Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    as I'm typing on my touchpad in landscape my fingers are moving all over the screen and it gets incredibly annoying. If anyone could make a patch to make the keyboard split into two halves like on windows 8, that would be awesome!
    ah, u mean a thumbs keyboard?

like that? havent seen any keyboard stuff yet except language related stuff.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ah, u mean a thumbs keyboard?

like that? havent seen any keyboard stuff yet except language related stuff.
    yeah, just like that :-) I'm no dev but that shouldn't be too hard right?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    +1

This would be awesome!
    Seen this on ISO 5 on iPad, really want it on my touchpad
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I have thumb keyboard on my CM7 Nook Color, and really like it. I have struggled a bit typing on the TP. Not terribly but certainly enough to miss Thumb keyboad. I'd love to see it on the TP
    Unfortunately, it's a fair bit more difficult that you'd think. The default virtual keyboard is hardcoded into the LunaSysMgr binary
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Unfortunately, it's a fair bit more difficult that you'd think. The default virtual keyboard is hardcoded into the LunaSysMgr binary
    On a semi-related note, how hard is it to code an IME for the webOS 3.0.0+ for the Touchpad? I'm hoping that someone will be able to put together a korean IME like http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...5-2-0-1-a.html . I'm curious whether it's even possible. Thanks for your time!
    I advice you to read Changing keyboard layout on Touchpad wiki page. It surely can be done with changing one of layouts. Not with number buttons in the center but on the top in the same way as characters.
    --
    Code to live, live to ride, ride to the end...
    My Father used to say: "Give an axe to a cave man and he will be grateful. Teach cave man to make axes and he will be grateful for the rest of his life"
    [Patch]3rd party photo synergy enabler.
    Virtual keyboard layouts patches with arrow keys
    So is a split keyboard not likely to happen? Is anyone currently working on it?

So far the keyboard is the only think about the touchpad that I really don't like. Typing on my nook color was much, much better.
    With one million new users hopefully one of them will get this to work on the TP.