• google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Well, I did not install the patch yet, I was just reading the last posts to catch up what happened during my holliday.

I shot a little video with my pre2 so you can see what happens on my TouchPad when I switch between day and week view, with the stock 3.0.2 calendar.
    Here is the link to my video: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10176361/CIMG0128.mp4
    Thanks, looks like the delay is when it gets the events or getting the events. Anyway that you could post a log?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasimpson90 View Post
    Well just installed the patch and come across a few issues. The patch looks really nice may I add.
    thanks
    First is the sliding panels. If I minimize the small left one so that I can just see the whole day it doesn't render properly and you can still see a little of the panel behind.
    that's by design, you think it would be better totally hidden? Perhaps once I get familiar with the preferences, I will have to add a preference?

When you change orientation with small panel out on the left, to vertical orientation the date doesn't render properly you have overlapping text
    Can you please post a screenshot of that?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Can you please post a screenshot of that?
    I remembered how to make the emulator rotate, I don't need a screenshot. Thanks for the report.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    that's by design, you think it would be better totally hidden? Perhaps once I get familiar with the preferences, I will have to add a preference?
    Yes, I would like it to be totally hidden too.
    As a preference, everyone could choose...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks, looks like the delay is when it gets the events or getting the events. Anyway that you could post a log?
    Here is what Lumberjack recorded as I switched from day to week view.
    Code:
    [2011-08-15 12:49:07] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: com.palm.app.calendar: calendar.day.DayView.calendarsChanged():  ^INo weekEvents available for:  Mon Aug 15 2011 00:00:00 GMT+0200 (CEST) ^I, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$07$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$warning$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$calendarsChanged$():  ^$INo$ $weekEvents$ $available$ $for$:  $Tue$ $Aug$ $16$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$07$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$warning$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$calendarsChanged$():  ^$INo$ $weekEvents$ $available$ $for$:  $Wed$ $Aug$ $17$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$07$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$warning$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$calendarsChanged$():  ^$INo$ $weekEvents$ $available$ $for$:  $Thu$ $Aug$ $18$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$07$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$warning$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$calendarsChanged$():  ^$INo$ $weekEvents$ $available$ $for$:  $Fri$ $Aug$ $19$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$07$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$warning$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$calendarsChanged$():  ^$INo$ $weekEvents$ $available$ $for$:  $Sat$ $Aug$ $20$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$07$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$warning$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$calendarsChanged$():  ^$INo$ $weekEvents$ $available$ $for$:  $Sun$ $Aug$ $21$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$11$] ($mojolocation$[$2836$]) $user$.$debug$: [$com$.$palm$.$location$] $No$ $IsCellInfoPresnt$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$11$] ($mojolocation$[$2836$]) $user$.$debug$: [$com$.$palm$.$location$] ===========$UploadEngine$ $UpdateWithCellWifiInfo$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$11$] ($mojolocation$[$2836$]) $user$.$debug$: [$com$.$palm$.$location$] $wifitimestamp$ $is$ $set$ $to$ $1313412043$.$000000$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$11$] ($mojolocation$[$2836$]) $user$.$debug$: [$com$.$palm$.$location$] ******** $IsNewCellInfo$ $has$ $empty$ $from$ $cell$ 
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$11$] ($mojolocation$[$2836$]) $user$.$debug$: [$com$.$palm$.$location$] $Misses$ $are$ $0$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$11$] ($mojolocation$[$2836$]) $user$.$debug$: [$com$.$palm$.$location$] $IsNewWifiInfo$ $0$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$12$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$notice$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$weekEventsChanged$():  ^$IRendering$ [ $5$ ] $events$ $for$ [ $Mon$ $Aug$ $15$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ]^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$12$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$notice$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$weekEventsChanged$():  ^$IRendering$ [ $9$ ] $events$ $for$ [ $Tue$ $Aug$ $16$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ]^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$12$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$notice$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$weekEventsChanged$():  ^$IRendering$ [ $6$ ] $events$ $for$ [ $Wed$ $Aug$ $17$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ]^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$12$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$notice$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$weekEventsChanged$():  ^$IRendering$ [ $7$ ] $events$ $for$ [ $Thu$ $Aug$ $18$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ]^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$12$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$notice$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$weekEventsChanged$():  ^$IRendering$ [ $7$ ] $events$ $for$ [ $Fri$ $Aug$ $19$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ]^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$12$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$notice$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$weekEventsChanged$():  ^$IRendering$ [ $3$ ] $events$ $for$ [ $Sat$ $Aug$ $20$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ]^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    [$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:$12$] ($LunaSysMgr$) $user$.$notice$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$: $calendar$.$day$.$DayView$.$weekEventsChanged$():  ^$IRendering$ [ $1$ ] $events$ $for$ [ $Sun$ $Aug$ $21$ $2011$ $00$:$00$:$00$ $GMT$+$0200$ ($CEST$) ]^$I$, $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$0$.$10$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$75$
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    You could use colored squares for your icons. But if I understand you, you want the whole line of the event highlighted in a color? You're setting the event color in google calendars on the web interface?
    Yes, exactly. The colored icons would work for me as that was how I differentiated jobs on my old Palms.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Here is what Lumberjack recorded as I switched from day to week view.
    Code:
    [2011-08-15 12:49:07] (LunaSysMgr) user.warning: com.palm.app.calendar: calendar.day.DayView.calendarsChanged():  ^INo weekEvents available for:  Sun Aug 21 2011 00:00:00 GMT+0200 (CEST) ^I, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$

