Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    The attached patch is done on request of PreCentral's Adam Marks. It's untested, but should theoretically work to reduce the minimum brightness slider in the Screen & Lock app from 10% to 1%.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Awesome! Works perfectly.

Note to people, this only reduces the brightness from the Screen & Lock app. The brightness slider in the device menu is not changed by this patch!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I'm getting errors when installing. Says something like stops in the middle of a line and only garbage in the input.
    I ran into the same error when attempting to install via Internalized Pro. I know whatever it is Jason will figure it out!
  5.    #5  
    The patch is fine. You guys are probably new to the forum, so I'll bring up this notice once again: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...tachments.html

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

figured out if you use the email attachment, then download the email patch... Then use internalized it will work (at least this approach has worked on my last two patches) thanks again Jason for another quality patch!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Awesome. Much easier to read in bed without waking the missus.
    HTC HD7 > HTC Mozart > Apple iPhone 4> Blackberry 9000 - HTC Desire > HTC Touch Diamond 2 < Nokia N95-3

Scored a Touchpad 32GB - Keen to see development in that space!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Awesome! Works perfectly.

Note to people, this only reduces the brightness from the Screen & Lock app. The brightness slider in the device menu is not changed by this patch!
    It worked for me with the device menu, on the first try. I didn't even open screen and lock, just checked the device menu and then went into screen and lock and it was the same super low brightness setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowZephyr View Post
    It worked for me with the device menu, on the first try. I didn't even open screen and lock, just checked the device menu and then went into screen and lock and it was the same super low brightness setting.
    odd, only works in the screen and lock app for me as well.

anything special that has to be done to get it to work on the device menu slider?

thanks for the great patch btw!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by colmiak View Post
    odd, only works in the screen and lock app for me as well.

anything special that has to be done to get it to work on the device menu slider?

thanks for the great patch btw!
    patch specifically is for the Screen & Lock app and nothing more. The device menu is hardcoded in LunaSysMgr and not patchable in webOS 3.x

awesome patch, even lowered right down any webpages i read with a solid white background are still perfectly readable/visible.
    Any chance we could get a dark adapted version? Light wavelengths above 640nm long don't set off photonic Zeitgebers that tell your body to stay awake.

"Dark adapted" software turns the computer screen red, so one can still read books in the dark without accidentally keeping themselves up longer by activating their zeitgebers. Pilots and astronomers use this to keep their vision sharp but still read instruments, etc.

Usually, this is implemented by messing with the gamma crontrols, but you can also hack it by having a full-screen red translucent application window that the user can click through but otherwise floats on top of everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by indolering View Post
    Any chance we could get a dark adapted version? Light wavelengths above 640nm long don't set off photonic Zeitgebers that tell your body to stay awake.

"Dark adapted" software turns the computer screen red, so one can still read books in the dark without accidentally keeping themselves up longer by activating their zeitgebers. Pilots and astronomers use this to keep their vision sharp but still read instruments, etc.

Usually, this is implemented by messing with the gamma crontrols, but you can also hack it by having a full-screen red translucent application window that the user can click through but otherwise floats on top of everything else.
    This sounds cool! Maybe this could be triggered when the brightness slider is set to zero.
    I wish it were a little easier to fine tune it from that slider. *I kind of love LCARS-Clock at minimum brightness. *In the darkness, it looks ... Just.. Inexplicably awesome.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    When I fine tune that slider,I find it easier to control by pressing down on it, then I slide my finger up, out of the way so I can see the "ball", and then move it to where I want
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    patch specifically is for the Screen & Lock app and nothing more. The device menu is hardcoded in LunaSysMgr and not patchable in webOS 3.x
    I made a patch which enables this function with the normal brightness slider of the systemmenu. So no need to use the Screen & Lock app anymore.

There is one small glitch: when dragging the slider it jumps back and forth a bit. But it's working like charm for me.

Edit: Tested and working with 3.0.2, 3.0.3, 3.0.4
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dodnet; 10/19/2011 at 02:20 AM.
    I would like to test this patch, but think the file is incomplete/ broken since it ends at line 16 with an open "("
    Could anybody look into it, please?
    The patch is fine, I tested it yesterday. The code inside is incomplete of course, because this patch only changes one line (the line with - is replaced by the one with +).
    Thank you for the answer. In this case I must did something wrong, because I did get an error during installation (Sorry, no details here, but I have a screen-shot at home).

Am I supposed to remove the original patch first, or is this a patch for the patch?
    It's a different patch, you can install both. The patch in the first post modifies the brightness slider in the Screen & Lock app. My patch modifies the brightness slider in the system menu itself.
    Please try to download it from a PC, or use the Email Attachment option, there are some problems with downloading from the TP Browser.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast