5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #801  
    Updated first post to 1-7. Fixed scroll to hour in day and week view. Added per view preferences for: enhanced view, show icons, show mini-month. Day and Week also get: show alarm icons, shrink views (normal, small, medium, strong).

For local patches you must uninstall, restart Luna then reinstall, restart Luna. You CANNOT update a local patch. In 3.0.5 you MUST use webOS QI 4.4.0 (or higher) or file manager 2.0.8 (or higher) to successfully install or uninstall a local patch.

thanks for testing.

edit: because of the new per view settings, you have to go in and turn on the enhanced view and icons, etc. To see the all changes you have to switch out of the view then back after setting the preferences. Some happen right away, but others require this switching.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Awesome!
    I was soooo missing this feature on my Touchpad!
    With compreseed week view, we can now talk about professional use of the TP's calendar.
    Thank you soooo much!

Just one thing I noticed:
    When I launch the week-view in landscape orientation (medium compression), it starts displaying at 8 am, wich is my setting as day begin hour (thanks for the timezone bug fix BTW).
    When I turm my TP in portrait orientation, it starts at 4 am, wich is ok as it displays the whole day till midnight.
    But when I turn my TP back to landscape orientation, it remains begining to display at 4 am instead of 8 am.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  3.    #803  
    I'm not sure what I can do about that. Last time I tried watching for rotations it caused problems. I'll look at it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Awesome!
    I was soooo missing this feature on my Touchpad!
    With compreseed week view, we can now talk about professional use of the TP's calendar.
    Thank you soooo much!

Just one thing I noticed:
    When I launch the week-view in landscape orientation (medium compression), it starts displaying at 8 am, wich is my setting as day begin hour (thanks for the timezone bug fix BTW).
    When I turm my TP in portrait orientation, it starts at 4 am, wich is ok as it displays the whole day till midnight.
    But when I turn my TP back to landscape orientation, it remains begining to display at 4 am instead of 8 am.
  4.    #804  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    What I would like with the mini-month view is for it to automatically open and close. I can, of course, do that manually, but if it's not automatic I may as well leave it open all the time.
    I finally did the per view preferences, so you can set this now if you use the latest test version.

It will be a little bit before it's tested stable and posted to preware.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  5.    #805  
    I believe the only UC feature missing now on the TP is templates.

I use them on the phones. However, I find using copy on the TP is just as easy and fast for me. So I really haven't missed them that much.

What do you guys think, are templates needed on the TP?

I might just do it for completeness sake, but it's pretty low priority for me at the moment.

cheers.

toaste and silverbackdave like this.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post

I use them on the phones. However, I find using copy on the TP is just as easy and fast for me. So I really haven't missed them that much.

I might just do it for completeness sake, but it's pretty low priority for me at the moment.

cheers.
    I agree. I didn't miss templates on the TP.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  7.    #807  
    Updated first post to 1-8. Added watch for rotations so it will scroll to set hour after rotation. Seems to be okay, in 3.0.4 this would cause the SQL bug after rotation. Looks like it's fixed.

For local patches you must uninstall, restart Luna then reinstall, restart Luna. You CANNOT update a local patch. In 3.0.5 you MUST use webOS QI 4.4.0 (or higher) or file manager 2.0.8 (or higher) to successfully install or uninstall a local patch.
    Updated first post to 1-7. Fixed scroll to hour in day and week view. Added per view preferences for: enhanced view, show icons, show mini-month. Day and Week also get: show alarm icons, shrink views (normal, small, medium, strong).

thanks for testing.

edit: because of the new per view settings, you have to go in and turn on the enhanced view and icons, etc. To see the all changes you have to switch out of the view then back after setting the preferences. Some happen right away, but others require this switching.
    AWESOME!!!! Says it all - this was the last thing missing - you hit a home run.

1-8 is working fine!

THANKS!
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.

cheers.
    I feel the same as you and Kratus - templates are NOT needed, the alternatve copy does it just fine.

As Tony Soprano would say : "fugeddaboudit!"
    Dave
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Added watch for rotations so it will scroll to set hour after rotation.
    Works great for me, both in day and week views, THANKS.

Odd, what are you running to get TMC errors? I have yet to see one on the TP. If the other app is also using cookies as storage it could explain it.
    Update on my TMC problem:

It seems to have vanished! 23 Cards open and no sign of the TMC problem.

I made a "novice" testing mistake, however - changed 2 things at one time - so not sure which caused the TMC to vanish - but am sorta sure.

