4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    not EPR

Emergency Reconstruction Utility
    The Emergency Reconstruction Utility in preware has a date of 6/9/10. Is this compatible with 3.0.5.
  2.    #762  
    it doesn't touch the patches. It just verifies the installed packages.
    it doesn't touch the patches. It just verifies the installed packages.
    Ok. Installed ER utility. No special messages. Did not solve anything :-(
  4.    #764  
    Run the AUSMT system verification.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Run the AUSMT system verification.
    Ok. Installed. No special messages. Preware still thinking that Ubercalendar is installed.
  6.    #766  
    I think you should contact sconix. Make sure you explain that you manually restored the files. Did you restart after.

post the /media/internal/webos-ausmt.log file as an attachment here.
    I think you should contact sconix. Make sure you explain that you manually restored the files. Did you restart after.

post the /media/internal/webos-ausmt.log file as an attachment here.
    OK. I will do that. But now I'm going tot sleep. Thanks for all your support.
  8.    #768  
    Quote Originally Posted by amblh View Post
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$calendar$/$submission$/$42$/$concatenated$.$js$
    |index 2be0db1..181385d 100755
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    Did you restore this file? I should have noticed before.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    It looks like it was part of the way through the uninstall. Have you tried safe or full AUSMT recovery?

Can you post the /media/internal/webos-ausmt.log file?
    Ran AUSMT Recovery - Full, attempted reinstall of UC; reinstall failed. Here's the IPKG log file:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    39 87226 39 34436 0 0 71090 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 85237
    100 87226 100 87226 0 0 130k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 148k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    8 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/prefs/PreferencesView.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/MissedRemindersView.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/EventView.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/Utilities.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekCarousel.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekHeader.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    10 out of 10 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.jsjsjs.$rej$
    6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Unfortunately, the webos-ausmt.log file is way too long to put in a forum post. Is there a specific section that you'd like to see?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    I, prompted by the above, just noticed that also

- in cal showing both weather and events I can jump from 3 to 4 and back to 3 events by toggling weather on and off - and the I con disappears when Item 3 become item 4
    I found out this issue only happens in landscape, but in portrait it shows the 4th icon. Makes one go...hmmm.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  11.    #771  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Ran AUSMT Recovery - Full, attempted reinstall of UC; reinstall failed. Here's the IPKG log file:

Unfortunately, the webos-ausmt.log file is way too long to put in a forum post. Is there a specific section that you'd like to see?
    Hi, you can post it as an attachment to the post. Unfortunately, I won't know exactly where the error is.

You could try using Internalz Pro and look in the directories for the backup files. Then you could rename them to restore the original files.

here's the cleaned up list:
    Files needing restore
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/prefs/PreferencesView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/MissedRemindersView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/EventView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/Utilities.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekCarousel.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekHeader.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.css
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs

12.    #772  
    Updated first post to 3.0.5_1-6. Added pixels padding to headers in month and week views. Fixed 4th month day event not having icon. Applied speed measures as was done to the latest test version of 2.2.x UC for phones.

Anyone still on 3.0.2 or 3.0.4 that wants the local patch files should grab them now. I won't be updating those versions any more. So I'll be deleting those files from the first post. They will still be in Preware feeds for those webOS versions though.

Thanks for testing.

Hi, you can post it as an attachment to the post.[/BOX]
    Yeah, for some reason I couldn't get that to work on my TP (the Browse button on the forum's attachment upload management page was grayed out), but I finally got back to my desktop, so here's the web-ausmt.log file.

...or not. Apparently the upload system doesn't like a *.log extension, so I've renamed it to be a *.txt file.

There you go!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    You could try using Internalz Pro and look in the directories for the backup files. Then you could rename them to restore the original files.[/BOX]
    I want to be sure that I'm clear on this--rename (or delete?) the existing *.jsjsjs $file$ $from$ $the$ $list$ $you$ $gave$ $me$ $and$ $replace$ $it$ $with$ $the$ *.$js$.$webosinternals$.$orig$ $file$ $with$ $the$ $same$ $file$ $name$ $by$ $removing$ $the$ &$quot$;.$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $extension$?

I'd like to give this approach a try while you're looking at the webos-ausmt.log file.
  15.    #775  
    I want to be sure that I'm clear on this--rename (or delete?) the existing *.jsjsjs $file$ $from$ $the$ $list$ $you$ $gave$ $me$
    It's probably safer to rename. Just add .old or something to the end.

and replace it with the *.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ $file$ $with$ $the$ $same$ $file$ $name$ $by$ $removing$ $the$ &$quot$;.$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $extension$?

I'd like to give this approach a try while you're looking at the webos-ausmt.log file.
    Correct erase ".webosinternals.orig"

You could try using Internalz Pro and look in the directories for the backup files. Then you could rename them to restore the original files.
    I restored all of the listed files from their backups except for two that didn't have backups; I left those two files in place.

Files not having backups
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/MissedRemindersView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/EventView.jsjsjs

I then did a luna and, after restart, attempted to install UC again. Again, it failed; this time however, the IPKG log's error list is much shorter than it had been:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 87226 100 87226 0 0 100k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 119k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/MissedRemindersView.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/EventView.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

It looks like we're getting closer. What should I try next?
  17.    #777  
    I restored all of the listed files from their backups except for two that didn't have backups; I left those two files in place.

Files not having backups

It looks like we're getting closer. What should I try next?
    Looks like you will have to get these 2 files from the doctor.

Use 7zip keep opening the largest file until you see the root directory.

Then go here:
    \usr\palm\ipkgs\com.palm.app.calendar\

You will see this file:
    com.palm.app.calendar_3.0.11007_all.ipk

Just double click in 7zip to open it. Following this path by double clicking:
    data.tar.gz\data.tar\.\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.calendar\

then you see the directories and files you need
    /app/reminders/MissedRemindersView.jsjsjs
    /app/shared/EventView.jsjsjs

put them in the correct locations and restart Luna.

Looks like you will have to get these 2 files from the doctor...
    then you see the directories and files you need

/app/reminders/MissedRemindersView.jsjsjs
    /app/shared/EventView.jsjsjs

put them in the correct locations and restart Luna.
    I opened the 3.0.5 doctor with 7-Zip, extracted the two files to a temp folder in Windows, hooked up my TP in USB mode, transferred the files to /media/internal/.temp, renamed the existing files with .old, moved the new files to the proper locations, reinstalled UC, and ran luna; SUCCESS!

Thanks for the (very) patient help on this. Next time I do an UC update, I'll be sure to walk away and just let it do its thing.

Just out of curiosity, is there an easier way to move files to the hidden folders on the TP than shuttling them through /media/internal/ as I did?
  19.    #779  
    Just out of curiosity, is there an easier way to move files to the hidden folders on the TP than shuttling them through /media/internal/ as I did?
    Glad it worked out. There is an easier way, but it's setup is a lot more involved. Hopefully, you won't have to do it again.

@frantid

ooops!. (happened again!)

With no change other than a couple of TMC 'caused' TP restarts, all of my Group settings are gone - but the rest of my config for UberCalendar appear to be OK

? ?
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 02/04/2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: removed unrelated quote
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.