4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Scroll your calendars to the left, there should be a work week setting for each group. Should work.
    Where should I do that? in the 'Edit groups' scene? I can't find it.
    I must be dumb!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  2.    #822  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Where should I do that? in the 'Edit groups' scene? I can't find it.
    I must be dumb!
    Yes edit groups. It should be in the same position that it is in the normal view. Looks the same as well.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  3.    #823  
    Preware has been updated to the latest version with the compressed view options. Because of the new per view settings, you have to go in and turn on the enhanced view and icons, etc. To see the all changes you have to switch out of the view then back after setting the preferences. Some happen right away, but others require this switching.

You do not need to update if you are using the latest local version. They are the same though the version numbers differ.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Yes edit groups. It should be in the same position that it is in the normal view. Looks the same as well.
    Sorry, we must be misunderstanding ourselves.
    I attached what I see in the edit groups scene.
    Where should I see a workweek setting?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  5.    #825  
    Sorry, we must be misunderstanding ourselves.
    I attached what I see in the edit groups scene.
    Where should I see a workweek setting?
    It should be the 5th toggle in the group listings.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Wow! This one was really not obvious to me.
    The transation I made was too long to display, and I just tought it was some sort of Google calendar that i had forgotten about.
    To make it more understandable, wouldn't it be better to use a checkbox?
    I mean, as workweek is disabled by default, and represented with the same square containing a 'minus' sign, it's really confusing.
    I attached a mockup wich I thing would be more understable. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

7.    #827  
    Wow! This one was really not obvious to me.
    The transation I made was too long to display, and I just tought it was some sort of Google calendar that i had forgotten about.
    To make it more understandable, wouldn't it be better to use a checkbox?
    I mean, as workweek is disabled by default, and represented with the same square containing a 'minus' sign, it's really confusing.
    I attached a mockup wich I thing would be more understable. What do you think?
    I did try to use a check box at first. It wouldn't render correctly. They made a custom widget to make the calendar toggles, which causes problems when I tried to use a standard widget.

I did try to hide the calendar list at first as well. But it is the thinking part of the calendar that controls which events get displayed. If it is not showing then the calendar fails to render. I could try to shrink horizontally it, but it would always have to have the black bar.

I'm afraid there's not much I can do to hide it.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    One last thing... (before I begin getting on your nerves)

I just noticed the following:
    - I set up 3 calendar groups, named 'Work', 'Private' and 'All'
    - I set 'Work' to display as workweek, and the others as full week.
    - After exiting the groups settings view, I set the group button on the main week view to 'Work'. That's the setting I use 95% of the time.
    - When I close the calendar app and re-open it, I get back in week view, with 'Work' group selected, and displayed as workweek.
    - But, after closing the app by slingshotting it, of after a device restart, the setting is not memorized: The calendar app opens in weekview (as set in UC prefs) with the calendars corrsponding to my work settings, but the upper right button does not show 'Work' but 'Groups', and the weekview in not displayed as workweek. I have to reselect my 'Work' group each time.
    Could you fix this?
    Last edited by Kratus; 02/11/2012 at 05:10 AM.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I did try to use a check box at first. It wouldn't render correctly. They made a custom widget to make the calendar toggles, which causes problems when I tried to use a standard widget.

I'm afraid there's not much I can do
    Thanks for trying.
    On my side, I slightly changed the translations to make it more obvious.
    I hope it won't confuse too much people that way.

10.    #830  
    One last thing... (before I begin getting on your nerves)

I just noticed the following:
    - I set up 3 calendar groups, named 'Work', 'Private' and 'All'
    - I set 'Work' to display as workweek, and the others as full week.
    - After exiting the groups settings view, I set the group button on the main week view to 'Work'. That's the setting I use 95% of the time.
    - When I close the calendar app and re-open it, I get back in week view, with 'Work' group selected, and displayed as workweek.
    - But, after closing the app by slingshotting it, of after a device restart, the setting is not memoried: The calendar app opens in weekview (as set in UC prefs) with the calendars corrsponding to my work settings, but the upper right button does not show 'Work' but 'Groups', and the weekview in not displayed as workweek. I have to reselect my 'Work' group each time.
    Could you fix this?
    Unfortunately, monitoring which toggles are selected takes too many iterations. It's not bad when you have 3-4 calendars, but it still becomes a lot if you have 3-4 groups as well. Javascript doesn't have an efficient array comparison. So you have to iterate over each member of the array to determine if it matches. This iteration has to occur for each group something like: (numCals! * numGroups) ~ 72 iterations for your configuration.

