1.    #1  
    Hello everyone. I recently installed preware today on my touchpad and started to download patches to make the webos experience better. All was good until I installed a app called advance reset options. Gave me a error about not being able to install right. No big deal I thought. But when I hit my power button to shut down my touchpad a grayed out box is all that appeared! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh below is a link of what the issue looks like. Unknown_2011-26-08_204046 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    I don't have a touch pad but on the pre there is a patch called emergency patch recovery or something like that that removes all patches and puts things back as they were.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    I don't have a touch pad but on the pre there is a patch called emergency patch recovery or something like that that removes all patches and puts things back as they were.
    Thanks for the suggestion japomani, but that still didn't work. I even uninstalled everything on preware and it still shows a gray box with nothing inside. Any other ideas? Thanks.
    You might need to take your TouchPad in to the webOSDoctor found HERE
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Sounds like part of the patch was installed. I had something like this (same type of power patch) happen with my phone. Unfortunately I ended up having to doctor the phone to stock. I'm sure there maybe another way.

You could try in Preware Linux applications> all> emergency reconstruction utility.

I don't know if it will work, but its worth a try!

Good luck!
  6.    #6  
    Thank you guys! The doctor worked like a charm. I have my power option again!
    you can always power off from the System Info app.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you can always power off from the System Info app.
    Very true. But sometimes it's just more convenient to just hold the power button and shut down rather then to go into system info.