Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jason Robitaille
  1.    #1  
    Will there be any patches available or in development for webOS 2.2.x?
    Quote Originally Posted by charles1128 View Post
    Will there be any patches available or in development for webOS 2.2.x?
    I think it's best to wait for the availablilty of a WebOsDoctor for the pre3, before installing patches !
    I've successfully installed these patches on my UK EU Pre 3. No problems or issues to note going on day two after completing installation.
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon_2.1.0-20_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-enable-usb-passthrough_2.1.0-19_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-more-standby-times_2.1.0-33_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-charging-alert-vibrate-only_2.1.0-16_all.ipk

The following patches produce errors and fail to install.
    org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-remove-video-pause-on-minimize_2.1.0-39_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-video-downloads---no-truncating_2.1.0-3_all.ipk

Pretty much anything to do with video fails.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I've successfully installed these patches on my UK EU Pre 3. No problems or issues to note going on day two after completing installation.
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon_2.1.0-20_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-enable-usb-passthrough_2.1.0-19_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-more-standby-times_2.1.0-33_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-charging-alert-vibrate-only_2.1.0-16_all.ipk

The following patches produce errors and fail to install.
    org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-remove-video-pause-on-minimize_2.1.0-39_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-video-downloads---no-truncating_2.1.0-3_all.ipk

Pretty much anything to do with video fails.
    How did you install patches? I got a load going but then updated the system and stupidly did not save my patches...now they won't appear in Preware. I have no idea how I got them to appear in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    How did you install patches? I got a load going but then updated the system and stupidly did not save my patches...now they won't appear in Preware. I have no idea how I got them to appear in the first place.
    Get WebOS Quick Install and then download some patches from these forums, or this index (I can't find the prettier index right now) and install them through webOS Quick Install once your Pre has developer mode on (webos20090606 in Just Type).
    All of my patches will be updated for webOS 2.2.0
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    pimonserry and tdkeaveny like this.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    sconix has updated his patches for the Pre3. Now showing 14 patches available.
    I had a problem with one patch "advanced-system-menus-framework". I was trying to install it from Prewere but it failed.
    Here's a log:
    Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    45 24646 45 11285 0 0 3103 0 0:00:07 0:00:03 0:00:04 4289
    100 24646 100 24646 0 0 6277 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 8437
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":9, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":9 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-menus-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.