[$2011$-$08$-$15$ $12$:$49$:12] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.calendar: calendar.day.DayView.weekEventsChanged():  ^IRendering [ 1 ] events for [ Sun Aug 21 2011 00:00:00 GMT+0200 (CEST) ]^I, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$75$
    There's your 5 secs between query and render, so something is causing your event query to take 5 secs. How long does it take on your emulator -- assuming you have the same accounts?

....to me would be to attach files to an event. but not only existing files, i would like to be able to make an event , click on "take picture" or "record message" or choose email or whatever and activat the recording, caputring, watever function, do the work and close and save.
    i would be paying for that functionality on top of what the ubercalendar does on the pre
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    Yes, exactly. The colored icons would work for me as that was how I differentiated jobs on my old Palms.
    You can use colored squares as the patch is now. You just have to get the png files for your colors. Use MS paint or similar and make 12 x 12 pixel colored squares, save file as "icon-name.png". Then place in /media/internal/.scrims/ubercalendar/". In you event note field add "ICON=name;" The icons will show up.

10.    #70  
    Updated to 1-7:

Made the sliding pane completely cover the left when closed -- after looking at the rotated emulator I saw we need all the pixels we can get. Gained a few pixels in the (edit: right pane) by modifying margins, etc. Add a method to resize events on rotation and panes sliding.

@all new poll voters, you don't have to vote for "date picker in edit view" as that one is completed. Pick something else so I know what is needed next. Thanks.
    Last edited by frantid; 08/15/2011 at 02:41 PM.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    ....to me would be to attach files to an event. but not only existing files, i would like to be able to make an event , click on "take picture" or "record message" or choose email or whatever and activat the recording, caputring, watever function, do the work and close and save.
    i would be paying for that functionality on top of what the ubercalendar does on the pre
    That sounds cool. Though I don't think it's possible to add any attachments in any event database. It might be possible to store a link of some kind. Though to be shared it would have to be an internet link service. interesting idea -- I'll have to do some reading, just to see if it's possible.

thanks

Oh sorry didn't realize, erm I carn't really make my mind up on that topic so I think maybe adding a preference would be a good idea, but I think if it's done intentionally, that is something people will live because it's a little arbitrary, in my opinion.
  13.    #73  
    I'll make a preference. You can try the new one and see if you like it better.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    There's your 5 secs between query and render, so something is causing your event query to take 5 secs. How long does it take on your emulator -- assuming you have the same accounts?
    It takes 1.5 seconds or so, on 3.0.0.643 (I'll have to update my emu to 3.0.2 in the coming days)

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I have tried a couple versions, last one I tried was 1-4 but after a short time using them, I uninstall them. The time delay changing days or even scrolling down a day is pretty lengthy. It just lags terrible. Much more peppy without patch. Anyone else seeing this?
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    I just installed the patch and will play with it over the next week. I'm really liking it so far. I would be interested in being able to color code my calendar.

