• google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Oops. Just checked. I am at File manager service 2.0.8
  2.    #722  
    First how did you install and how did you uninstall?

Internalz or webOS QI or Preware?

Which did you have first and then try to update?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Yes, you should have (as stated in red in frantid's post).
    This is because the calendar app has now been moved into the media/cryptofs folder, since the webOS 3.0.5 update. As a consequence, the new AUSMT technology has to be used. That's why, before installing local patches with Internalz, you have to update filemgr first.

Not doing it led you to corrupt the calendar files.

To repare this, you must extract all the missing/altered files from the 3.0.5 webOS doctor, using 7-zip, for example, and copy them into media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    First how did you install and how did you uninstall?

Internalz or webOS QI or Preware?

Which did you have first and then try to update?
    I just updated to the the new Ubercalendar HD using preware. I have to admit that I forgot to uninstall the previous version of the patch. So before the problem I was already running a version AUSMT of ubercalendar.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Updated first post 3.0.5_1-5 attempt at fixing calendar app edit scene date change bug.

I just tested, with the same events as this morning, and it know works as expected.
    Thank you very much!

-- Envoyé depuis mon TouchPad avec Communities
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  6.    #726  
    Quote Originally Posted by amblh View Post
    I just updated to the the new Ubercalendar HD using preware. I have to admit that I forgot to uninstall the previous version of the patch. So before the problem I was already running a version AUSMT of ubercalendar.
    So you are up and running?

The general rule is uninstall with what you installed with or Preware. And local .patch files can never be upgraded.

2nd rule is if you want to try a new local testing patch, you must uninstall, restart luna, install with Internalz or webOS QI. (those must be updated to latest version) and restart Luna.

If you get in trouble with 3.0.5, use the AUSMT recovery scripts, do not use EPR.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Yes, you should have (as stated in red in frantid's post).
    This is because the calendar app has now been moved into the media/cryptofs folder, since the webOS 3.0.5 update. As a consequence, the new AUSMT technology has to be used. That's why, before installing local patches with Internalz, you have to update filemgr first.

Not doing it led you to corrupt the calendar files.

To repare this, you must extract all the missing/altered files from the 3.0.5 webOS doctor, using 7-zip, for example, and copy them into media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar.
    I checked with Gemini file manager. In media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/ I only see a directory services. My TP was already updated to the ne AUSMT system and running the previous version of Ubercalendar. I just forgot to uninstall and pressed update in preware.
    So you are up and running?

The general rule is uninstall with what you installed with or Preware. And local .patch files can never be upgraded.

2nd rule is if you want to try a new local testing patch, you must uninstall, restart luna, install with Internalz or webOS QI. (those must be updated to latest version) and restart Luna.

If you get in trouble with 3.0.5, use the AUSMT recovery scripts, do not use EPR.
    No I am not up and running. I forgot to uninstall and pressed update in preware (why is there a button update for patches ?). So now my calendar is not working. Using AgendaZ I still can see my appointments. Is there a solution? I would like to avoid doctoring my TP.
  9.    #729  
    No I am not up and running. I forgot to uninstall and pressed update in preware (why is there a button update for patches ?). So now my calendar is not working. Using AgendaZ I still can see my appointments. Is there a solution? I would like to avoid doctoring my TP.
    You shouldn't have had a problem if you updated from Preware version to Preware version.

You can try the AUSMT basic recovery.

You shouldn't have had a problem if you updated from Preware version to Preware version.

You can try the AUSMT basic recovery.
    I did try this. No solution :-(
    I wish to thank you for your support.
  11.    #731  
    I did try this. No solution :-(
    I wish to thank you for your support.
    Did you try the full or safe options?

Try to run the AUSMT system verification.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I checked with Gemini file manager. In media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/ I only see a directory services. My TP was already updated to the ne AUSMT system and running the previous version of Ubercalendar. I just forgot to uninstall and pressed update in preware.
    You have tu use Internalz. Grmini does not see (yet) the applications folders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    You have tu use Internalz. Grmini does not see (yet) the applications folders.
    Is that the Internalz pro you can find in Preware. Is this TP compatible ?
    Thanks to you and Frantid for your help. I really can use it.

Did the AUSMT verification. Took some time. No messages. Is this normal ?
    I forgot to tell you that the icon from the agenda does not show a date. It looks like an empty calendar page.

This is the info in the log file.

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 7060 100 7060 0 0 18502 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 27686
    identify
    org.webosinternals.ausmt-system-verify
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    Checking package versions...
    Verifying system files...
    File modified with unsupported methods
    file: /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    file: /usr/sbin/suspend_action
    ERROR: Unsupported file modifications detected
    *** FAILED ***
    Removing package org.webosinternals.ausmt-system-verify from root...
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
  16.    #736  
    This is the info in the log file.

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 7060 100 7060 0 0 18502 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 27686
    identify
    org.webosinternals.ausmt-system-verify
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    Checking package versions...
    Verifying system files...
    file: /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    file: /usr/sbin/suspend_action
    ERROR: Unsupported file modifications detected
    *** FAILED ***
    Removing package org.webosinternals.ausmt-system-verify from root...
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    When you attempted to uninstall, did you do it from Preware? It's too bad we don't have the log from the failed update.

I think you may to have to do like kratus said. Manually restore the original files.

17.    #737  
    Also use Internalz Pro, from preware and look into the directory to see if you find any of the backups. It will be easier. They have "...webosinternals.orig" as their ending.

Can you please add a buffer of a few pixels to the left and right edge of the calendar views for the following?
    - Month name in week/month view
    - Week number in week/month view
    - 'SUN' label on month view

Thanks!
  19.    #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguychicago View Post
    Can you please add a buffer of a few pixels to the left and right edge of the calendar views for the following?
    - Month name in week/month view
    - Week number in week/month view
    - 'SUN' label on month view

Thanks!
    I can do that.

Also use Internalz Pro, from preware and look into the directory to see if you find any of the backups. It will be easier. They have "...webosinternals.orig" as their ending.
    Isn't Jason still saying it's better to install Internalz Pro using WOSQI because one of the services doesn't install right with Preware or has that changed?