Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    So the lack of a back gesture on Touchpad drives me nuts! Some apps (Preware, Internals, etc) have the back button in the top left of the screen and others (App catalog) put it in the bottom left.

    I propose a screen gesture:
    Two fingers contacting the screen and swiping toward the left.

    This is the same gesture used on the iMac Magic Mouse for the back button. Itls pretty intuitive and is similar enough to the Pre gesture area back gesture.

    Is this even possibe with a patch? If so, how much of a bounty is needed for this to get built?
  2. #2  
    I really can't believe HP didn't do this from the beginning.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman821 View Post
    I really can't believe HP didn't do this from the beginning.
    ya, seriously.
  4. #4  
    +1 to the back gesture
  5. #5  
    Lion has added a three finger swipe forward/back between fullscreen programs and the desktop, which I LOVE because yes, it's useful, but it also reminds me of my Pre -. I wonder how difficult it would be to implement this in WebOS 3.x because there would need to be the animation between the cards added, and no evidence exists that HP just commented out the animation code from WebOS 2.x.
  6. #6  
    Would be very nice to have this.
  7. wmurch3's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    #7  
    Yeah this is a no-brainer
  8. #8  
    I am not guaranteeing anything... but if/when Sconix gets around to getting his Advanced Patches running on the TouchPad, this "power swipe" feature should be available via his Advanced System Behaviors patch.

    Again, not a guarantee...

    You could always send donations his way (via that link) to coax him into doing it for sure for sooner.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  9. #9  
    Yes please. My mac has me trained, I use 2 finger swipe to go back a page on the TP and wonder why nothing happens!
  10. cdjh's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    #10  
    +1

    it sounds stupid and lazy to say, but reaching to the to the upper left corner to go back is a drag.
    Biggnaa20 likes this.
  11. larizzo's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #11  
    Very interested in this as well.
  12. #12  
    +1, even if it was browser only.
  13. #13  
    Here's a patch for the browser, two fingers left/right will go back/forward.

    The buttons on the toolbar will light up to indicate that current gesture will perform that action when released.

    By default the gestures function like on Lion - pulling the page to the right will go back. This behavior can be controlled via Tweaks. Copy the json file to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences to see the preference. The browser needs to be restarted to see a change.

    I'm working on submitting to webos-internals patches to make this easier.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NuclearWinter likes this.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroJoe View Post
    Here's a patch for the browser, two fingers left/right will go back/forward.

    The buttons on the toolbar will light up to indicate that current gesture will perform that action when released.

    By default the gestures function like on Lion - pulling the page to the right will go back. This behavior can be controlled via Tweaks. Copy the json file to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences to see the preference. The browser needs to be restarted to see a change.

    I'm working on submitting to webos-internals patches to make this easier.
    Very nice. I couldn't get the preference pane to work. But the swiping works well. Transition is a bit jarring versus OSX Lion, but not much that can be done about that. Great job!
  15. #15  
    Just installed this. Works great. Couldn't get the preferences to work though. If someone could figure out how to disable the left/right scrolling, it would work even better.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondw View Post
    Just installed this. Works great. Couldn't get the preferences to work though. If someone could figure out how to disable the left/right scrolling, it would work even better.
    Did you copy the .json file? (You'll need to rename it from .json.txt, since the board won't allow posting .json :\) Is it showing up in Tweaks?

    Should be easier once it's in Preware.
  17. lar3ry's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    +1

    it sounds stupid and lazy to say, but reaching to the to the upper left corner to go back is a drag.
    Not stupid or lazy at all. If developers wrote to an interface standard, and the "go back" method was consistent, it would be a different matter. I have seen at least 4 different "go backs". Buttons in upper left, lower left, lower right, and menu. A simple gesture would do the trick, and as an additional bonus, it would allow Pre apps to run in full screen without getting stuck in scenes.
  18. #18  
    Awesome! Have not installed yet and am running Snow Leopard. Curious though, default swiping to the RIGHT goes a page BACK?
    Sounds like you can change in prefs but default seems backwards. The browser buttons and my mac are the other way around.
  19. #19  
    Think of it like a book, you turn a page to the right to go backwards. That is the idea they built into Lion.

    By any chance can you add an option to use a one finger swipe from offscreen, much like swiping up from the bottom activates card view/launcher? Much easier to do when holding the tablet in landscape.
  20. #20  
    This patch is now in Preware.

    I'll take a look at some point and see if this is possible for Mojo based apps. Enyo will be tricky because I don't think there's a generic back event.

    Quote Originally Posted by Racer-X View Post
    Awesome! Have not installed yet and am running Snow Leopard. Curious though, default swiping to the RIGHT goes a page BACK?
    Sounds like you can change in prefs but default seems backwards. The browser buttons and my mac are the other way around.
    In Lion you do it with two fingers also - it pulls the page back to reveal the page underneath. The same kind of thing happens here, you end up pulling the page when you do the two finger gesture.

    You can change it using the Tweaks app - not the Browser preferences.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions