• other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Hi Kratus,

No worries, it's the holidays after all.

I haven't attempted it. Do you know how we're supposed to submit patches to the alpha feeds? I've been looking, I can't find a way to do it yet. I don't think Jason has updated Internalz or webOS QI to choose the new scripts yet either.
    I did not look at it yet.
    I think the best would be to ask sconix.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Remember this request? .... more months of data in month view agenda.

Well they changed the way the cache works which caused me to redo how UC worked completely. Which is why I was pretty quiet here leading up to the holidays as I was trying to fix things for 3.0.5. I was certain they would release it before them as they did with 2.2.4.

Long story short, the upside is now there is access to the data from the previous, current and next view's data.

So in the UC agenda list in 3.0.5, you get 3 months in month view, 3 weeks in week view and 3 days in day view.

cheers
    Way cool - I live in month view with its companion Agenda view. Guess I will have to "lean on" MetaView to extend AgendaZ to display 60 days GRIN.

(Sorry you HAD to expend the effort, but new TP architecture holds promise - will be glad when the aupt (sp?) stuff is ready, so I can get my UberCalendar back!
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  3.    #643  
    While we all wait for the new AUSMT patching scripts, I've been having a little bit of fun.

I made an "Advanced copy" option for the people picker in the edit view. With it you can choose which parts of the contact record you want appended/replaced into the note, subject or location fields.

Also put the groups, work week and per calendar alarms.

cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    While we all wait for the new AUSMT patching scripts, I've been having a little bit of fun.

I made an "Advanced copy" option for the people picker in the edit view. With it you can choose which parts of the contact record you want appended/replaced into the note, subject or location fields.

Also put the groups, work week and per calendar alarms.

cheers.
    That is a cool addition: Advanced copy!

?? "Also put the groups, work week and per calendar alarms.?? -not sure what you did.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Wow!
    Each time I think UC now integrates each and every nice feature I can think of, you find more cool stuff to add. That's really cool.

On a funny side: I gave TouchPads to some of my co-workers in december, and today they asked me why the caledar has become so bad after the OTA-update.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  6.    #646  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    That is a cool addition: Advanced copy!

?? "Also put the groups, work week and per calendar alarms.?? -not sure what you did.
    I previously had not integrated the pieces you were testing in 3.0.4. I added them to 3.0.5.
  7.    #647  
    Thanks, that is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Wow!
    Each time I think UC now integrates each and every nice feature I can think of, you find more cool stuff to add. That's really cool.

On a funny side: I gave TouchPads to some of my co-workers in december, and today they asked me why the caledar has become so bad after the OTA-update.
    Ok I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here it goes, if I'm in the wrong place please direct me where I should post this.

I (like others) did not removed UC before patching 3.0.5.
    I read the last couple pages here to find out the instructions for fixing.
    Followed instuctions here: UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch
    Got to Here:
    - Pull down the menu in the top left corner of the screen & select Saved Packages
    - HERE'S AN IMPORTANT STEP - scroll through the list that comes up on screen. You need to delete any calendar patches other than UberCalendar and the Advanced Calendar patch. You do this by swiping the entry to the right & tapping the Delete button that appears in it's place.

At this time I noticed there was no UberCalendar or Advanced Calendar patch options in my list, I did have it before and tried removing UC but got that error (before using EPR).
    Now on my Preware list there isnt even a Patches selection in Type as there was before and if I run EPR again it says there is no patches.

So my questions are:
    Is the UC patch removed or just lost/corrupt location ?
    Should I be seeing a Patches spot in Preware to be able to install UC or any other patch or are those out right now due to the changes in 3.0.5?
  9.    #649  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quazgar View Post
    So my questions are:
    Is the UC patch removed or just lost/corrupt location ?
    I think it is now removed. EPR did not error right?

Should I be seeing a Patches spot in Preware to be able to install UC or any other patch or are those out right now due to the changes in 3.0.5?
    There are no patches out for 3.0.5 as we await the new solution. sconix is working on it. Watch this thread here:

Important notice about patches and 3.0.5
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    No EPR did not error,

tnx for the response
    I have realized over the last week how much the native calendar stinks -- i reallly appreciate your efforts here -- 3.0.5?
    waiting patiently
    thanks again
    Rob
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    toaste, davidtm, brum and 1 others like this.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi frantid,
    It seems AUSMT is now up and running. I tried to apply my translation patch in Media/cryptofs on webOS 3.0.5 after installing AUSMT scripts. I got a success message, and I could check the file has actually been patched succesfully by opening it using InternalZ.
    So I think you can bring on the 3.0.5 goodness.

13.    #653  
    Hi Kratus,

How did you install it, with Internalz? I checked for an update for it, but couldn't find one. Sconix said it would have to be updated to work with AUSMT. Can you uninstall it, and does it put back the original file?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to submit it.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi Kratus,

How did you install it, with Internalz? I checked for an update for it, but couldn't find one. Sconix said it would have to be updated to work with AUSMT. Can you uninstall it, and does it put back the original file?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to submit it.
    yes, I installed it with Internalz.

I just tried to uninstal it:
    It showed up in Preware, from where I unistalled it.
    And now all the files the patch had modified have disapeared from the folder!
    (i.e. my calendar app now speaks english)

So I confirm the patch applyed correctly, but removing it was NOT successful.

15.    #655  
    I guess we must wait a bit longer.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Yes. Let's wait and let webOS Internals work on it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

17.    #657  
    I have submitted the version for 3.0.5.

These first few versions may have bugs, because of my coding or perhaps some unknown complication from AUSTM.

Thus, some of you who desire more stability or are not as ready to deal with issues and report them, may wish to hold off until the reports come back clear.

There is no way currently to do a local patch version for testing, until Jason updates Internalz and webOS QI. So testing will be done with the feed versions.

If you install it, you may have to manually fix the calendar. I'll post the list of files immediate after this, so the forum won't send the list out if you have instant email notifications enabled.

18.    #658  
    files modified by the patch for 3.0.5:

CODE
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppLaunch.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/MiniMonth.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/UberAgenda.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/AllDayEvent.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayEventGroup.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayView.css
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/day/DayView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/depends.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/DeleteConfirm.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/DetailView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/EditView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/RepeatChangeConfirm.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/edit/RepeatView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/header/CalendarList.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthCarousel.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthDay.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/month/MonthHeader.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/prefs/PreferencesView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/MissedRemindersView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/ReminderDialog.css
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/reminders/ReminderDialog.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/CalendarsManager.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/EventView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/JumpToView.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/PrefsManager.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/ReminderManager.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/shared/Utilities.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekCarousel.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekHeader.jsjsjs
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.css
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.reminders/on-snooze-handler.jsjsjs

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just submitted the multilingual translation patch for 3.0.5 for french, spanish and german too.

Modified files:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/fr.json
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/es.json
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/resources/de.json
    Last edited by Kratus; 01/27/2012 at 10:26 AM.

20.    #660  
    UC HD is now available. I did a quick preware install, restart luna, uninstall restart luna, re-install restart luna. Everything went as it should. I did not try any of the recovery scripts.

So it won't render your calendar useless if you uninstall it.

There are still possibilities for bugs, mostly from my code I would imagine. Unless we get another OTA or app update for the calendar. As always sconix and webosinternals have done a great job. Don't forget to send them your thanks, and for those of you with the means perhaps a donation.

I would consider it a beta patch version for now, but not an Alpha test. I still need more testers for this 3.0.5 version besides myself to declare the patch stable. As I have been the only one using it for the past couple of weeks.

thanks for testing, please post your successes or lack there of with this version.

cheers.