View Poll Results: Most important feature to port

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • date time picker in edit event

    19 34.55%
  • more snooze and alarm options

    6 10.91%
  • repeat notifications

    4 7.27%
  • templates

    2 3.64%
  • icon picker

    5 9.09%
  • timezone mod

    2 3.64%
  • custom repeats

    3 5.45%
  • week numbering

    5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

    4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

    5 9.09%
Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 963
Like Tree34Likes
  1. #681  
    It was probably the back up of the 3.0.4 file. Makes sense.

    I don't think it was AgendaZ though. I think it just didn't get removed on uninstall before 3.0.5 for some reason.
    Thanks. I updated my comment in the other thread, removing the AgendaZ bit.
  2. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #682  
    It seems we have now the ability to install local patches using AUSMT.

    webOS Quick Install:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...ml#post2850874

    and Internalz Pro:
    http://www.webosnation.com/filemgr-service

    I'll give it a try...

    thanks to Jason.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  3. #683  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    It seems we have now the ability to install local patches using AUSMT.

    webOS Quick Install:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...ml#post2850874

    and Internalz Pro:
    http://www.webosnation.com/filemgr-service

    I'll give it a try...

    thanks to Jason.
    re: Internalz ... That link shows file mgr svcs was updated 01/29 but it does not show in Preware as ready to update. Am I missing something?
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  4. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    re: Internalz ... That link shows file mgr svcs was updated 01/29 but it does not show in Preware as ready to update. Am I missing something?
    I simply installed it with preware (installed, not updated).
    As Jason tweeted, filemgr services is not yet available via the preware feeds.

    Then I could successfully install and uninstall my multilingual translation patch.

    That means we can again test the latest patches localy, Woot!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  5. #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I simply installed it with preware (installed, not updated).
    As Jason tweeted, filemgr services is not yet available via the preware feeds.

    Then I could successfully install and uninstall my multilingual translation patch.

    That means we can again test the latest patches localy, Woot!
    The update is now in Preware, so we can use: email to TP and install via Internalz, initiated via tap on attached file.

    Ready for more testing!
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  6. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #686  
    @frantid,

    I played around a little with the preware 3.0.5 patch: it seems to work flawlessly.
    I'll install it tomorrow to my co-workers, and I'll let you know how it behaves after some days of real life professional use.

    I did'nt find the per-calader alarm feature.
    Isn't it implemented on the TP version yet?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  7.    #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    @frantid,

    I played around a little with the preware 3.0.5 patch: it seems to work flawlessly.
    I'll install it tomorrow to my co-workers, and I'll let you know how it behaves after some days of real life professional use.

    I did'nt find the per-calader alarm feature.
    Isn't it implemented on the TP version yet?
    Thanks for testing. It should be there, you have to turn it on in preferences for you to see the settings.

    Also I just uploaded 1-2 to the first post. It has a few bug fixes for editing group names.

    It has the added feature of alarms follow toggles. So that only toggled on calendars will alert. It will follow group settings, but since the toggles can be set at any time on the TP, it makes more sense to just follow the toggles and not the last chosen group. This is different from the phones. If you only use groups to toggle calendars, then there is no difference.

    edit: order of precedence --

    Disable reminders - if on it will take over from the other 2 alarm settings.
    Alarms follow toggles - "off" or "on"
    Per Calendar alarms - "off" or "on"

    Disable reminders "off"
    Alarms follow toggles - if on it will take over from "Per calendar alarms"
    Per Calendar alarms - "off" or "on"

    Disable reminders "off"
    Alarms follow toggles - "off"
    Per Calendar alarms - "on" - only set calendars will alarm.

    Disable reminders "off"
    Alarms follow toggles - "off"
    Per Calendar alarms - "off" --- all alarms will go off. This is the default setting.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/29/2012 at 02:40 PM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  8. #688  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    @frantic,
    I did'nt find the per-calader alarm feature.
    Isn't it implemented on the TP version yet?
    Click on the Groups button - that feature is at the bottom of the groups scene.

    frantid had some performance advice on its use - back up several pages in this thread.

