1.    #1  
    Hey gang.

Its upsetting enough to me that Palm/HP have ignored some pretty mega awesome patches... but whats even worse is when some of the best patches arent available in Preware!!

Preware is an awesome accessory for WebOS for even the average user, so lets ramp it up a bit!!

Here are some of the patches/apps that are missing that I feel should be there:

-Synergy Messaging Plugins

- Iphone Spoof

-Location sharing in messaging

-Lost.fm app (offline but I have a copy of the last version and it works fine)

-Flash package for legacy devices with 2.X

-Alarm Daily Options for 2.X

-Devicemenu-Maxed-Out-Ultra 2.0.1

-Kobo 2.X patch

-Weatherbug Widget

-Music Player in Exhibition English

-Palm Dark System Devices 2.X

-Enhanced Agenda view

What is the legality of me posting these to Preware for these people? Is that allowed? Because I will take the initiative if it means a better WebOS experience for everyone.

None of these are alpha patches and apps....ive used some for over a year without issue. They definitely belong in Preware!

let me know if I will get in trouble for submitting them or not, and I will for sure if its AOK.

Dont just think about the people on these forums, think about all the other WebOS users. If we give them a better experience they are more likely to stick with WebOS. I know I stuck with WebOS just because of how easy modifying the phone is with Preware.
    some haven't been updated, and some are not needed or possible on newer versions.

those you don't see are probably listed in the incompatible category if you scroll down.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    some haven't been updated, and some are not needed or possible on newer versions.

those you don't see are probably listed in the incompatible category if you scroll down.
    Please READ MY POST before replying.

NONE of the patches above are in Preware, as incompatible or compatible.

NONE of the patches above have been implemented in newer versions of WebOS.
    hence the 3rd option, where many haven't been updated. I think I covered all the options...
    ps, the iphone spoof was never on preware. It was only available via quickinstall.

some of your needs might be addressed by the "advanced" patches.
    multi mod
    Well, from my understanding, the Show Flash Preferences patch is there, but you can't put the Flash ipk there because it uses files from a webOS doctor, which you are not allowed to redistribute and that is why in the thread you have to download and create the ipk yourself.

However, there is nothing wrong with taking them and submitting them yourself, although you should credit the original developer in the description and maintainers list. As Rod states here, every patch posted here is done so under the MIT License.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    and if you post them, you need to test them, and support them...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ps, the iphone spoof was never on preware. It was only available via quickinstall.

some of your needs might be addressed by the "advanced" patches.
    You have seriously misunderstood my questions in the first post.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, from my understanding, the Show Flash Preferences patch is there, but you can't put the Flash ipk there because it uses files from a webOS doctor, which you are not allowed to redistribute and that is why in the thread you have to download and create the ipk yourself.

However, there is nothing wrong with taking them and submitting them yourself, although you should credit the original developer in the description and maintainers list. As Rod states here, every patch posted here is done so under the MIT License.
    Thanks for understanding my question.

I will put them in Preware and make sure to credit those where credit is due.