4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Did you turn the preference on underneath month view enhanced?
    Yep. Month views enhanced:ON
    Month: view icons:ON

Same as in the day and week views. Kind of got me scratching my head.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post

Did you try toggling the settings off then on? The cookie might have gone flaky & manually toggling the settings recreates the cookie.
  3.    #843  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post

Definitely try what govotsos said.

Have you tried closing and opening the calendar app? If it works in day and week, it should work in month. Very strange.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    (In case you didn't already know this) Tapping the "Days view enhanced" toggles the appearance/hiding of further options just below. Same with weeks and months.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling in Preware. Works fine now. Thanks for the help.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi frantid,

I would say UC HD still deserves some additions:
    1. I would like the work-week settings to follow the group selection, as implemented on the phones.
    2. Some would certainly like the ability to set event duration, instead of event end time, as on the phones
    3. For my personal taste, the left pane's width could be reduced, just enough to fit the minimonth (could be set via a pref setting)
    4. The 'show all day events' checkbox's state in the left pane is not memorized when the calendar app is relaunched.
    5. I personally find the upper ribon, containing the calendars list is both awfull and a waste of screen real estate. I'd really like to be able to hide it with a pref setting. The groups button could fit in the bottom of the screen

Just in case you want to spend some more time on it.

Thanks again for your awesome work!
    Meant to comment earlier, but this old brain had a senior moment ..

Making up for lost time - your suggestion 1 by 1:
    1. Think that has been achieved with the Group installation
    2. Looked at my up to date Pre2 and did NOT see ability to set duration when creating new event - looks just like TP UBERCALENDAR
    3. Agree!
    4. Works for - It is always checked, the way I set it
    5. Disagree, sort of:
    -- Move the Group button to the bottom
    -- I find it quicker to make a quick change (overriding my selected Group) using "the ugly bar" than to select a different group so like it where it is
    -- The bar is needed for those (most users, I suggest) not using Groups
    -- I suggest: Make the top bar go away if user has activated Groups AND makes selection to make bar go away
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 02/16/2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typos
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Thanks for your answer.

That's exactly what I was begining to think while reading your explanations.
    Users could let it set to 'None' i.e. the calendar just opens based on the individual toggled calendars at last app closure, or set it with the group name they want to be selected at start (analog to the way the setting for initial view works).
    @frantid

Are you gonna do it? Huh? Huh?

(Imagine little hyperactive puppy bouncing around the "big dog", panting away. Old time movie cartoon characters!)
    Dave
  8.    #848  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    @frantid

Are you gonna do it? Huh? Huh?

(Imagine little hyperactive puppy bouncing around the "big dog", panting away. Old time movie cartoon characters!)

Yes. Actually, I did all except for: #5, because it can't be done; #1 should work already.

For #2. On the phones go into where you change the time of an event. Then tap/hold on the underlined description of the event length, then you can set the duration based off of start (tap) or end time (hold). There's a preference for changing the link to the '@' symbol in the subject title display.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  9.    #849  
    Updated first post to 1-9.

Added duration buttons to edit event scene.

Made it so agenda will remember last used settings for "All calendars" and "All day" after restart of calendar app.

Added option for shrinking agenda width, must slingshot the calendar app for it to take effect.

Added option for start up group on calendar launch.

Thanks for testing.

Made it so agenda will remember last used settings for "All calendars" and "All day" after restart of calendar app.

Added option for shrinking agenda width, must slingshot the calendar app for it to take effect.

Thanks for testing.
    IT ALL WORKS FINE FOR ME!

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!

This last set of changes, plus the compression addition has changed the way I use UC - for the BETTER. Used to live in Month view with the left pane proving details and no room for the mini month. Now I live in the week view, use the mini month for quick navigation and all is well with the world for me!

Thanks again for all you have done - making the "calendar" into SUPER UBERCALENDAR TO THE MAX.

Dave
    IT ALL WORKS FINE FOR ME!

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!

This last set of changes, plus the compression addition has changed the way I use UC - for the BETTER. Used to live in Month view with the left pane proving details and no room for the mini month. Now I live in the week view, use the mini month for quick navigation and all is well with the world for me!

Thanks again for all you have done - making the "calendar" into SUPER UBERCALENDAR TO THE MAX.

@frantid

With the posing of the 1-8 patch on the first page, the "email this" option did not appear - FYI

Thanks, also, for the heads up on how to set duration on the phones, and the addition of that capability in UC HD
    Dave
  12.    #852  
    I think the forum needs to be tweaked, something is broken.

@frantid

With the posing of the 1-8 patch on the first page, the "email this" option did not appear - FYI

Thanks, also, for the heads up on how to set duration on the phones, and the addition of that capability in UC HD
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Welcome in weekview!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Thanks for testing.
    Thank you very much, frantid, this is just awesome. It works like a charm, as usual!

Just one question, and one request.

The question: within the newly added strings, I found the "Hello" string. Can you tell me in wich context it is used so I can translate it properly?
    {name:"duraPopup", kind:enyo.PopupList, onSelect:"duraChosen", items: [{caption: $L("Hello"), value:"hi"}
    Or is it just a Dummy content? In this case, the $L() is unnecessary.

The request: for the shrinked agenda pane width, I need to make a shorter translation for the string "All Day" for some languages (in french, the default translation is 16 characters long!). Could you please use the string "All day" instead for the agenda pane? This would allow me to make a different, shorter, translation for this purpose.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  15.    #855  
    Thank you very much, frantid, this is just awesome. It works like a charm, as usual!

Just one question, and one request.

The question: within the newly added strings, I found the "Hello" string. Can you tell me in wich context it is used so I can translate it properly?
    {name:"duraPopup", kind:enyo.PopupList, onSelect:"duraChosen", items: [{caption: $L("Hello"), value:"hi"}
    Or is it just a Dummy content? In this case, the $L() is unnecessary.
    Yes, it's just dummy content for the constructor function.

The request: for the shrinked agenda pane width, I need to make a shorter translation for the string "All Day" for some languages (in french, the default translation is 16 characters long!). Could you please use the string "All day" instead for the agenda pane? This would allow me to make a different, shorter, translation for this purpose.
    I'll change it.

Thanks.

16.    #856  
    Updated first post to 1-10. Translation fixes. You don't need to update from 1-9, unless you need the translation changes.

cheers.

Welcome in weekview!
    Merci!

Dave
  18.    #858  
    Preware has been updated with the latest version. You do not have to update if you are using the latest local patch. They are the same version though the version numbers differ.

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i don't like, that the entries now are uncoloured, all in black and white. and the whole day events are not shown anymore in day-view and week-view. in month-view there are no (!) events shown.
    theres something bricked with ubercalendar.
    :-(
  20.    #860  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    i don't like, that the entries now are uncoloured, all in black and white. and the whole day events are not shown anymore in day-view and week-view. in month-view there are no (!) events shown.
    theres something bricked with ubercalendar.
    :-(
    I don't think I'd like that either.

Try to uninstall it and restart luna, then reinstall.