    Looks like he beat me to it (edited in)
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  9.    #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    The update is now in Preware, so we can use: email to TP and install via Internalz, initiated via tap on attached file.

    Ready for more testing!
    3.0.5_1-2 is now if the first post

    Not that there's any hurry.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  10. #690  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    3.0.5_1-2 is now if the first post

    Not that there's any hurry.
    Hurry? Me hurry? Not likely as I'm retired!

    But.... 5_1-2 has been on my TP since 2 min after you put it on TOP.

    I tested the default group title edit fix - works fine.
    I even understand the hierarchy of alarm switches and actions.

    Will try to test alarm stuff later this week - but you have us spoiled - you featues /changes seem to WORK!!!
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 01/29/2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  11. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #691  
    frantid,

    I just quick-tested the latest version from the first post.
    Could you please add $L() to the "Enabled Alarms" string so it can be translated?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  12. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #692  
    Hi,

    and here is the latest multilingual translation patch.
    Enjoy.

    PS: there are still some german translations missing. I'll add them as soon as Pulp sends them to me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  13.    #693  
    I'll add it. Thanks for catching that, I must have missed it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    frantid,

    I just quick-tested the latest version from the first post.
    Could you please add $L() to the "Enabled Alarms" string so it can be translated?
  14. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #694  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'll add it. Thanks for catching that, I must have missed it.
    you're welcome.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  15.    #695  
    Updated first post 3.0.5_1-3, fix for translation string. You don't have to update unless you need to have the updated translation.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  16. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #696  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Updated first post 3.0.5_1-3, fix for translation string. You don't have to update unless you need to have the updated translation.
    Works!
    Thank you.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  17. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #697  
    The version in Preware has a bug (v3.0.5-7):
    Snoozing doesn't work anymore. When pressing the snooze button on the notification pop-up nothing happens, both the default pop-up window and the window you get when selecting custom snooze times. Dismiss button does work.

    Feature request: If dragging & dropping of events is not possible, can you maybe create a touch and hold option that gets you straight into the detailed (editable) event view instead of the pop-up. Or maybe a different popup window with options like update, delete, duplicate. See for example Checkbook HD, how they have implemented this.
  18.    #698  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    The version in Preware has a bug (v3.0.5-7):
    Snoozing doesn't work anymore. When pressing the snooze button on the notification pop-up nothing happens, both the default pop-up window and the window you get when selecting custom snooze times. Dismiss button does work.
    Is there anything different about the alarms. Can you tell me what your alarm settings are? At what time before the event, what are your repeat interval and max repeat interval and the default snooze options.

    Feature request: If dragging & dropping of events is not possible, can you maybe create a touch and hold option that gets you straight into the detailed (editable) event view instead of the pop-up. Or maybe a different popup window with options like update, delete, duplicate. See for example Checkbook HD, how they have implemented this.
    I'm not sure what you mean with this one. Are you talking about when copying and moving the event? If you are talking about default tapping, there is a preference where you can set to go directly to the edit view from tapping the events.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  19. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #699  
    Thx for the tip about the direct edit option. I had it turned on, but it didn't work. Turning it off and then back on made it work.

    Snoozing doesn't work with any combination I tried (not every possible combination). I varied in start time of the alarm, amount of repeats and time before next reminder.
  20.    #700  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Thx for the tip about the direct edit option. I had it turned on, but it didn't work. Turning it off and then back on made it work.

    Snoozing doesn't work with any combination I tried (not every possible combination). I varied in start time of the alarm, amount of repeats and time before next reminder.
    Do you have any of the minimize log patches installed?

    What type of calendar is this? I've tried hp, google, exchange, yahoo, pocketmirror events I can snooze all of them. Can you try lumberjack and put in "reminders" in the custom field and post the log? Make sure lumberjack is open before an alarm goes off, then try to hit the snooze a few times then retrieve the log in lumberjack.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions