodle for school. That is the reason why I bought the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by IVIax94 View Post
    To those that have gotten it working: how exactly did you install it?

I tried to install it via WebOSQuickInstall and the device restarts towards the end of the installation, but it does change the behavior of the device when I download files from Moodle. It will only download 266 Bytes instead of hundreds of kilobytes or even megabytes.

A working fix would be VERY much appreciated, I NEED to be able to download pdfs and ppt files from Moodle for school. That is the reason why I bought the TouchPad.
    Then it likely didn't change the behavior and you're just downloading a login page.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM View Post
    I would be in to pay for this also. I use Blackboard programs at the university I work for and I cannot download files from the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by newcultking View Post
    Can't you use advanced browser?
    This has probably been answered, but it bears repeating.

Blackboard is one of the worst offenders. an Advanced browser is no better than the stock one.

Here's hoping that patch works. I'd pay for a working patch...
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    This has probably been answered, but it bears repeating.

Blackboard is one of the worst offenders. an Advanced browser is no better than the stock one.

Here's hoping that patch works. I'd pay for a working patch...
    Blackboard isn't doing anything wrong. Their downloads are secured. The offender is the touchpad, because it drops cookies when accessing your secure download. Rendering your session invalid, and your file null. This is why we're looking to patch the touchpad and not blackboard :P.

But yes, advanced browser is essentially a reskin of the default, and not any better on the backend.
    Patch won't install via email attachment or WOSQI 4.3.1

And yes, I do have DEV mode on!

Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    Patch won't install via email attachment or WOSQI 4.3.1

And yes, I do have DEV mode on!
    Are you using the new patch that installs but doesn't work?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3220339

I'm thinking we should probably just start a new thread.
    Last edited by Aredon; 10/30/2011 at 10:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    Blackboard isn't doing anything wrong. Their downloads are secured. The offender is the touchpad, because it drops cookies when accessing your secure download. Rendering your session invalid, and your file null. This is why we're looking to patch the touchpad and not blackboard :P.

But yes, advanced browser is essentially a reskin of the default, and not any better on the backend.
    OK - I get that. But the fact is that it's one of the most important that it work.

BTW- Bb doesn't work on my Asus transformer either. but does work on my iPad.

So I said I was giving up on this, but other issues with the 3.0.4 (muffled sound, accelerometer) update made me doctor back to 3.0.2 and I thought I would try it again and this time installing the patch worked!

The only difference compared to the last time I doctored was that I also uninstalled the latest version of Adobe reader and went back to 10.3.31 (since most of my files wouldn't open properly with the updated adobe).

Basically I'm back to where I was 2 weeks ago, no updates, but at everything works so I am happy. I know using the doctor to roll back to 3.0.2 is not the solution most people want so they can download from sites like blackboard, but if it's one of the main uses of the TP for you (like it is for me) I think it's more worth it than the update.
    Since the main post hasn't been updated. I somewhat fear this issue isn't getting enough attention. I'll be starting a new thread tonight or tomorrow, and hopefully we can get a fix soon.
    Thanks Aredon, please post the link here, and I will chime in on the new thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...s-3-0-4-a.html

new thread, fingers crossed for a dev!
    I still have the "1 of 6 hunks failed" message. I don't have any other patches installed and tried EPR. Any help?
  14.    #214  
    Use WebOS doctor. Then install a preware and cookiejar on a fresh system. then apply the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by artemonster View Post
    Use WebOS doctor. Then install a preware and cookiejar on a fresh system. then apply the patch.
    I already did that, as I said in the other thread when you made that suggestion artemonster. That simply doesn't work, but by all means... please prove me wrong:http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3237225
    Last edited by Aredon; 11/06/2011 at 03:13 PM.
    I'm going to guess that you're the guy that popped into the #webos developer chat and complained about it for a while, too?

Technically, it's not a "bug" because that's how the system is designed. The download process cannot use the permissions of another app to do things.

I've heard a rumor, though, that creating a way around that is something that is being worked on for the future.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    any change I can get this for my palm pre plus 1.4.5,and any change I canget one that stops the plyer from playing mp4 and just let me download it, yes I know there is an app for that but I and not from USA so I cant buy it from the catalog no matter how much I want it
    Last edited by ghostjb; 11/17/2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: put some mad faces bay mistake post from my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostjb View Post
    any change I can get this for my palm pre plus 1.4.5,and any change I canget one that stops the plyer from playing mp4 and just let me download it, yes I know there is an app for that but I and not from USA so I cant buy it from the catalog no matter how much I want it
    my pc stopped working some days ago so I cant download anything from it only my pre for everything!
    sorry guys, I'm totally unexperieced about tablets. I would like to install the patch but I cannot download it. I
    I still have the mime error when Itry to download it from the link GyroJoe posted before. How am I supposed to do. I cannot download almost anything, not even my e-mail attachment. Pkease help me!!
    I'm in for 10, if it means I can download PDFs from secure websites, its driving me nuts, I have my RSS feed for various medical journals set up but can downloads any journal articles.