• other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    @frantid

ooops!. (happened again!)

With no change other than a couple of TMC 'caused' TP restarts, all of my Group settings are gone - but the rest of my config for UberCalendar appear to be OK

? ?
    Odd, what are you running to get TMC errors? I have yet to see one on the TP. If the other app is also using cookies as storage it could explain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Odd, what are you running to get TMC errors? I have yet to see one on the TP. If the other app is also using cookies as storage it could explain it.
    I wondered if that might be the case.

All I run is: calendar (UC); email; web; AgendaZ; Tea Reader, Preware, USA Today -- nothing weird.

Have not had the time to research / test what might be causing the TMCs.

They started with 3.0.5 - never had one before except when I first tried to force them - took over 20 Cards simultaneously open to make it happen.

Now they happen with anywhere from 5-9 open, and it seems to be cumulative count of Cards, not just number open now. And, once I get TMC error, I have to do restart - closing Cards does not allow me to open another one. Curious

I also am seeing mysterious slowdowns and pauses.

Just have not had the time to research and see if others are having these problems (via the forum) not to try and pin down what might be the trigger.

I am toying with doing a Doctor and starting from clean slate to build back up all my patches and the mods I have made to the launcher (number of icons, rows, and tabs).

In looking at my patches, I did install one that is labled 3.0.4 (Synch fix for Google Contacts - Alternative 3.0.4-33 moo) and am wondering ???? It was the first patch that popped up and so I did install - now am "afraid" to remove it as it might clo0bber Contacts on removal - not latest AUPT compliant???

May get some time to mess with the TMC next week - now just do restart and then get on with other things.

I'll keep you posted if I can fix the problem with TMCs

Last edited by silverbackdave; 02/04/2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added more info
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  3.    #783  
    I've been playing with trying to shrink day and week. I never use this feature, so I need some opinions.

How big a deal is it that you see the whole day -- all 24hrs? It get's really ugly if I try to do that. Wouldn't you just turn it portrait to get all 24?

Some images to think about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I've been playing with trying to shrink day and week. I never use this feature, so I need some opinions.

How big a deal is it that you see the whole day -- all 24hrs? It get's really ugly if I try to do that. Wouldn't you just turn it portrait to get all 24?

I like it! I like it!
    Current views don't show enough, so I hardly use them (never for day, a bit for week)
    ****Shrunken Day******
    -- just right
    -- and a quick flick will get you to see the missing hours (faster, better than turn to portrait)
    ****Shrunken Week*****
    -- perfect!!!!
    -- makes it super useable
    -- like the week on Pre (where UC always sits (just about always - GRIN)
    -- as above, quick flick get you to missing hours, if needed
    A thought:
    Some centering options would be useful - if doable - to control the "eye on the view" so to speak - what hour to place at the vertical center of the view so users can maximize what they see based on their "shift" / work-play times. Another way: what hour to place at the top of the view - 0500 or 1000 or ??? to make the view most likely to show what ""I" want it to.
    Caution - please preserve the number of Events at the top and keep them at the top regardless of the hours show below -- maybe increase the number a small bit???
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 02/06/2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typos
    Dave
    I like it! I like it!
    Current views don't show enough, so I hardly use them (never for day, a bit for week)
    ****Shrunken Day******
    -- just right
    -- and a quick flick will get you to see the missing hours (faster, better than turn to portrait)
    ****Shrunken Week*****
    -- perfect!!!!
    -- makes it super useable
    -- like the week on Pre (where UC always sits (just about always - GRIN)
    -- as above, quick flick get you to missing hours, if needed
    A thought:
    Some centering options would be useful - if doable - to control the "eye on the view" so to speak - what hour to place at the vertical center of the view so users can maximize what they see based on their "shift" / work-play times. Another way: what hour to place at the top of the view - 0500 or 1000 or ??? to make the view most likely to show what ""I" want it to.
    Caution - please preserve the number of Events at the top and keep them at the top regardless of the hours show below -- maybe increase the number a small bit???
    Forgot to mention - the sizing you show in your example is perfect - I agree to squeeze in more hours would be UGLY!

Dave
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I like the week view a little more than the day view, but both are much more useful as you have altered them. Keep up the great work.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)

Another thought on the day view ...

How about splitting into 2 columns of 12 hours each - 0000 to 1200 and 1200 to 2400?

Fits it all on one page and would be less crowded than the week view - which has plenty of real estate.
    Dave
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Hi frantid,

I live most of the time in week view.
    Your proposal for the compressed week view is very nice. I would say it corresponds to a high compression. I agree with Silverbackdave, it's enough to enable a full view with minimal scrolling.
    As you know, I use medium compression on my phone. I find it is the perfect balance between readability and overview. Typically, I need to have an overview from 8 am to 10 pm when in landscape mode.
    So high compression would be what you proposed, and medium compression what I usually use. Can you do that?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  9.    #789  
    Another thought on the day view ...

How about splitting into 2 columns of 12 hours each - 0000 to 1200 and 1200 to 2400?

