Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Frighten
  1.    #1  
    Please dear god someone make a patch to block the youtube playlist from appearing in the browser, it is so annoying and laggy looking when you are navigating through pages. On desktops you can block it using ad blockers, but ad block and max block do not block it unfortunately.

I'd appreciate it if someone could make a simple patch to block it, or whoever manages ad block and max block to add it to their block lists (which is unlikely since maybe some people like the playlist?).

Youtube Queue Bar And How To Remove It

There is an example of what needs to be blocked, nothing too hard! Please someone make this
    geekpeter likes this.
  2.    #2  
    It appears all you would need to do is add:

127.0.0.1 youtube.com##DIV#quicklist-tray
    127.0.0.1 youtube.com##DIV#quicklist-bar
    127.0.0.1 youtube.com##DIV#quicklist-bar-container

to /etc/hosts to block the playlist bar completely. I'm familiar with linux and editing the hosts file, and I tried doing it through quick install but had no success. Could open a terminal fine, mount the drive fine, but vi seems to be wonky for editing anything in webOS compared to vi on other platforms. None of the insert or navigation keys wanted to work for me. So I tried being slick and transferred the hosts file off, edited it, and tried uploading it back to the Touchpad but it wouldn't take it (presumably because the file existed, I don't really know).

Obviously I am a webOS newb, any help with this would be appreciated!
    This is why applying/updating Max Blocker does not work for you. Try not to hurt yourself if you don't understand what you are doing.

Freebie Advice: That syntax for /etc/hosts does not work. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Frighten View Post
    It appears all you would need to do is add:

127.0.0.1 youtube.com##DIV#quicklist-tray
    127.0.0.1 youtube.com##DIV#quicklist-bar
    127.0.0.1 youtube.com##DIV#quicklist-bar-container

to /etc/hosts to block the playlist bar completely. I'm familiar with linux and editing the hosts file, and I tried doing it through quick install but had no success. Could open a terminal fine, mount the drive fine, but vi seems to be wonky for editing anything in webOS compared to vi on other platforms. None of the insert or navigation keys wanted to work for me. So I tried being slick and transferred the hosts file off, edited it, and tried uploading it back to the Touchpad but it wouldn't take it (presumably because the file existed, I don't really know).

Obviously I am a webOS newb, any help with this would be appreciated!
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    I would really love for a patch of some sort or even just some instructions on how to get rid of the bar on my touchpad. Bump!