08/10/2011, 09:46 AM
This thread is for feedback and testing of the development of a touchPad version of UberCalendar. It's so the normal UC thread does not get filled with touchpad only posts. Once the patch is up to speed, the conversation can move to the normal UC thread.
For local patches you must uninstall, restart Luna then reinstall, restart Luna. You CANNOT update a local patch. In 3.0.5 you MUST use webOS QI 4.4.0 (or higher) or file manager 2.0.8 (or higher) to successfully install or uninstall a local patch.
11 Feb 2015 Updated to handle errors in mixed environments, i.e. using several methods to manage the calendar -- calDav, google api, android.
3.0.5 2014-12-25: Updated to fix display of alarms and new version of Advanced Sync Requirements. Sync requirements moved to accounts app with the google_oauth2 patches.
3.0.5 29 Oct added regional settings capability to just type new events. See link for explanation:
UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
3.0.5 31 Aug added 12, 18 hour event alarms. timezone converter bug fix.
3.0.5 23 Feb Bug fix test version.
3.0.5 Last preware update changes: 22 Feb Added duration buttons to edit event scene. Made it so agenda will remember last used settings for "All calendars" and "All day" after restart of calendar app. Added option for shrinking agenda width, must slingshot the calendar app for it to take effect. Added option for start up group on calendar launch.
3.0.4 Last preware update changes: . Fixed just type new calendar events without time parsing correctly. Fixed week view not scrolling to current time.
Please post any issues.
This patch WILL conflict with other calendar patches. Please uninstall any other calendar patches, before trying it out. Please check your preferences first, if you don't see a listed feature.
- Sliding pane for an agenda list view and mini month display.
List allows searching and swipe to delete.
List searches: subject, location, note, icon name, attendees.
List follows view's events if linked is on.
List caches view's events if linked off.
List scrolls to today if contained in the view on the right.
Choose to display hidden or all day events in list.
- Mini-month allows scrolling to next and previous month or year. (left, right, up, down) or combined try diagonal
tapping mini-month will jump.
- Google event invites
- Icon Picker in edit scene
- Jump back button.
- Opening view choice of day, week, month or last
- Shrink day, week and agenda list
- Button to show hide search box
- Minute Interval picker in edit
- date time picker in edit
- More reminder times
- More event durations
- 2 Lines for subject in day, week views
- 2 Lines for location in day, week views
- Week Numbers displayed in day, week, month
- icons for events displayed
- alarm icon displayed
- meeting icon displayed for events with attendees
- Week Modulo shown in day, week, month views
- Stationary All day events in week view (isn't at 0, and doesn't scroll away)
- Week all day events are displayed vertically ordered and scrollable
- Choose to tap to edit or view from day and week view event taps
- Choose to tap to edit or view from agenda event tap
- Choose whether to scroll to current time
- Tap to move or copy
- more snooze times
- Per alert previous snooze memory.
- UC +/- snooze functions
- missed reminders view
- UC repeating alerts functionality.
- UC Datetime picker added to Jumpto
- UC Datetime picker added to custom repeat until setting.
- Moved snooze to right, dismiss to left -- matches phones, for those without webOS phones.
- Added date and location parsing to just type events
- Ability to automatically turn link off
- Monthly custom repeat for last day of week, i.e. last Tuesday, etc
- Monthly custom repeat for last number of day of month, i.e. last day, 4th last day, etc
- Modified behavior so only changing dates will force repeat schedule to be reset.
- Timezone converter for events
- Fix for day and week view stuck at 0 after new event.
- Various Other Interface tweaks
- Disable Snooze banner
- Change This And Future - option for recurring events.
- Delete This and Future - option for recurring events.
- Delete button in edit scene between cancel and done/send
- Location popup allowing people picker address selection and mapping of location.
- UC groups feature
- start up group
- duration buttons in edit scene
- Per calendar alarms
- Alarms follow toggles
- Date and location parsing for just type events.
- Work week display(M-F)
- Advanced copy from contact record
- showing search box on start.
- showing peek to left pane
- per view preferences for showing mini-month
- per view preferences for showing icons
- per view preferences for enhanced views
- week view shrink (normal, small, medium, strong)
- day view shrink (normal, small, medium, strong)
- showing week numbers
- using ISO Week numbering(first week has the first Thursday)
- week Modulo
- default minute interval in edit scene
- opening view (Last, Day, Week, Month)
- start time of day (used for scrolling behavior, so it won't start at 0)
- end time of day
- tap in view (edit, view)
- tap in agenda view (edit, view)
- shrink agenda list
- scroll to current time
- icon list for adding & deleting icons.
- default snooze length
- max repeat and repeat interval
- turning on or off the led blink on alert
- stop auto close
- disable alerts
- link off after first load
- preference for turning off Snoozed for x banner
- disabling all reminders
- per calendar enabled/disabled alerts.
- alarms follow toggles
- enabling group support
- start up group
- using characters between parentheses for subject in week and month
- default work week setting
A couple of explanations:
1. the refresh button is a "jump back" function. So if you jumped to a date just prior, you can push it to jump back. It was inspired by the way the touchpad works if you change views. i.e. were in day view on Aug 30, go to Month view to look around, then go back to day view but day view is now Aug 1. --- push jump back to go back to Aug 30 in day view.
2. linked -- on: means the list follows the calendar view you are in.
off: means it caches the data and ignores the calendar views. You can not delete an event from the list if linked is "off".
3. Tap to edit, move or copy only work if event is not read only.
4. The button on the left of 3 in the agenda view is move. Middle button is copy. Right is information. Copy and move are not drag and drop - since getting the calendar to redraw suffers lag. To perform copy or move: 1. tap the copy or move button. 2. tap an event (either in the agenda list or in the day or week views). 3. tap an empty time slot in day, week view or tap a day in month view or mini-month. You will get a prompt asking for confirmation. It will then open the edit scene. In tap to copy or move: it does not matter if you tap a time or event first. You just need to do both.
5. You can not move an event that is tapped in the agenda list if linked is off. This is because the event might not be up to date if linked is off.
6. Missed reminders view, you have to have more than 1 dashboard alert to access it. Tap the calendar icon in the dashboard to open it -- the one with the little number of alerts on it.
7. To enter a just type date use this pattern
You must use the semi-colon. If you leave off the location or date, it will default to subject only. To practice your date expressions go here:
subject ; date expression; location
use the box below "Mad Skillz". It only does english, but I have set it up to follow your locations choice of date formats. i.e. US is month/day/year. If you don't know what they are check the regional settings app.
You need to add icons just like in the regular UberCalendar. You need to use a smaller alarm icon 12px by 12 px. The normal UC one just is too big. Also I renamed one of qwiklight's icon's to meeting, so the calendar can indicate a meeting. Here are the two I use, modified qwiklight's
The poll is closed.
attached are screen shots and patch file.