Fits it all on one page and would be less crowded than the week view - which has plenty of real estate.
    I don't think I can technically do this one, just too far from how the calendar works. Interesting idea though.

A thought:
    I think this can be done by choosing the start and end time of the day. The calendar will scroll to the start time by default. Unless it has today in the view and you have scroll to current time on.

edit: I wasn't planning on modifying the all day event area. If that's what you are asking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi frantid,

I live most of the time in week view.
    Your proposal for the compressed week view is very nice. I would say it corresponds to a high compression. I agree with Silverbackdave, it's enough to enable a full view with minimal scrolling.
    As you know, I use medium compression on my phone. I find it is the perfect balance between readability and overview. Typically, I need to have an overview from 8 am to 10 pm when in landscape mode.
    So high compression would be what you proposed, and medium compression what I usually use. Can you do that?
    I can try to do this. The screenshot are at 50% compression. I can try a little less. I'm a bit constrained by how the calendar sets up it's events. This was just a "hard coded" test to see how many places I had to modify to make it work. The factor of 0.5 fit without difficult, but I'll try some others in between.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  10.    #790  
    Preware has been updated.

You do not need to update if you have the latest local version installed. They are the same though the version numbers may differ.

cheers.

I also keep week view on my Pre2 at medium - just the right read/space balance.

All you propose is SUPER! Can't wait to see / use the compressed views.

THANKS FOR ALL YOU DID, DO, WILL DO!
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 02/07/2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: REMOVED UNINTENDED QUOTE
    Dave
    I love what I'm seeing on my touchpad. Only feature from other patch I had to remove was Maverick's "SetWeekView8am" which shows the week view for 8am to 5pm. Very handy for business calendar users. Would love to see that incorporated in Ubercalendar.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I can try to do this. The screenshot are at 50% compression. I can try a little less. I'm a bit constrained by how the calendar sets up it's events. This was just a "hard coded" test to see how many places I had to modify to make it work. The factor of 0.5 fit without difficult, but I'll try some others in between.
    Thanks.

I just did some metrics: on the stock calendar, one hour is represented with 59 pixels. We have 500 pixels screen height real estate with UC in landscape mode. So displaying my "medium" compressed view with 14 hours visible in a glance (from 8 am to 10 pm for example) would mean that we have to replace 14*59=826 pixels height with 500 i.e a factor of 0.60 or a compression of 40%.
    With the same 40% compression in portrait orientation, where we have 758 pixels screen heigth, we will see 758/59/0.60=21 hours at a glance.
    I think this 40% compression ratio would be pefect.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuzz View Post
    I love what I'm seeing on my touchpad. Only feature from other patch I had to remove was Maverick's "SetWeekView8am" which shows the week view for 8am to 5pm. Very handy for business calendar users. Would love to see that incorporated in Ubercalendar.
    Yes, this would be nice.
    At this point, we can only choose between
    - day beggining at 0:00
    or
    - jump to current hour

My use case, in week viev, is to have the calendar beginning at 8 am (or whatever I set as day begin hour)

Tuzz likes this.
    Yes, this would be nice.
    or
    - jump to current hour

My use case, in week viev, is to have the calendar beginning at 8 am (or whatever I set as day begin hour)
    i agree
  16.    #796  
    Yes, this would be nice.
    or
    - jump to current hour

i agree
    In the preferences, can you not set the start of day? Both day and week should start the time at this start setting. Does it not for you?

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    In the preferences, can you not set the start of day? Both day and week should start the time at this start setting. Does it not for you?
    Oh, sorry, I did not notice you worked this around.
    Yes, if I do not set 'jump to current hour', it does it.
    However, with a little bug: with day start set to 8 am, it sets the calendar display start to 9 am. Probably a timezone issue. I am in GMT+1 (Paris) timezone.

18.    #798  
    Oh, sorry, I did not notice you worked this around.
    Yes, if I do not set 'jump to current hour', it does it.
    However, with a little bug: with day start set to 8 am, it sets the calendar display start to 9 am. Probably a timezone issue. I am in GMT+1 (Paris) timezone.
    You're probably right, I'll try to change my timezone and see how it looks.

The day view looks over-compressed to me. I'd be happy with a 12-hour viewing window in landscape. I could see how others might prefer a 16-hour window, however.

The week view is better--looks like you've set it to a 13-hour window. Again, 12 hours would be perfect for my purposes.

As for the start time mechanism, this needs some work regardless. I have the "start at current time" turned off, with my day starting at 8:00 AM. When I start up Calendar (always in week view), it starts at 3 AM instead of 8. Some kind of an offset or time zone issue, perhaps? I am in U.S. Eastern time zone (GMT-5).
  20.    #800  
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I'm still playing with it. So far I've got, all landscape - rough estimates:

normal - 8:00 to 16:30 ~ 8.5hrs
    small - 8:00 to 19:00 ~ 11.0 hrs
    medium - 8:00 to 21:00 ~ 13 hrs
    strong - 7:00 to 24:00 ~ 17 hrs

The main problem is a lot of the graphics don't like odd ratios (in the pixel heights). i.e. hour markers, current time indicator, borders of events, time markers etc.