5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    UC HD is now available. I did a quick preware install, restart luna, uninstall restart luna, re-install restart luna. Everything went as it should. I did not try any of the recovery scripts.

So it won't render your calendar useless if you uninstall it.

There are still possibilities for bugs, mostly from my code I would imagine. Unless we get another OTA or app update for the calendar. As always sconix and webosinternals have done a great job. Don't forget to send them your thanks, and for those of you with the means perhaps a donation.

I would consider it a beta patch version for now, but not an Alpha test. I still need more testers for this 3.0.5 version besides myself to declare the patch stable. As I have been the only one using it for the past couple of weeks.

thanks for testing, please post your successes or lack there of with this version.

cheers.
    OK! Have not gotten all my patches installed
    - AND VIA UBERCALENDAR NOW HAVE TRULY FUNCTIONAL CAL AGAIN!

Will now resume testing - all the new stuff integrated into this release - will advise of results / progress.

Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    While we all wait for the new AUSMT patching scripts, I've been having a little bit of fun.

I made an "Advanced copy" option for the people picker in the edit view. With it you can choose which parts of the contact record you want appended/replaced into the note, subject or location fields.

Also put the groups, work week and per calendar alarms.

cheers.
    On 3.0.5 have tested:
    -- Groups - Super feature - Works fine
    -- Work Week - ditto above!
    -- Advanced Copy - This "frantid"tastic (fantastic) feature is out of this world wonderful and works fine.

Still want to test by-calendar alarms, but will put that off for a bit - need to set zside some time (I use my Pre2 for alarms, so this feature is not a driver for me)

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    On 3.0.5 have tested:
    -- Groups - Super feature - Works fine
    -- Work Week - ditto above!
    -- Advanced Copy - This "frantid"tastic (fantastic) feature is out of this world wonderful and works fine.

Still want to test by-calendar alarms, but will put that off for a bit - need to set zside some time (I use my Pre2 for alarms, so this feature is not a driver for me)

A thought: Think about allowing "Default Group" title editable/changeable - some might like to label it "Work" or "Family" or ? - so all the titles could have contextually meaningful names.
    Dave
  4.    #664  
    A thought: Think about allowing "Default Group" title editable/changeable - some might like to label it "Work" or "Family" or ? - so all the titles could have contextually meaningful names.
    You should be able to rename it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    You should be able to rename it.
    My request was based on recollection of trying back during initial testing - and I had not tried again with 3.0.5

So .... I just tried and failed. Can change it in the edit view but shen I hit Save - it does nothing. I have to Cancel

???
    Dave
  6.    #666  
    Odd, did you try to hit save again?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    There is no way currently to do a local patch version for testing, until Jason updates Internalz and webOS QI. So testing will be done with the feed versions.
    Would'nt it be safer, to avoid user complaints, to create a special preware feed just for testing purposes, as described by Jason here?
    HOW TO: Easily setup your own ipkg feed with Dropbox
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    What the flop do I do if I didn't get to this before update and now can't remove or update? :\
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    What the flop do I do if I didn't get to this before update and now can't remove or update? :\
    Open Preware and search for EPR. The install will automatically start it and remove ALL your patches including the bricked once.
    Best you make a list of the patches before, that you know what you need to reinstall afterwards.

HaPe

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Use the Preware saved packages list functionality to keep the list for you.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Would'nt it be safer, to avoid user complaints, to create a special preware feed just for testing purposes, as described by Jason here?
    HOW TO: Easily setup your own ipkg feed with Dropbox
    We need the AUSMT scripts dependency built in and the package made. I'm afraid I have no knowledge of how to do that.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Neither do I, sorry.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    If someone knows SQL and PHP and wants to help us add beta feed selection to the patch portal we would be very happy to hear from them.

-- Rod
    Odd, did you try to hit save again?
    Just tried again - no amount of press save has any effect. If it matters, I have 5 of my own groups set up.

AHA - I made it work by changing the title of default AND making a change to the last of my groups - in the same edit instance. TA DA!
    Dave
    Just tried again - no amount of press save has any effect. If it matters, I have 5 of my own groups set up.

AHA - I made it work by changing the title of default AND making a change to the last of my groups - in the same edit instance. TA DA!
    WRONG! As Fonzy would say: I was W. W. W. Wrong

Turns out you need to manually move/scroll the edit scene after changing the default title and then hit save.

What I did: tapped edit groups, tapped title box for the default, made my change, tapped the KB dismiss, tapped save - no action regardless of number of tries, then manually scrolled the scene up just a bit, hit save -- voile' (sp?)

My prior conclusion about editing the last entry - I was harking back to initial testing and missed the fact that my "edit last" steps included all the steps above, plus the unneeded edit.
    Dave
  16.    #676  
    Turns out you need to manually move/scroll the edit scene after changing the default title and then hit save.

What I did: tapped edit groups, tapped title box for the default, made my change, tapped the KB dismiss, tapped save - no action regardless of number of tries, then manually scrolled the scene up just a bit, hit save -- voile' (sp?)
    Seems to be complications for my putting the input fields in the virtual list. There's probably a reason that they normally don't allow you to do that. I might have to override something else. Luckily, I don't think most will change names that often.

Thanks for the detailed testing and report, it really helps. Plus you even found a work around for a temporary fix!

I'll do some debugging of it.

17. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I can't get this to install. I have used EPR and AUSMT multiple times to remove all trace of other patches, but I still get this error when I try to install ubercalendar.

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 86230 100 86230 0 0 221k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 265k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *** FAILED ***
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  18.    #678  
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM View Post
    I can't get this to install. I have used EPR and AUSMT multiple times to remove all trace of other patches, but I still get this error when I try to install ubercalendar.

6 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    This file seems to be the problem:

usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs

Use Internalz Pro with master mode on to see if there is a backup file named this:

usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$

in this directory:
    usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/

if there is you need to tap on the file, choose info, change the name of the file to:

concatenated.jsjsjs

Save the file, it should ask you to over write the other.

Restart luna and try again.

If the file is not there, get the original file from the 3.0.5 doctor using 7zip, put it in the right directory. The original file is named "concatenated.jsjsjs&$quot$;

This file seems to be the problem:

[HL]usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs

Use Internalz Pro with master mode on to see if there is a backup file named this:

[HL]usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$

in this directory:
    [HL]usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/

if there is you need to tap on the file, choose info, change the name of the file to:

concatenated.jsjsjs

Save the file, it should ask you to over write the other.

Restart luna and try again.

If the file is not there, get the original file from the 3.0.5 doctor using 7zip, put it in the right directory. The original file is named "concatenated.jsjsjs&$quot$;
    Frantid, I tried replacing concatenated.js with concatenated.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ $and$ $this$ $change$ $did$ $not$ $fix$ $the$ $error$. $Only$ $using$ $the$ $original$ $file$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$ $ultimately$ $worked$.
  20.    #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Frantid, I tried replacing concatenated.js with concatenated.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ $and$ $this$ $change$ $did$ $not$ $fix$ $the$ $error$. $Only$ $using$ $the$ $original$ $file$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$ $ultimately$ $worked$.
    It was probably the back up of the 3.0.4 file. Makes sense.

I don't think it was AgendaZ though. I think it just didn't get removed on uninstall before 3.0.5 for some reason.