A. REPLACING PATCHES:
    Back before 3.0.5 it seemed to be OK to update the local UC path as follows: use Perware to remove the old version, then use InternalZ and the emailed new version to do the new install - then to do the Luna restart. (I think you had indicated skipping the Luna restart after the removal ?)
    So, I blithely ignored you caution to remove, restart, install, restart.
    However, given the vanishing of my settings (cookie) and the TMC issue, I decided to do it the right way with 1-8!!
    B. ANOTHER APP USING COOKIES:
    I looked and turns out the only app that I think might be using cookies is Wall Switch, which, once turned on, survives both Luna and System restarts - it is started each time with no action on my part - and has the right set of photos selected, etc, etc, etc.
    That would seem to point to use of cookies.
    ===================
    == Have opened 23 cards with no TMC - with Wall Switch not turned on.
    == Neither Luna no System restart cause UC setting (Groups) to revert to default - with Wall Switch not turned on.
    However - both of the above are true with Wall Switch turned on.
    So.....
    Either my disregard of the proper updates sequence (now FIXED!!) was the culprit
    or
    ??????????????????????????????
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 02/09/2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    Dave
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Back before 3.0.5 it seemed to be OK to update the local UC path as follows: use Perware to remove the old version, then use InternalZ and the emailed new version to do the new install - then to do the Luna restart. (I think you had indicated skipping the Luna restart after the removal ?)
    That's what i am always doing, even since 3.0.5 (to avoid loosing too much time in restarts) with no problem yet.
    Actually, each time UC gets updated, I do the following:
    - uninstall the previous local UC version with Preware
    - install the new UC patch with Internalz
    - uninstall the previous local UC translation patch version with Preware
    - install the new UC translation patch with Internalz
    - luna restart
    So either I'm a lucky guy, or this was not the issue.

That's what i am always doing, even since 3.0.5 (to avoid loosing too much time in restarts) with no problem yet.
    Actually, each time UC gets updated, I do the following:
    - uninstall the previous local UC version with Preware
    - install the new UC patch with Internalz
    - uninstall the previous local UC translation patch version with Preware
    - install the new UC translation patch with Internalz
    - luna restart
    So either I'm a lucky guy, or this was not the issue.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Problem is .....
    --wonder if frantid made a change that could have caused the problem to disappear
    or
    --the gods/gremlins are messing with my mind and the relief on TMC is just a teaser.

Oh well, I will enjoy it while it lasts - would be nice to not have to do a Doctor.
    Dave
  14.    #814  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Problem is .....
    --wonder if frantid made a change that could have caused the problem to disappear
    or
    --the gods/gremlins are messing with my mind and the relief on TMC is just a teaser.

Oh well, I will enjoy it while it lasts - would be nice to not have to do a Doctor.
    I didn't make any known changes that would affect that I think.

It's a mystery, just hope it keeps working for you. knock on wood.

Did you restore this file? I should have noticed before.
    I replaced this concatenated.jsjsjs $file$ $and$ $then$ $I$ $updated$ $Ubercalendar$ $with$ $the$ $latest$ $version$. $And$ $everything$ $is$ $working$ $fine$ $now$. $I$ $can$ $use$ $Ubercalendar$ $again$. $Thanks$ $again$ $for$ $your$ $support$. $Good$ $job$.
    In the preferences, can you not set the start of day? Both day and week should start the time at this start setting. Does it not for you?
    if I set start time to 1pm and end to 9 pm I see start at 8am and end 4pm in landscape mode.
    I'm in US Eastern standard time zone.. I'm using latest preware release version.3.0.5- 15.
  17.    #817  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuzz View Post
    if I set start time to 1pm and end to 9 pm I see start at 8am and end 4pm in landscape mode.
    I'm in US Eastern standard time zone.. I'm using latest preware release version.3.0.5- 15.
    There's a timezone bug. The fix is being tested and will be updated soon.

Thanks for reporting it.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi frantid,

I would say UC HD still deserves some additions:
    1. I would like the work-week settings to follow the group selection, as implemented on the phones.
    2. Some would certainly like the ability to set event duration, instead of event end time, as on the phones
    3. For my personal taste, the left pane's width could be reduced, just enough to fit the minimonth (could be set via a pref setting)
    4. The 'show all day events' checkbox's state in the left pane is not memorized when the calendar app is relaunched.
    5. I personally find the upper ribon, containing the calendars list is both awfull and a waste of screen real estate. I'd really like to be able to hide it with a pref setting. The groups button could fit in the bottom of the screen

Just in case you want to spend some more time on it.

Thanks again for your awesome work!

19.    #819  
    Hi frantid,

I would say UC HD still deserves some additions:
    1. I would like the work-week settings to follow the group selection, as implemented on the phones.
    Scroll your calendars to the left, there should be a work week setting for each group. Should work.

2. Some would certainly like the ability to set event duration, instead of event end time, as on the phones
    3. For my personal taste, the left pane's width could be reduced, just enough to fit the minimonth (could be set via a pref setting)
    4. The 'show all day events' checkbox's state in the left pane is not memorized when the calendar app is relaunched.
    5. I personally find the upper ribon, containing the calendars list is both awfull and a waste of screen real estate. I'd really like to be able to hide it with a pref setting. The groups button could fit in the bottom of the screen

Just in case you want to spend some more time on it.

Thanks again for your awesome work!
    Always good to have ideas to work with.

There's a timezone bug. The fix is being tested and will be updated soon.

Thanks for reporting it.
    Looks like the time zone bug is now fixed. Thanks! I love this Ap. Should be in ap catolog.