Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    bump. This is probably my BIGGEST annoyance with WebOS. This would be the best patch ever.
    +1 this would be great
    Would love this as well. One of the biggest differences between browsing on my iPad and the Touchpad is this annoyance.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfun View Post
    the whole scrolling and bouncing is happening in a .so-file. so there is no easy way to fix it there
    so far I tried to catch the mouse-events (mousedown, mousemove,..) before they get to the object and to modify them but the only results so far are either no scrolling at all or far more weird bouncing and scrolling..

but i keep trying
    Yea - seems like this is being done natively, instead of through JavaScript.

I'm wondering if we could do something like disable left/right scroll when the viewport is not scrollable horizontally. The ideal situation would be to have a direction lock like iOS - once you start scrolling in a given direction, it will only scroll that direction until you release.
    jrn likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfun View Post
    the whole scrolling and bouncing is happening in a .so-file. so there is no easy way to fix it there
    so far I tried to catch the mouse-events (mousedown, mousemove,..) before they get to the object and to modify them but the only results so far are either no scrolling at all or far more weird bouncing and scrolling..

but i keep trying
    But it would be usefull to lock scrolling completely as well (both directions). When you play flash games it is really annoying that you scroll always around the website...
    Scroll locking button for the browser please!
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    you mean the double swipe from bottom we already have? or something different?
    Probably he meant that at iOs you can tap on the top (status bar) and the browser scrolls the webpage up at it's beginning.
    i don't know if this is related, but playing the flash port of machinarium on the touchpad, when you first try to drag things it just bounces all over the place, just like the overscrolling in the browser. The solution there is to double tap the screen and then you get a message like "to remove focus tap outside the flash object" and the screen because stable and you can drag up without the whole screen bouncing up. you can do similar with flash objects in the browser (try it with say a youtube video in the browser).

just an idea that may somehow be applied to the whole browser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12