Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    I do see a difference in the second version. The first version, I got a black screen for .5 seconds on every photo even when I was swiping through photos so I didnt notice a difference in speed. It Just replaced the low res image with something else. Now, it swipes through photos with no low res loading. Works great.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I do see a difference in the second version. The first version, I got a black screen for .5 seconds on every photo even when I was swiping through photos so I didnt notice a difference in speed. It Just replaced the low res image with something else. Now, it swipes through photos with no low res loading. Works great.
    Did you both times try in the photos (not camera) app? If so, that's strange, but I'm glad to hear it works.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Did you both times try in the photos (not camera) app? If so, that's strange, but I'm glad to hear it works.
    Yes, I tested it with the photos app. But all is good now.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  4.    #24  
    I just submitted the patch for webOS 2.1.0.
    If anyone can confirm the patch is working on 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 too, I'll submit for them too.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  5.    #25  
    The patch has been approved and is now available for webOS 2.1.0 devices in Preware category Photos, entitled "Immediately load high resolution".
    Very Cool patch

It would be perfect if you can resolved the bug when you want to delete the pictures <=> the picture is still shown on the screen even if deleted .
    If you exit and start again the pictures APP, the pictures is still shown on the previsualisation, but you have a "X" when you clic on it.

Tested on a Pre2, WEBOS 2.1

Update:
    After a new installation and a hard reboot (not only Luna restart), everything looks better :-)
    Last edited by hugo_2; 08/26/2011 at 08:31 AM.
  7.    #27  
    Yes, this was probably independent of the patch. Could have been an issue with the (very buggy) media indexer.
    The initial preware release is 0.0.2, is it? This ones working on my 2.1 photoapp, which is clear to see in contrast to the cameraapp

Do have a clue why they have implemented it like this. Is it leftover of 1.x code for 500Mhz pre1?
  9.    #29  
    Yes, it is.

Yes, they could have implemented it like this for performance reasons on the crap hardware of the Pre-.
    But if someone at Palm had invested a few more hours on this they could have had much better performance in the photos app...

(The source code of the photos app is reeaally bad done)
    oh well how about a complete rewrite
    just kidding - thanks for the efforts so far.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    This patch rocks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  12.    #32  
    Submitted patch for webOS 2.2, patch file see first post.
    Only tested on webOS 2.2.4 so far.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Testing now on a 2.2.4 Pre 3
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    I haven't looked into it but there is a similar patch here (Mojo ImageView Hi-Res Zoom). Is there any overlap or possible conflict?
  15. pht
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Submitted patch for webOS 2.2, patch file see first post.
    Only tested on webOS 2.2.4 so far.
    Hello
    could you write the same patch for the Touchpad?

regards
    iMac 24" user
    Pr 2 unlocked
    TP 32
    Can anyone help fix this error? I'm trying to update / remove...

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.photos-immediately-load-high-resolution.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.photos-immediately-load-high-resolution.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    -- Sent from my HP Pre3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12