1.    #1  
    This patch is for users of the Spotify mobile app for webOS (which you have to have a premium subscription to use). By default, the Spotify app only allows sharing via Email, SMS, Facebook, and to other Spotify users. It also uses some pretty pathetic text, something like "Check out this artist on Spotify" or "Check out this track on Spotify" without giving the name of the artist or the track. This patch changes the app so that it provides better sharing text and gives you the option to tweet an artist/album/song/playlist of your choice. It should be accessible via both the app dropdown menu and the i circle icon strewn all over the app.

Supported clients are:
    - Bad Kitty
    - Spaz Beta/SpEd/Free/HD
    - QuickPost
    - Tachyon
    - Carbon
    - Twee
    - Tweed

To modify the Twitter client used, you have to use Tweaks to select a different one. To do so you must copy over the json file yourself!

The json file is in the zip attached to this post. Please place it in the following directory:
    /media/crytofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences/

Note, I do not have all of the above Twitter clients to use in testing, so if the twitter app you want to use doesn't work, let me know.

If you want the twitter icon to appear in the popup menu, you have to put the icon there yourself. The icon is in the zip attached to this post. It should be placed here:

/media/crytofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.spotify/images/popup/

Icon comes courtesy of Rogie King at Komodo Media, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.

Also note, as a third party patch, this patch cannot appear in Preware! Also, when you uninstall the patch, you will have to uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app. This is because of AUPT behavior wrt to third party patches where a patch removal causes the files the patch modified to be deleted.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Spotify let you release this patch?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Spotify let you release this patch?
    No, because I didn't ask. I saw no reason to do so.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    why would I ever care to share what I'm listening to? If anyrhing spotify should pay you to market their product that way.

hey everyone check this pile of crap out found now in my toilet.

get a life
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    why would I ever care to share what I'm listening to? If anyrhing spotify should pay you to market their product that way.

get a life
    I'm sorry the music you listen to is a pile of crap...maybe some other Spotify users can share what they're listening to with you and help you out there.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    No, because I didn't ask. I saw no reason to do so.
    You never know, and I guess don't want to know. They might not want people messing with their code like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post

get a life
    I am jealous that Mark Zuckerberg made billions of dollars off of people showing others pics of their newborn babies insistently, but seriously calm down.

Social networking is not a fad, either get used to it, or be a hermit for life.
    Please submit this patch to Preware

webOS-Patches Web Portal
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Please submit this patch to Preware

webOS-Patches Web Portal
    As I mentioned in the first post, I cannot submit this patch to Preware because it is a patch for a third-party app and the patches portal does not accept patches for third party apps.