webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > porting MetaView's UberCalendar to the touchpad
porting MetaView's UberCalendar to the touchpad
View Poll Results: Most important feature to port
date time picker in edit event 19 34.55%
more snooze and alarm options 6 10.91%
repeat notifications 4 7.27%
templates 2 3.64%
icon picker 5 9.09%
timezone mod 2 3.64%
custom repeats 3 5.45%
week numbering 5 9.09%
google calendar invites 4 7.27%
other - post it. 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree32Likes

Old 10/21/2012, 10:05 PM   #941 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
Looking at the current week is the only thing I can really do. I can't swipe, or add a new appointment or edit anything.
The thing is it takes a whole lot of time to be OK again. I'm not sure when this happens. When it starts working again I can open it without any problems (even after slingshooting).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank496 View Post
No difference in time. When in day view, link on or off, it takes almost 6 seconds to fully switch to week view. Same going week to month view.
FYI all, I'm having neither problem on my Pre3 (2.2.4) or TP (3.0.5) with the latest UC update.

What devices/OS versions are you running?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
bethel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: frantid
Old 10/24/2012, 05:51 AM   #942 (permalink)

Pre2 with 2.2.4 with absolutely no problems with the calendar app.
Touchpad with 3.0.5 with the "lag" problem which appears sometimes (calendar is unresponsive for an amount of time).
Loiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2012, 06:12 AM   #943 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank496 View Post
No difference in time. When in day view, link on or off, it takes almost 6 seconds to fully switch to week view. Same going week to month view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
Pre2 with 2.2.4 with absolutely no problems with the calendar app.
Touchpad with 3.0.5 with the "lag" problem which appears sometimes (calendar is unresponsive for an amount of time).
@Loiter, is it still the same problem that arises if the touchpad has been with wifi off and the calendar app has not been used? About how long does it take for the error to hit? I've been trying to reproduce it without success. I've tried 24 hrs airplane mode, then launch still only get about 1 sec delay.

@Frank496, can you tell me the steps to reproduce this error? What types of calendar accounts do you have and how many on average events per week? Anything unique about your events, large notes or attachments on the server side? Is it all weeks? If you go forward 3 months, does the problem still occur?

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2012, 03:11 AM   #944 (permalink)

To be honest it's been better these last days and I was not able to reproduce it.
It's like the calendar app got scared because of me posting here and stopped doing it.
If I can give you more information about when it happens, I will do it. Now it mostly freezes for about a few seconds (and this does not happen every time) which I consider it normal.
Loiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2012, 08:04 AM   #945 (permalink)

Updated first post added capability to include the region settings (language and formats) in the just type new event parsing.

For further description of what this means see here:
UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

Also see the previous posts in that thread by gizmo21.

... submitted to Preware.

cheers.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
Old 11/07/2012, 03:42 PM   #946 (permalink)

Hi anybody,

as I'm not sure whether it is a calendar, ubercalendar or TouchPad problem I am posting it in this thread as well (also in the ubercalendar thread).

Apologies in advance in case I'm just too blind to find the answer in the thread - maybe someone can then just direct to the correct page or thread.

I have sync problems with my Pre (German o2 - 1.4.5) and HP TouchPad (3.0.5). On both I have the latest ubercalendar installed from Preware. Both devices use the same Palm profile, so in my understanding the calendar items should sync on both devices. When I connected my TouchPad to my Palm account/profile it did sync the calendar from my Pre (at least all day/annual events). Now neither events on my Pre are synced to the TP nor vice versa.

As I understand the Google Sync issue that is only about sync with a Google calendar (which I don't have). Still I installed the patch and Tweaks but obviously that didn't solve the problem.

As it sucks rocks that I have to double-create all calendar items in my Pre and my TP I'd be most happy if anyone would have a solution or answer. Thanks in advance!
ced68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/07/2012, 04:37 PM   #947 (permalink)

The Palm-profile doesn't sync between devices. Use Google or EAS.
MetaView is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: ced68
Old 11/09/2012, 03:04 PM   #948 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
The Palm-profile doesn't sync between devices. Use Google or EAS.
Thanks for the quick response. That's too bad. Palm/HP really should have offered that feature.
To be honest, though not being paranoid, I don't trust Google, so guess I will check for alternatives.
ced68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 10:50 PM   #949 (permalink)

I have been unable to update and get an IPK error. I have v3.05-9 installed. What can I do? I see that v3.05-44 is available. I'm running WebOS v3.05.
teejay69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2012, 05:25 AM   #950 (permalink)

Can you post the complete IPK log from the failed update?

It will tell what needs to be corrected.
Old 02/07/2013, 11:19 PM   #951 (permalink)

Not sure if the person above is getting the same error as I am but here's my IPK log. I had it installed and went to update the latest time (this was a while ago now and I'm just now getting back around to trying to resolve the issue) and if I recall correctly the touchpad hung up and I had to restart it. I'm sure that's probably where the issue arose.

I would love a bit of direction in solving this.

Thanks so much!

Kevin

IPK error log

Begin
Nothing Interesting.
Verify
Nothing Interesting.
Download
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
100 105k 100 105k 0 0 346k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 417k
Identify
org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd
Install
{"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
Mkdir-Prerm
Nothing Interesting.
Install-Prerm
Nothing Interesting.
Postinst
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthDay.js.rej
*** FAILED ***
Remove
Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd from root...
(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.prerm)
Delete
Nothing Interesting.
Failed
Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
kevhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 03:26 AM   #952 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthDay.js.rej
*** FAILED ***

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
Use internalz pro with master mode on. Go to the directory:

media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/

Look for a file named:
MonthDay.js.webosinternals.orig

Tap the file choose "info" and rename it by backspacing to:

MonthDay.js

Restart Luna and try to install it again.

If the file is not there, then you will have to get the "MonthDay.js" file from the doctor and put it in the directory above.

Thanked By: kevhead
Old 02/09/2013, 01:02 PM   #953 (permalink)

thanks frantid!

file renamed and UberCalendar reinstalled! Now my wife will be happy Ha!
kevhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ubercalendar

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0