1.    #1  
    Patch Request

Change "HP webOS" to "****** HP - webOS Lives" in the upper right title/menu bar of the Touchpad (uncensored).

If I knew how, I'd do it myself.

I apologize to any offended by my request.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    could someone write a homebrew app to replace HP with palm in the splash screen on phone/pad startup?
    If I had any programming skills, this would be the fiirst order of business for me, ie. remove all HP branding fro mthe OS, or atleast as much as possible.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    +1 -- PAlm WebOS Lives would be enough for me

any canadians up to the challange????? ( i have heard that the top bar on the touchstone is all hardcoded in binary so this is most likely not possible --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by strts5 View Post
    could someone write a homebrew app to replace HP with palm in the splash screen on phone/pad startup?
    This has already been done lol. webOS Internals did this with their meta-doctor. Also, it's very, VERY easy to change it yourself. It's just two different images that fade back and forth. You just have to replace the image files with whatever it is you want.