5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I did. I extracted the files from the 305 doctor. Copied them to my downloads directory on my TP and installed the calendar ipk. UC HD still showed as a patch and when I tried to remove it in Preware, I got that log file. I guess I could try using AUSMT basic again and try to reinstall it.
    If you still have the UberCalendar ipk you used to install with, you can open it in Internalz & select uninstall. Maybe that would work?
  2.    #922  
    I did. I extracted the files from the 305 doctor. Copied them to my downloads directory on my TP and installed the calendar ipk. UC HD still showed as a patch and when I tried to remove it in Preware, I got that log file. I guess I could try using AUSMT basic again and try to reinstall it.
    The trick is to use Internalz Pro to goto the directory on the device and have it install that ipkg. It will then write the correct optware files for the install.

/usr/palm/ipkgs
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    The trick is to use Internalz Pro to goto the directory on the device and have it install that ipkg. It will then write the correct optware files for the install.

/usr/palm/ipkgs
    That's what I did first. I think I said I copied it but I meant in opened it in Internals and it launched Preware to install the ipk. The other two files I copied from the 305 doctor into the directory that was indicated. Maybe its to advanced for me. I remember people having issues trying to remove muffle system logging a few months back. I am assuming EPR is not to be used with 305. The Make it so patch seems to have similar issues.
    Thanks for the continuing help.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  4.    #924  
    That's what I did first. I think I said I copied it but I meant in opened it in Internals and it launched Preware to install the ipk. The other two files I copied from the 305 doctor into the directory that was indicated. Maybe its to advanced for me. I remember people having issues trying to remove muffle system logging a few months back. I am assuming EPR is not to be used with 305. The Make it so patch seems to have similar issues.
    Thanks for the continuing help.
    Ok, I'm not sure why it is failing then.

Never use EPR on 3.0.5, unless you just did the OTA upgrade from 3.0.4.

I wonder if deleting those optware files has caused other problems for you.

edit you could try a manual restore of all the files the patch touches.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm not sure why it is failing then.

Never use EPR on 3.0.5, unless you just did the OTA upgrade from 3.0.4.

I wonder if deleting those optware files has caused other problems for you.

edit you could try a manual restore of all the files the patch touches.
    That's what I was thinking about EPR. Think I found a reference to that in the thread somewhere but thought that was no longer an option in 305. I have searched the thread but can not find where it mentioned the files to try and manually restore. Do you or anyone remember which post that was in? I wonder if that might also work for the Make it so patch.

Thanks again for the help. I haven't seen any other program with an issue since I removed the Optiware homebrew stuff and reinstalled it.

Update: Is it all the files listed on page37? That seems like a lot of work that I might just screw up more. I did extract all the files from this location
    C:\Users\Tim Boche\Desktop\TouchPad\webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar\resources\webOS.tar\.\nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar\.\usr\palm\ipkgs\com.palm.app.calendar\com.palm.app.calendar_3.0.11007_all.ipk\data .tar\.\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.calendar\app\
    into a folder on my desktop, since it looks like those are the files to move into the various folders on the TP. But before going further, I thought I better ask.
    Last edited by TimBoch; 03/05/2012 at 09:53 PM.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
  6.    #926  
    That's what I was thinking about EPR. Think I found a reference to that in the thread somewhere but thought that was no longer an option in 305. I have searched the thread but can not find where it mentioned the files to try and manually restore. Do you or anyone remember which post that was in? I wonder if that might also work for the Make it so patch.

Thanks again for the help. I haven't seen any other program with an issue since I removed the Optiware homebrew stuff and reinstalled it.

Update: Is it all the files listed on page37? That seems like a lot of work that I might just screw up more. I did extract all the files from this location
    C:\Users\Tim Boche\Desktop\TouchPad\webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar\resources\webOS.tar\.\nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-topaz.rootfs.tar\.\usr\palm\ipkgs\com.palm.app.calendar\com.palm.app.calendar_3.0.11007_all.ipk\data .tar\.\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.calendar\app\
    into a folder on my desktop, since it looks like those are the files to move into the various folders on the TP. But before going further, I thought I better ask.
    The better list is here:

porting MetaView's UberCalendar to the touchpad

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Good morning frantid,
    It is a good morning too, copied all those files over, deleted the ones you said to delete and when I was able to remove UC HD in Preware. Ironically, it mentioned that it already appeared to be removed. Was able to reinstall UC HD and I again have a useful calendar!!
    Thank you for your patience and help. Unfortunately, now Jason will have to help me correct the issue with the Make it so patch. Jason, here I come.

