• google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    a question. If I have this patch do I also need the 'start in week view' mod as well? Actually, I think I am asking if I can have that functionality in this patch.

Alan
    It will be in the next version that I post. Possibly later today.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    another request. On the left you show appointments. Could you show the next ones after the current date/time rather than the first one for that week (if in week view)?

cheers

alan
  3.    #103  
    another request. On the left you show appointments. Could you show the next ones after the current date/time rather than the first one for that week (if in week view)?

cheers

alan
    I haven't figured out the scroll mechanism in enyo when doing a list in a list. But if I can figure it out, I will set it to auto scroll to the current date.

Unfortunately, until then you will have to manually scroll the list.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I wanted to ask this too.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    another question. If I touch a calender event on the left, is it supposed to bring up that event? Because it doesn't.

alan
  6.    #106  
    Not yet. I haven't set it up because I have no experience holding a TP. Do you think it would cause accidental views? Perhaps I'll stick in a preference for turning it on/off. You can swipe to delete though.

My plan is set "C"opy mode, touch event to select, then tap a day in mini month to paste a copy to that date.

"T"emplates mode would act similar. I've got to do more research to make those work though.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi frantid,

I found a little time, finally, for some feedback.

First, regarding the interface, I find the calendar can be improved in the "wasre of sreen real estate" area:
    I played around a little with my favourite image editing programm, I made a little mockup of what I would like it to be, though I don't know if it can be done that way.

- the upper row in the stock calendar with the list of the calendars is a wate of space, in my opinion. Most users won't use it once they have selected the calendars they usually use. And the concept of groups, as in UC for the phones is more elegant.

Regarding the UC left pane:
    - I find the search textbox uses a lot of space for something that won't be used as much. Can it be just an icon with the text field poping up when pressed?
    - in my opinion, the texts "All calendars" and "All day..." is in a too large font (and by the way some languages need more characters). Could be reduced by 75%.
    - the handler at the bottom left has no use: can it be removed to have more space for the buttons
    - instead of T,C buttons, I though we could use icons as shown im my layout projet
    - even the mini-month is a lille too big for my taste. Ans compared with the tiny datepicker on the phone's version, i think we will have no problem ta tap accurately if it is a little smaler (say 80%).

Regarding the right pane:
    - can't the two "bottoms" of the right pane be merged to avoid the loss of height?
    - the text showing the date can have it's font reduced to 75%

So, attached is what I think of, beside the current layout.

I hope my ideas will be helpfull...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    And here is my wish list for UC on the TouchPad:
    - if you put minutes interval into the settings, it would be a good idea to leave the possibility to change it in the editing scene, as it is right now. For example, on my Pre, I have set the interval to 15 minutes. It fits my needs 99% of the time and enables quick access. But, from time to time, I have to enter something more accurate (train or flight schedules,...) and this would come in very handy.
    - give the ability to disable calendar reminders on the TouchPad. In my use case, I disabled the notifications on my desktop Outlook, to only have reminders on my Pre. I don't need my TouchPad to notify me the same reminders, it is redundant. This could be made on a per-account basis, if users wants more flexibility.
    - give the ability to drag the events in day and week view: tap and hold would highlight the event, with the ability to drag it to chage begining time and/or day; and a kind of handler to change the duration. This is very usefull and straightforward on desktop calendars, such as Palm Desktop or Outlook, and I find the TouchPads's calendar really lacks this functionality.
    - When I tap on an event, it shows a view with the event's details. I then allways try to tap directly on the field I want to edit, instead of taping first on the edit button, and then on the field I want to edit in the edit scene. It really sucks. It would be great that taping on a field in this event detail view causes the edit scene to open with focus given to the according field.
    - UC groups
    - enhance the text/details display of the events in day and week view. ON UC for phones, we have the event's title on two lines. On the TouchPad only on one line. When two calendars have overlaping events, the event title is too short to be understood. Fact is, that week view is more readable on my pre's tiny display than on my TouchPad! I think with title diplay on two lines, and perhaps a smaller font size it would be fine
    - compressed day and week view, to be able to see all events of a day from 8 am until 10 pm without scrolling, in landscape orientation, as with the "medium" setting on UC for phones.

Thank you for working on the TouchPads's calendar, to bring it to the awesomeness level of UberCakendar.

Regards,

Kratus

9.    #109  
    Thanks Kratus,

You put a lot of effort into it! I like it.

I hope I can get to your wish list. I'm a little worried about UC groups on the touchpad, it's a completely different method with the calendars list now. Which stinks since it took a while for me to figure it out on the phones. I have to look into it some more.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I thank *YOU* for your efforts.

11.    #111  
    You're welcome, my friend.

Have you seen any good icons on the touchpad for some of the buttons? I was originally planning on using icons, but the touchpad doesn't have a central icon directory like the phones. That's why I used the browsers refresh icon.

The touchpad's pixels are bigger, the mini month is actually the same width as the phone's width. I just used all the space instead of putting a border around it. I'll try it at the same dimensions as the phone, it should give about 40 pixels in height or one more row of events.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I haven't though of icons outside of the calendar app.
    I'll look at it...

Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    WHat do the three letters at the bottom left do (T,C and I)?

Alan
  14.    #114  
    Check my post right after your previous post.

@frantid: thinking about the icons, don't know why I wasn't thinking of it in the early UC-patch days, but an automatically download with previous existing checks would be possible. Then we could use any icon for the button:

onInit:

var icon1 = new Image();
    icon1.src = "/media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar/icon1.png";
    setTimeout(this.checkIcon.bind(this), 1000, icon1);

checkIcon: function(icon) {
    if (icon.width == 0) {
    // force a download
    url:
    target: "/media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar/icon1.png"
    onComplete: function() { // icon is saved, set css of button again }
    }
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    thanks. So, 'C' is copy, 'T' is transpose, what is 'I'?
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @frantid: thinking about the icons, don't know why I wasn't thinking of it in the early UC-patch days, but an automatically download with previous existing checks would be possible. Then we could use any icon for the button:

onInit:

var icon1 = new Image();
    icon1.src = "/media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar/icon1.png";
    setTimeout(this.checkIcon.bind(this), 1000, icon1);

checkIcon: function(icon) {
    if (icon.width == 0) {
    // force a download
    url:
    target: "/media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar/icon1.png"
    onComplete: function() { // icon is saved, set css of button again }
    }
    That's a neat trick. I'll have to start looking for icons on some websites.

18.    #118  
    thanks. So, 'C' is copy, 'T' is transpose, what is 'I'?
    T is templates, see the preference guide for how it works currently on the phones.

I is information, the current state of the list and mini-month.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    That's a neat trick. I'll have to start looking for icons on some websites.
    You could even use your own icons on a public DropBox folder, I asume.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    You could even use your own icons on a public DropBox folder, I asume.
    But you would want to have a local copy of the icons instead a reload every time you open the calendar