Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I've been having fun installing all these patches this past week. I installed battery percent and icon white, red, teal. I also installed increase font size 17 (for the top bar). It worked fine but then I restarted and the % just vanished, just left w/pix of the battery. I thought they were compatible.

Also in messaging, is there a way to view a text without breaking up a word?
    For example:
    How ar
    e you?

Also in my contacts, I have listed a doctor's name. Ex: Dr John Smith but when I receive
    the call, I get John Smith only. I don't know why this happens. Can that be fixed?

Another thing, in the quick launch, can that black up arrow, on the right side, be removed to add another icon?

Thanks so much!
    My text messaging does not break up words like you mention. Try uninstalling any patches you have that may display fonts differently.

I just added a test contact trying to replicate your Dr John Smith issue. I listed the contact name as Dr. John Smith and then called a fake number and it displayed correctly. Perhaps related to why your text messages break up.

No way to remove the black up arrow unfortunately. I have been hoping for this for years.
    Are your messages that are being broken up from other people or are they your messages that are being broken up? If its just the messages you receive, maybe its just how they send it.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply. I had 20px font size to enlarge the texts & enable break line sms. I just removed both of them and restarted the phone, still the same problem. I do have timestamps fancy installed also.

As for the Dr John Smith issue, I've had this issue since I first got the phone. Actually a couple of weird things happen. If I search for Dr under both the phone icon contacts and under the contacts icon, nothing shows up. In contacts, it alphabetized by first name, not doctor. This is very strange to me. I sometimes forget the doctor's first name.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Are your messages that are being broken up from other people or are they your messages that are being broken up? If its just the messages you receive, maybe its just how they send it.
    No, it doesn't seem to be broken up when I send them. Actually I'm just looking at previous messages I've received & sent & they are all broken up, maybe this is how the phone stores them??
    Try removing the fancy timestamps also see what happens.

I would also make sure to get save/restore. Don't be afraid of having to doctor your phone if necessary.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Try removing the fancy timestamps also see what happens.

I would also make sure to get save/restore. Don't be afraid of having to doctor your phone if necessary.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums

thanks it worked!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I reinstalled timestamps clean and it works great also was able to reinstall the other patches I had as well.

I'm still wondering about my contacts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Also is there any way to remove bluetooth from the dropdown device menu?