Thanks again.

Tim
    Tim Boche

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Ubercalendar for the Pre and Touchpad are great.
    I have noticed that the week listing in the mini month calendar is off. January to February week 5 changes to week 6 in February and March to April repeat week 14 and other months are off.

Thank you for all of the great work to make WebOS better.
  9.    #929  
    This usually happens when you have "use ISO week number" on, but your start of the week day is not Monday. To make it match up for you turn use ISO week number off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsquare View Post
    Ubercalendar for the Pre and Touchpad are great.
    I have noticed that the week listing in the mini month calendar is off. January to February week 5 changes to week 6 in February and March to April repeat week 14 and other months are off.

Thank you for all of the great work to make WebOS better.
    Hi, are you talking about the update from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5?

If so you can try to run EPR. This should remove any remnants of the patch. Then you should be able to go into Preware and Install the patch. If you have errors post the ipkg log.

If you are talking about a different update, don't run EPR. Post the ipkg log and it will show where the error is.
    EPR and reinstalling worked smoothly! Got my calender back ))

thx for the help!!
  11.    #931  
    Updated first post added 12, 18 event reminder options and fixed a bug with timezone conversions.

12.    #932  
    Updated first post with version that adds advanced sync requirements to the touchpad. Plus a method to attempt to delete undefined events from the calendar. You open one of the bad events in edit. The button in the screen shot will appear. Push to try to remove all of them. You need to restart luna after pushing the botton.

Also added a sync behaviors patch for the TP to that thread. See link in signature.

I submitted to both to Preware.

See here for details about the new features also in the preference guide:
    UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frantid; 10/13/2012 at 06:32 AM.

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Hey frantid, just a quick question. I don't think it's a UC issue, but as you are an expert I have to ask.
    The TP calendar very often is unresponsive. I mean I open it and I get the first page (week view) but I cannot swipe left or right or do anything else.
    I think it has something to do with syncing, I'm not sure.
    Any ideas?
  14.    #934  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Hey frantid, just a quick question. I don't think it's a UC issue, but as you are an expert I have to ask.
    The TP calendar very often is unresponsive. I mean I open it and I get the first page (week view) but I cannot swipe left or right or do anything else.
    I think it has something to do with syncing, I'm not sure.
    Any ideas?
    I think, really a guess, is that it is waiting for the data to refresh. When the calendar is opened it just re-displays what was previously rendered. It pauses all processing while hidden. It doesn't really close unless you slingshot it. As soon as it opens, it requests new data. So I think it is waiting for the events to populate and refreshes the display. Which looks like a sync, but is faster than launching after a slingshot.

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Yes something like that, but it is annoying as hell. I use the calendar for my work and sometimes I'm on the phone needing to look an appointment and I can't. This never happens in my Pre2.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  16.    #936  
    I can imagine it's pretty frustrating. I never noticed myself as I am only looking at the current week myself at least 80 percent of the time.

I looked at the code, there's nothing stopping it from moving. So I am not sure how to fix it or why it won't move. I'll look at it some and see if I can get listen for the swipes before it starts the requests. I am not sure it is possible though.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Looking at the current week is the only thing I can really do. I can't swipe, or add a new appointment or edit anything.
    The thing is it takes a whole lot of time to be OK again. I'm not sure when this happens. When it starts working again I can open it without any problems (even after slingshooting).
  18.    #938  
    That sounds wrong. Do you have hundreds of events per week? Can you post your logs? Mine is less than 1 second. Type "calendar" in the custom field in lumberjack.

Try to catch the hang in the logs.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/14/2012 at 05:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    thanks @frantid:
    i just repaired my broken ubercalendar hd patch with your instructions from post #771, using wifi-file-sharing and copying most files from the webosdoctor on my notebook. only two files had to be edited with help of internalz pro.
    glad that ubercalendar works now.
    :-))
    No difference in time. When in day view, link on or off, it takes almost 6 seconds to fully switch to week view. Same going week to month view.