This is why it goes back to "UC groups" at start up, to avoid the cost of determining which group is selected -- if any is selected.

It would be easier if it was like the phones and you couldn't toggle calendars on or off at any time. But I don't think it would be good to remove this functionality.

If you set the default work week on, it will always start up in work week mode. Then if you only use the group selector to choose which calendars are displayed it will switch the work week as you want it to behave.

Maybe I should create a start up group preference, that way I avoid the iterations but provide the functionality???

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks for your answer.
    Maybe I should create a start up group preference, that way I avoid the iterations but provide the functionality???
    That's exactly what I was begining to think while reading your explanations.
    Users could let it set to 'None' i.e. the calendar just opens based on the individual toggled calendars at last app closure, or set it with the group name they want to be selected at start (analog to the way the setting for initial view works).

Thanks for your answer.

That's exactly what I was begining to think while reading your explanations.
    Users could let it set to 'None' i.e. the calendar just opens based on the individual toggled calendars at last app closure, or set it with the group name they want to be selected at start (analog to the way the setting for initial view works).
    I vote YES, also!

Nice job - both of you!
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    I vote YES, also!

Nice job - both of you!
    Latest update on TMC and disappearing UC settings.

My latest conclusion (verified with 2 days of testing) is that Wall Switch was the trigger culprit - remo=ved it for 2 days and no problems.

Have since installed Wall Paper Slide Show HD and got the same functionality -- and no TMC and no loss of UC settings

FYI - to close out the open issue (mine, not yours).
    Dave
    UC issue ....

I woke up my TP this morning, switched to the "open for 30+ hours" instance of UC - only to find that the Agenda pane was empty of data.

Nothing I tried would bring it back - tried: switching day - week month; tapping the refresh button; etc.

Did a fling off (not slingshot) and then tapped icon, UC popped immediately back into existence - with the agenda pane fully, properly populated.

Will advise if this anomaly repeats - but will take a few days to do so.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 02/11/2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: typo - gotta learn to proof prior to post - BAG
    Dave
  15.    #835  
    UC issue ....

I woke up my TP this morning, switched to the "open for 30+ hours" instance of UC - only to find that the Agenda pane was empty of data.

Nothing I tried would bring it back - tried: switching day - week month; tapping the refresh button; etc.

Did a fling off (not slingshot) and then tapped icon, UC popped immediately back into existence - with the agenda pane fully, properly populated.

Will advise if this anomaly repeats - but will take a few days to do so.
    Interesting. Did the calendar have events as well or was it empty -- you would have had to move at least 2 swipes in one direction to test if the data was live? The agenda data could have been garbage collected I guess. Can't say I ever tested leaving it alone for that long while open.

If you get it to occur again, start lumberjack and put in "calendar" for custom. Then try to see if you can get it to refresh the agenda list. Then retrieve the log.

Thanks.

Interesting. Did the calendar have events as well or was it empty -- you would have had to move at least 2 swipes in one direction to test if the data was live? The agenda data could have been garbage collected I guess. Can't say I ever tested leaving it alone for that long while open.

If you get it to occur again, start lumberjack and put in "calendar" for custom. Then try to see if you can get it to refresh the agenda list. Then retrieve the log.

Thanks.
    There was data in all 3 views - day, week, month and all were positioned to the proper day and time (meaning the day to day roll over had occurred.

Unfortunately I was too foggy (no morning coffee yet) to think of side to side swipe of any of the day / week /month views.

Will see if I can get more if it happens again.

??? lumberjack
    - have seen it mentioned, assumed it was a logger of sortrs, but need to know where to find it and its instructions - as i am clueless on that item.
    Dave
  17.    #837  
    There was data in all 3 views - day, week, month and all were positioned to the proper day and time (meaning the day to day roll over had occurred.

Unfortunately I was too foggy (no morning coffee yet) to think of side to side swipe of any of the day / week /month views.

Will see if I can get more if it happens again.

??? lumberjack
    - have seen it mentioned, assumed it was a logger of sortrs, but need to know where to find it and its instructions - as i am clueless on that item.
    It's an app in Preware. Allows you to search and view the log file.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I can no longer display icons in month view. Day and week view work fine. Really like the day and week view compressions. Keep up the great work.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I can no longer display icons in month view. Day and week view work fine. Really like the day and week view compressions. Keep up the great work.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm I am not having this problem??
    Dave
  20.    #840  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Did you turn the preference on underneath month view enhanced?