• google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I will have to do it tonight, I left the Touchpad home (since I am sharing it with my wife).
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
  2.    #82  
    @Kratus - Let me know if it works better for you as well. I can't imagine why you have a 3 sec difference in your emulator than the TP. And why others don't experience the same delay.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I won 1 second.
    I'm busy right now with my real life job, but I'll try to reduce somehow the number of Google calendars, or to see if the delay comes from Exchange or from Google.
    I'll let you know.

I also have some ideas for the TP patch. I'll try to put tnem together "soon".
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Did some experimenting. I had 14 patches installed and when I deleted one, Faster Card Animations HYPER Version, I found my calendar with patch installed (1-8 version) was performing much better, not awesome, but better. I will keep patch installed for a while and see how I do with it.

Anyone else have this patch installed and not see an issue?
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    Did some experimenting. I had 14 patches installed and when I deleted one, Faster Card Animations HYPER Version, I found my calendar with patch installed (1-8 version) was performing much better, not awesome, but better. I will keep patch installed for a while and see how I do with it.

It would be interesting to see which patches you and Kratus have that match. You both have a 5 sec delay when switching views without the patch installed.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Here is my list:

Ad Blocker
    Advanced Reset Options
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10
    Just Charge by Default
    Make It So
    Mimic Outlook Formatting on Email Reply/Forward
    Muffle System Logging
    Private Browsing
    Quiet Powered Messages
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

I had it installed too. I removed it, but could not see any difference.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  8.    #88  
    You might have to do a restart. Anything that is at system level seems to be cached or preloaded.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Here is my list:

Ad Blocker
    Advanced Reset Options
    Just Charge by Default
    Make It So
    Muffle System Logging
    Private Browsing
    Quiet Powered Messages
    Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    and here is mine:

Device Profile Service Override
    Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    file URLs for Browser
    Launch with Folder View Minimized
    Max Blocker
    Muffle System Logging
    Private Browsing
    Quiet Powered Messages

UberKernel (TouchPad)

The ones in blue are common.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You might have to do a restart. Anything that is at system level seems to be cached or preloaded.
    I just did a cold restart after uninstalling the HYPER patch, and could not notice any difference.
    This gets really strange...

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Hum, well, try JSTop (homebrew app) and put it on Auto. See if it helps any.
    Question of a "Newbie"
    I very like Ubercalendar on my Pre- but hot the hell I get it on my Touchpad ?

Can somebody be so nice to give me "step by step instruction" ? :-)

Thanks a lot ........
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    U can use Preware or Internalz Pro to install the patch file provided in the first post.
    If you need other languages, I'm working on it.

Thanks !
    I used QuickInstall

Patch works fine :-)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hum, well, try JSTop (homebrew app) and put it on Auto. See if it helps any.
    I don't know what JsTop does.
    Can you explan it to me?
    I tried it, and noticed no improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I don't know what JsTop does.
    Can you explan it to me?
    I tried it, and noticed no improvement.
    It's sort of like a task manager for Java processes. It shows you what running & what resources it's using. You can kill processes, manually run garbage collection, schedule automatic garbage collection. It can help identify memory leaks as you track resources.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks for your answer.

so far so good -- running stable and I use it every day -- so what is next?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    so far so good -- running stable and I use it every day -- so what is next?
    I've been studying the back end. I had to figure out a way to store preferences outside of the calendar's preferences . I'll post an update in the next day or so.

Currently adding:

More default snooze times
    More default alarm times.
    Preference for showing week number,
    Preference for using ISO week number,
    Preference for having mini month open on start,
    Preference for minute interval in edit,
    Preference for showing peek of the left agenda pane when sliding right pane closed,
    Preference for open in View of "Last", "Day", "Week" and "Month"

I'm done with all of those, I just have to figure out where the week number display looks best in the titles. Anyone got any ideas where to put them?

Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    a question. If I have this patch do I also need the 'start in week view' mod as well? Actually, I think I am asking if I can have that functionality in this patch.

Alan
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast