Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadmd1203 View Post
    Awwesome. Just found this site since getting my touchpad this past week as gift. I appreciate all the work that you are doing. Could be something only on my end, but as a heads up...I am updated to 3.0.4 and getting the following message:

Error
    --------------------------
    Patch installation failed.
    patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch:****Only garbage was found in the patch input.
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch:****Only garbage was found in the patch input.

Def. willing to donate to move this forward.
    How did you try to apply the .patch. If I had to guess you may have been trying via Internalz pro and forgot about http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...tachments.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'd be willing to take a look at updating the patch. Is the one at http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3146709 the most recent one?
    Thank you for putting out the updated patch, just made a donation
    Thanks for editing the patch. Your work is very much appreciated.

I am having a small problem though. When I download something from blackboard it requests a login and a password. I put the same login and password that I use for blackboard, but the touchpad does not seem to accept that and still refuses to let me download the pdf. Does anyone know any way to resolve this issue for me?
    Hi everyone. I installed via Internalz both the cookiejar and the patch and I manage now to initiate the download (I can see the gray download progress bar) but nothing happens in the end. I have been waiting for about 20 minutes now and the progress bar does not move..... The site I am trialing on is Flinders University in Adelaide South Australia, and I am using the FLO (Flinders Online) library in this test.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by florinadelaide; 10/23/2011 at 05:00 AM.
    How did you try to apply the .patch. If I had to guess you may have been trying via Internalz pro and forgot about http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...tachments.html
    Thanks! That worked! I didn't notice those prior instructions. Unfortunately, the patch didn't open my schools websites. Documents open within the frame or should pop up to allow you to download. But no luck. Sigh
    here's the .patch for 3.0.4
    hmm just applied this with quick install and the download behavior doesn't seem to have changed from the standard problem. This was working with the old patch so I'm not really sure what's going on there.

I'll try a device restart and see what happens, but at this time it doesn't seem to be working.

Edit: confirmed, not working like the old one did. :/
    Everybody seems to have a different issue.

I got the 3.04 version patch downloaded the same way I got it to work before the update, but it seems like the patch has no effect and it downloads the file and just has an error message like before any patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mi.yong View Post
    Everybody seems to have a different issue.

I got the 3.04 version patch downloaded the same way I got it to work before the update, but it seems like the patch has no effect and it downloads the file and just has an error message like before any patch.
    Nah that pretty much describes my issue as well. Although I think with the patch I'm actually seeing the correct file name while its downloading, but once it's complete its back to being gibberish with no file type.

Edit: never mind, no change whatsoever :/
    Last edited by Aredon; 10/29/2011 at 11:34 AM.
    Same here, I am still willing to pitch in five bucks if I am able to download documents from blackboard and article databases requiring secure downloads. Thanks gyro and Robitaile for looking into this issue.

-Joseph
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am trying to download pdfs from fasb.org.
    FASB: Financial Accounting Standards Board

Previously I was getting the mime type error. I installed the patch so now adobe opens but it says an error has occurred with this file.
    If I change the ending to .pdf using internalz then it opens fine.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    my problem is exactly the Same , but the only thing differing is that my file is already saved In PDF format, its also a get small files only a few KB while the PDF is 2MB. I can open this file if I Change the ending of the .PDF to anything. The touchpad text editor opens it and it seems that the touchpad the Redirection of page command. Is there anyway I can get the Actual PDF I'm trying to download

I'm downloading from blackboard by the way
  12.    #192  
    strange, i keep getting errors like:
    1 out 6 hunks failed, saving rejects to blabhbla/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$
    i've tried to look up this folder by internalz - no dir called browser - is it hidden?
    I need some assistance. I try installing patch through Internalz and I keep get "patch installation Fail." something " 12 out 12 hunks ignored" "5 out of hunks ingored"

and is cookiejar suppose to have all white screen when you open it cause that is what I got??

Does this work on touchpad??

Thank you
    however, the browser still cannot download any pdfs from arxiv.org... I wonder if anyone can make a fix that too?
    bump for justice!
    I'm pretty close to just doctoring to 3.0.2 to have this functionality back. Not being able to download homework assignments while I'm sitting in class is a real pain. Is anyone working on fixing this patch? :/

Keep in mind I recently doctored to 3.0.4, and this patch is still not working properly.
    Last edited by Aredon; 10/28/2011 at 12:50 PM.
    I just doctored to 3.0.2 to try and get this patch working again, but it wouldn`t install. Not sure what is going on, I`m giving up trying to work this out for now (too many exams).

Good luck getting this patch working again!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Just chimming in for a working patch here.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Just chimming in for a working patch here.
    how is that possible when I doctored and installed it? Definitely not working for me... Could you give more detail on what is working for you? What version of WebOS are you running, what other patches do you have installed, where are you downloading the files to actually test the patch?
    Last edited by Aredon; 10/29/2011 at 11:31 AM.
    did you remember to install cookiejar too besides the patch? look back a few pages to find it.