I'm a freelancer and do not have "appointments" but "jobs". A job can be one or more days and there are multiple jobs per month. I'd like each job to be a separate color which is easier for me to see at a quick glance when someone asks about my availability. The Google calendar has this ability to a degree but I'd like the month view to show a whole block of color not just the line of text (I hope I explained that well).

Thanks for bringing back features I had in my old Handspring Visor and Tungsten T5 that I really missed.
    So far, there's no way to do what you want - have multiple jobs, color coded, complex timing, and integrated into Calendar. The last one is the kicker. There are quite a few decent job / project tracking / planning apps in the catalog that do everything you want but is maintained in the apps calendar & not the webOS calendar.

Part of this is because of Synergy permissions. Only apps with the app-I'd com.palm.xxx can directly access the files - everything else has to use the (woefully inadequate) APIs.

The only app that partially does what you want, within limits, is Outline Tracker. The name is not really indicative of it's function. Yes it does outlines, but its strength is as a task manager. It's a good solution for group scheduling since it can use 37signals.com for online task collaboration instead of just local storage. The big limitation, as far as your requirements, is that it only inserts tasks into the Calendar that have end dates. There is a free version you can try.

Another option is Done! This task manager uses Toodledo.com for online synchronization. Although Done! by itself doesn't place tasks in your Calendar, there is an easy way to import the tasks from Toodledo.com to your Google calendar. The result of this is your jobs WILL show up in Calendar, but they will all be the same color (whatever color you assign to that google calendar). To see the different colors & extra details, you'd have to open Done! In other words, in Calendar, you'd see the time blocked out for jobs (for time management) & the name of the job, but all jobs would be the same color in Calendar.

Done! isn't a perfect solution, but right now, it's the closest option to your requirements.
    Thank you govotsos for the suggestions. :-) I took a look at the apps you suggested but I think they make what I want more complicated than I need. It's not about time management or task tracking. It's just a visual cue to help me quickly differentiate between jobs. Each job is an all day thing so there is no complicated timing to keep track of. frantid suggested creating my own color-coded icons which is more inline with the old Datebook software I'm trying to mimic.

I'm actually searching through some old back-ups looking for my old Datebook icon collection to see if I can convert them for use with Uber Calendar.

If push comes to shove I can stick with he Google Calendar in the browser.

Thanks again for your suggestions.
  18.    #78  
    I'm not sure why yours is slow. You should try the latest. I made some changes that keep it from refreshing unless needed. It should never slow the scroll up and down in the same day. There isn't any code that gets called when you do that. If you notice a repeatable pattern let me know. Kratus's TP also has a 5 sec delay in switching views without the patch, does yours look like his?

Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    I have tried a couple versions, last one I tried was 1-4 but after a short time using them, I uninstall them. The time delay changing days or even scrolling down a day is pretty lengthy. It just lags terrible. Much more peppy without patch. Anyone else seeing this?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I tried 1-7 after my post yesterday. It lasted 2 minutes. I really want to run the patch but it is very noticeable how slow the calendar is when the patch is installed.
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    I tried 1-7 after my post yesterday. It lasted 2 minutes. I really want to run the patch but it is very noticeable how slow the calendar is when the patch is installed.
    I just uploaded 1-8, can you try that one and see if there is any improvement. I found some circular logic in the default day view - which is also used to make the week view. If you can try it, and collect some logs, maybe we can figure out what is going on.

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast